Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals work out 8 players during the bye week
(11-01-2018, 02:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Offensive line positions...especially Tackle and Guard spots aren't interchangeable like that. It's a totally different skillset.

I disagree, but since the O-line has to work as a unit it is not a good idea to change 4 positions at the same time.

One player should be able to move from OT to OG, but you should not shuffle the entire line up at once.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 01:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: To bolded:  Talk about a coaching staff with tunnel vision..  We're getting eaten alive in coverage, and up the gut runs, so they look at edge rushers..

Also interesting that we had a pretty good H-Back on the team last year, now he plays for the Colts.

My first thought also.....
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised no WR with both Ross and Green dealing with injuries.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 02:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I understand that they're trying to replace Lawson, but it would seem that someone more adept at coverage or stuffing the run would be more of a priority, unless the coaches don't notice the lackluster coverage and porous run defense as a problem?

You'd think they'd notice it when my grandma can get open on our LBers. And being the worst 3rd down D in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 01:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Also interesting that we had a pretty good H-Back on the team last year, now he plays for the Colts.

Yeah, I was not in favor of cutting that guy.  Physically and mentally tough, smart, effective and versatile.   Nor was I in favor of running exclusively out of the shotgun.   Happily it seems they're reconsidering that at least.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 02:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You'd think they'd notice it when my grandma can get open on our LBers. And being the worst 3rd down D in the NFL.

If it was me, I'd cover TE's with a S,  Use 3 S's on passing downs and have one of them cover TE's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I like Ealy and Koyack coming out of college. Would like to see them given a shot.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 02:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm surprised no WR with both Ross and Green dealing with injuries.

Would have loved to see the Bengals trade a couple of picks for DeSean Jackson.   He's an experienced guy with a lot speed who could take the top off the defensive backfield and give Ross the time to adequately heal up.

If Green doesn't have a lingering injury it would make for a dynamic receiving corps.

And I'm still upset about taking Simpson over him in the first place
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 02:48 PM)McC Wrote: If it was me, I'd cover TE's with a S,  Use 3 S's on passing downs and have one of them cover TE's.

They gotta do something ! We're getting toasted across the middle. It's not like it's a hidden problem.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 01:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It has worked before.

This is how we got players like Wallace Gilberry, Cedric Benson, and Dhani Jones.

Yep. They've had several mid-season pickups that performed very well. Cedric was great for us. Hopefully the trend continues. Marvin and company have a strong eye for talent.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 03:35 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yep. They've had several mid-season pickups that performed very well. Cedric was great for us. Hopefully the trend continues. Marvin and company have a strong eye for talent.

They do have a strong eye for talent. It's using them effectively which has caused the problems.

Reply/Quote
The longer they go without signing someone off the street or another team's PS the more likely they are to promote someone from our own PS. Maybe Chris Worley for some LB help?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I disagree, but since the O-line has to work as a unit it is not a good idea to change 4 positions at the same time.

One player should be able to move from OT to OG, but you should not shuffle the entire line up at once.

Moving a Guard like Hopkins to Tackle?

I'm not really sure why Hart draws people's ire. For most of the season, he's actually graded out right around Glenn...meaning they've played about equal.
Reply/Quote
I do like the fullback thought,if we arent getting a free agent receiver to help, then lets just run the ball and use a fullback. But i doubt thats lazors style i cant see him just pounding the ball lol. As for ealy i think hed fit in nicely,he helped the panthers get to the superbowl,i even remember there was possibility he could of been drafted by us.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 11:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Adding a FB would be an interesting wrinkle, especially if they actually used him.

If only they hadn't released Hewitt.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 03:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: They do have a strong eye for talent. It's using them effectively which has caused the problems.
This..... these work out is probably the orginazation idea to get the fans excited but at the end they won't sign anyone. Even if they do sign someone none of them will see playing time. Same O same O

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Information 
(11-01-2018, 02:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I understand that they're trying to replace Lawson, but it would seem that someone more adept at coverage or stuffing the run would be more of a priority, unless the coaches don't notice the lackluster coverage and porous run defense as a problem?

Apparently not, I'd like to have gotten "Snacks" Harrison in the Giant's fire sale, the price was certainly cheap enough...a 5th round pick!! Don't know much about these guys, though Ripkowski was a really good fullback that could also catch, but that may have been a then and now thing. Don't really like the guy, but Dez Bryant could be a potential Green replacement if AJ's injury is serious.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 07:58 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: If only they hadn't released Hewitt.

Yep, I was a fan of Hewitt.  Too bad they didn't use him effectively, after giving him that nice contract, that they later felt the need to get rid of..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 08:34 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Apparently not, I'd like to have gotten "Snacks" Harrison in the Giant's fire sale, the price was certainly cheap enough...a 5th round pick!! Don't know much about these guys, though Ripkowski was a really good fullback that could also catch, but that may have been a then and now thing.

Preach on, brother.  I was singing about the need for a legit NT, weeks ago..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Glasgow was SOO MUCH better than people gave him credit for. He graded out REALLY highly from PFF. His loss was huge.

I'm hoping he can regain his form next season when healthy.

The loss of Glasgow may be our biggest impact injury so far this year among the list of injuries. Lawson hurts too. As does Price. Vigil was playing well finally...so that's a big loss too.
Reply/Quote