Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals work out Josh Adams
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/24/bengals-worked-out-josh-adams-notre-dame-pro-day/

With 11 picks to use and possibly needing a running back to replace Jeremy Hill, the Cincinnati Bengals aren’t ignoring running back ahead of the 2018 NFL draft.

The Bengals and running backs coach Kyle Caskey recently attended the Notre Dame Pro Day and worked out Josh Adams:

Quote:Josh Adams was tough to bring down last season pic.twitter.com/mMu7utDsJ4
— PFF Draft (@PFF_College) March 20, 2018

Adams is a late-round prospect who checks in at 6’2″ and 213 pounds. He’s a north-south runner in the Hill mold who will get what is blocked for him and  could form a strong complement for Joe Mixon.
While the Bengals are doing due diligence at a major pro day, Adams is a guy who fits well with what the Bengals are trying to do, provided they don’t address the need earlier.
The catch with a running back late in the draft is he’ll likely need to contribute on special teams, which is likely something the coaches were looking at.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I’m with it.
Reply/Quote
Am cool with it later in draft.

But sure hope we do not take one early having Gio and Mixon already.

Have Brian Hill, Jarveon as back ups and have always thought Tra Carson needed a shot at playing time as well.

Yet a late round flyer is a smart play. In the first 4 rounds I am thinking foolish move.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking UDFA. If we need a RB later in the draft, I like the kid from Northwestern, sorry can't think of his name at the moment??
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 10:24 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Am cool with it later in draft.

Have Brian Hill, Jarveon as back ups and have always thought Tra Carson needed a shot at playing time as well.

Yet a late round flyer is a smart play. In the first 4 rounds I am thinking foolish move.

^This^

We're going to need the top 5 rounds to address needs that no one wants to be overlooked, none of which include RB. Both lines, LB, S, and TE definitely should come first, assuming a good player is there when we pick. Not to mention we have two top RB's plus adequate backups screaming for snaps.  This is not the year to draft a running back imho.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 04:23 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: ^This^

We're going to need the top 5 rounds to address needs that no one wants to be overlooked, none of which include RB. Both lines, LB, S, and TE definitely should come first, assuming a good player is there when we pick. Not to mention we have two top RB's plus adequate backups screaming for snaps.  This is not the year to draft a running back imho.

I’m with all this until u start talking about Brian hill jarveon and tra as deserving of more snaps...maybe in practice but on sundays we need a competent back Incase of injury. Not till the fifth absolutely but just stop it when talking about the back ups cuz they trash
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 07:48 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I’m with all this until u start talking about Brian hill jarveon and tra as deserving of more snaps...maybe in practice but on sundays we need a competent back Incase of injury.  Not till the fifth absolutely but just stop it when talking about the back ups cuz they trash

I thought Hill looked pretty decent at the end of the year.  At least good enough for a guy who will get very few snaps.  If we're the Patriots, by all means, have three or four slippery bastids back there.  For us, unless something crazy falls in our laps, I'm not even looking  for a RB.  If that's a roll of the dice, I'm willing to take that chance.    We have beaucoup spots that could use help and, imo, RB is pretty far down the list.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 09:48 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/24/bengals-worked-out-josh-adams-notre-dame-pro-day/

With 11 picks to use and possibly needing a running back to replace Jeremy Hill, the Cincinnati Bengals aren’t ignoring running back ahead of the 2018 NFL draft.

The Bengals and running backs coach Kyle Caskey recently attended the Notre Dame Pro Day and worked out Josh Adams:

Adams is a late-round prospect who checks in at 6’2″ and 213 pounds. He’s a north-south runner in the Hill mold who will get what is blocked for him and  could form a strong complement for Joe Mixon.
While the Bengals are doing due diligence at a major pro day, Adams is a guy who fits well with what the Bengals are trying to do, provided they don’t address the need earlier.
The catch with a running back late in the draft is he’ll likely need to contribute on special teams, which is likely something the coaches were looking at.
They were probably looking at a bunch of guys , or at least I hope so.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 08:23 PM)McC Wrote: I thought Hill looked pretty decent at the end of the year.  At least good enough for a guy who will get very few snaps.  If we're the Patriots, by all means, have three or four slippery bastids back there.  For us, unless something crazy falls in our laps, I'm not even looking  for a RB.  If that's a roll of the dice, I'm willing to take that chance.    We have beaucoup spots that could use help and, imo, RB is pretty far down the list.

You likely know that I subscribe to this theory of mine called "fresh legs syndrome".  It's what happens when a guy comes off the bench late in the season, and looks really good, compared to guys that are beaten and tired from playing all year.

What typically happens is these guys don't hold a candle to the starters in the Spring, when everyone has fresh legs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 07:48 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I’m with all this until u start talking about Brian hill jarveon and tra as deserving of more snaps...maybe in practice but on sundays we need a competent back Incase of injury.  Not till the fifth absolutely but just stop it when talking about the back ups cuz they trash

The last thing I'm going to worry about is how great a third string running back needs to be on this team. If an injury takes down one of our top two, I'm willing to bet the team finds one to step in and provide decent snaps, assuming the "trash" we have can't get it done. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 10:24 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Am cool with it later in draft.

Same here and i am a RB guy.

Adams would be a nice grab late though and even if i like Brian Hill there is a reason Josh Adams was pushing for a Heisman.

And as Sunset said, fresh legs syndrome or FLS is a real thing. Mellow

Adams would be a big upgrade as a backup and could be great insurance in case Mixon or Gio go down. Not against this but it
would have to be in the 5th or later.
Reply/Quote
So ok, if Fresh Legs Syndrome is a thing, and I'm not saying it isn't, wouldn't you see teams that are winning enough to get to the playoffs stash their #2 RB on the bench and save him to tear it up at the end of the season and post season?
Reply/Quote