Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals won today
I think a lot of fans including myself are negative because we know big picture this team is ultimately going nowhere with Marvin Lewis in year 16. I’m just tired of the Marvin Lewis Bengals, can’t beat Pittsburgh, embrassing themselves in primtime and barley beating a bad team after coming off two bad losses.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:12 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I think a lot of fans including myself are negative because we know big picture this team is ultimately going nowhere with Marvin Lewis in year 16. I’m just tired of the Marvin Lewis Bengals, can’t beat Pittsburgh, embrassing themselves in primtime and barley beating a bad team after coming off two bad losses.

That bad team gave the Saints their only loss of the season so far.

Mike Evans is a really good WR, and they call Fitzmagic that for a reason. I feel bad for people that can’t even enjoy a win for one damn day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:12 AM)lone bengal Wrote: .. I’m just tired of the Marvin Lewis Bengals, can’t beat Pittsburgh, embrassing themselves in primtime and barley beating a bad team after coming off two bad losses.

I think this pretty much sums it up for me, as well.
Love my Bengals, just ready for something different and better 
Reply/Quote
It's important to keep stacking wins while not playing your best football. Hopefully they can win the games they should and start hitting their stride and getting healthy by late November.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That bad team gave the Saints their only loss of the season so far.

Mike Evans is a really good WR, and they call Fitzmagic that for a reason. I feel bad for people that can’t even enjoy a win for one damn day.

[/qu

A bad team can beat a good team and still be bad and I agree Mike Evans is very good. Can’t blow leads like that its unacceptable Fitzmagic is not an excuse lol. No reason to feel bad for me I set high standards for my team and will not accept mediocrity. We have a historically bad defense it’s embarrassing. I guess when you haven’t won a playoff game in 30 years and your coach hasn’t won one in 16 years the bar is set pretty low so maybe I should be happy with beating the Bucs. Just feel like the fans of Cincinnati deserve better.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 01:01 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Mike Evans is a really good WR, and they call Fitzmagic that for a reason. I feel bad for people that can’t even enjoy a win for one damn day.
[/qu

A bad team can beat a good team and still be bad and I agree Mike Evans is very good. Can’t blow leads like that its unacceptable Fitzmagic is not an excuse lol. No reason to feel bad for me I set high standards for my team and will not accept mediocrity. We have a historically bad defense it’s embarrassing. I guess when you haven’t won a playoff game in 30 years and your coach hasn’t won one in 16 years the bar is set pretty low so maybe I should be happy with beating the Bucs. Just feel like the fans of Cincinnati deserve better.

The way some of them act not sure some even deserve 5-3. 

Am very happy where we are sitting considering having no OL and a slew of injuries. 

Agree with OP that it is an absurdity to hear all the belly aching that goes on, even with a win. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:04 PM)motoarch Wrote: Just a reminder since a butch of you seem to be acting like they lost today.  Can’t anyone just be happy?

Agree completely and we are sitting at 5-3 and could easily have been 6-2. 

Yet we are 5-3 and see 3 wins coming against Browns twice and Raiders to bring us to 8 wins. 

Just need to win 2 games out of the Saints, Pitt, Ravens, Chargers, and Bronco's to hit 10 wins and try and win that playoff game. 

Get trench and TE help next season and the window is right back open as contender.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Yeah i get the frustration. Im more relieved they hung on. Im actually surprised our 3 man show did so good in the first half then it all fell apart 2nd half. Its because we are missing one more piece on offense. Just like james rapien said theres something missing,and thats why we have the dry spells whatever you want to call it.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That bad team gave the Saints their only loss of the season so far.  

Some people are just going to be negative no matter what this team does.  Not me though, I'm with you, enjoy the win and the fact that we are 5-3 at the bye.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That bad team gave the Saints their only loss of the season so far.

I’m definitely enjoying the win. Glad to be 5-3 going into the bye. I know sometimes it can be deflating reading the negativity but for the most part it is justified. We didn’t do well in the second half and almost let a win slip away. After the lead we had it shouldn’t have come down to a game winning FG. I think a lot of posters are frustrated just like Marvin was frustrated after the win. Which, that’s unlike him. Usually he will chuckle and act like it’s no biggie. Hopefully his reaction is a positive because now we have 2 weeks to fix or address some issues.

Reply/Quote
Fitzmagic plays that whole game and the Bengals lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:04 PM)motoarch Wrote: Just a reminder since a butch of you seem to be acting like they lost today.  Can’t anyone just be happy?
THANK YOU for reminding all these people that The Bengals WON the game.  Not being sarcastic. Everybody acting like Bengals have lost 3 in the row and it's just not the case.  Bengals are 5-3.  I think this hurts fans of Browns, Steelers and Ravens on here.  I think it hurts people who said Bengals would win only 4 games this season as some preseason magazine said. So again, Thank You for reminding them Bengals WON THE GAME. 

You ask can't anyone just be happy ?. When Ravens whup Steelers and bye week Bengals slide back into FIRST PLACE, Don't Worry, Be Happy. oooo, do do.. do do do,..do do do do.... do do do..... Do do do.. do do do do.....Do do do do do....Hey Man, Don't Worry, Be Happy.....Now we gonna' do the Jump Up, Man. When Bengals go back in First Place during bye week, Steelers can jump up and kiss our arse, Man. Don't Worry, Be Happy. Jamaica, Man. Did Jamaica mistake going to Baltimore, Steelers ? Don't Worry, Be Happy.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 01:01 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Mike Evans is a really good WR, and they call Fitzmagic that for a reason. I feel bad for people that can’t even enjoy a win for one damn day.
[/qu

You should feel happy beating the Bucs. It's it better than losing to them??
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That bad team gave the Saints their only loss of the season so far.  

As frustrated as I was with the 3 and outs in the 2nd half and the porous defensive backfield, it did my heart good to have the offense get the team down the field and kick the field goal to win the game.

The team has not always had the backbone to do that.  And we have some young players that are playing well that gives me hope for the future.   You have to like Franks, Hubbard, Bates, Mixon, Boyd and Thomas.  And I have to believe that once the confusion has subsided WJIII, Dre and Dennard are going to be a good backfield.   Phillips had a few good moments as well.  And there have been a lot more turnovers.

There is hope yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 09:45 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Fitzmagic plays that whole game and the Bengals lose.

Idk about that. As Truck (IIRC) pointed out, we would've game planned for Fitz had he been the starter. Plus there wouldn't have been that sudden energy lift off the bench.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 09:45 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Fitzmagic plays that whole game and the Bengals lose.

Sorry you had to miss that.

You still get to whine and whimper, but it just is not as much fun after a Bengal win, is it?
Reply/Quote

I am happy, still just halfway through the year and we have won 5 games, that is pretty good considering the coaching,
injuries, bad tackling and breakdowns. We can get this fixed going into a bye. Should be a fun game against the Saints
in a couple weeks. Mixon vs. Kamara.

Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 07:55 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: We did win today. And we have been good enough to win 5 of our first 8 games this year. So I will be spending the rest of today enjoying these two simple facts. I have that luxury as a fan. Since I am not a Bengals staff member, I don't have all necessary information to make responsible recommendations. Why burden myself with anything that I have zero control over its outcome?

Maybe tomorrow I'll go back to speculating, along with the majority of the rest of us. But not today. Because today, we won. And I like how that feels.

(10-28-2018, 09:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right now i'm more focused on next Tuesday night at 9:30. 

UK vs Duke!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 01:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry you had to miss that.

You still get to whine and whimper, but it just is not as much fun after a Bengal win, is it?

Truth makes people bitter. I get it Fred, it’s ok though. Keep being you.

[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote