Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals willing to trade back?
Well of course they are but it sounds like there’s a good shot they do.

As far back as 25

https://www.bengals.com/news/steven-radicevic-draft-front-office-conversation

Quote: GH: How do you view this year's draft, where the Bengals have the 18th pick in the first round?
SR: I think it's a strong draft. Probably one of the better ones just positionally across the board. It's a deep draft, except maybe for a couple of positions. But I think it's probably one of the better drafts that I've been around where if you're in the top 25, you're getting a player you would normally get in the top 10.

At least that’s how I read it. Minnesota has been mocked to trade up for a qb at 18 instead of 4 or 5. Could this be a message sent they are open for business within that range.

….it certainly sounds like they won’t be trading up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'd hope that they'd trade back and then trade back up to where they think the glut of relative talent is if they were to trade back. They'd probably miss out on one of the consensus top OTs, probably the top 3 edge players, and top 2 DTs. I could see how it would be worth it to wind up with say a top C/G, a less regarded OT(like Paul, Suamataia, or Guyton), and a pure BPA in round 2 - especially if their top rated OTs are all gone at 18.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 09:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well of course they are but it sounds like there’s a good shot they do.

As far back as 25

https://www.bengals.com/news/steven-radicevic-draft-front-office-conversation

At least that’s how I read it. Minnesota has been mocked to trade up for a qb at 18 instead of 4 or 5. Could this be a message sent they are open for business within that range.

….it certainly sounds like they won’t be trading up.

100% disagree about 25 players that would be Top 10 any other year.

But this is a very good draft from 15-60
Reply/Quote
Would rather we trade back than trade up. It would add a pick and most likely in the top 3 rounds where the talent is prevalent.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 02:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: 100% disagree about 25 players that would be Top 10 any other year.

But this is a very good draft from 15-60

I like to use Zierlein's grades to compare between draft classes.  

Last year, the #10 prospect on the Consensus Big Board was Levis, and Zierlein graded him at 6.34.  45 players this year are graded 6.34 or better.

Guys can be in inflated because they're QB's, though, so I looked at the #11 Consensus prospect, Smith-Njaba and he graded 6.43, of which there are 23 players this rated with that grade or better.
Reply/Quote
I haven’t done many mocks with a trade back and adding an extra pick or two in rounds 2-5. I would be all for that. Maybe we can use the four 6th and 7th rounders to trade for future picks in next years draft.

I usually bang the trade back drum every year. Sure would be nice this year since we don’t absolutely need an immediate starter and there should be some really good players who fall to us that could have teams willing to offer a lot of capital to move up and get them.
Reply/Quote
We are going to get good players this year in the first 4 rds. Sure, we will poopah if they don't take the ones we want them to take. It's a reason I haven't done a mock and quite frankly there are way too many ways they can go with their picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 05:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I haven’t done many mocks with a trade back and adding an extra pick or two in rounds 2-5. I would be all for that. Maybe we can use the four 6th and 7th rounders to trade for future picks in next years draft.

I usually bang the trade back drum every year. Sure would be nice this year since we don’t absolutely need an immediate starter and there should be some really good players who fall to us that could have teams willing to offer a lot of capital to move up and get them.

Trading back adds depth which is why I am all for it.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I honestly can see us trading back with mims and Latham on the board and taking someone like Blake Fisher at 25. I can see them doing that all day long.

Bengals scare me
To death in the first round. Especially if we need and offensive lineman
Reply/Quote
I was reviewing espn draft grades recently. I believe I counted 33 prospects with a grade of 90 or above. That’s a relatively high number. The range for most years seems to be 16-22 or so.

I forget the exact verbiage they use to describe this range but it’s something like quality nfl starter with potential for future all pro and pro bowl seasons.

So unless they love someone who’s available at 18 they could trade back a bit and roll the dice and accumulate a pick or two more. If they go this route I’d like to see them move up in the middle rounds to get “their guys” as I don’t see 10 picks making the team as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote