Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury updates
Ross needs to play. If he's healthy you get him on the field.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 04:57 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ross needs to play. If he's healthy you get him on the field.

I agree. The unknown attributes of Ross on the field may be enough to ease the pressure and change their plan. I don't see a negative here. Also got to get Kroft involved.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It begs the question when I watch Vigil play like a Pro Bowler...why was he sitting last year behind an ancient Carlos Dansby?  A fat and slow Maualuga?  Because he "didn't know the playbook" or some crap like that?

I actually think this was one that worked out. Watching the times Vigil played last year, I was not overly impressed. This year he is a machine. Sometimes sitting a rookie and making them watch the old vet actually is the right thing to do.....
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 12:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Jones has followed AB all over the field in the past and did a good job on him, don't forget AB maybe best receiver in the NFL so I hope Jones is ready to play.

Jones is very underrated among many here and I'm not sure if it's off field stuff which I really don't care about or something else, but he's still a very solid CB.
It's a great luxury to have WJ playing with him. You might not like Jones as a person, but so what? The guy knows how to play CB and apparently knows how to teach the game. He may end up as a heck of a secondary coach someday..idk..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 08:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I actually think this was one that worked out. Watching the times Vigil played last year, I was not overly impressed. This year he is a machine. Sometimes sitting a rookie and making them watch the old vet actually is the right thing to do.....

Good Point, and I do think this is a case by case basis kinda thing.

Take a look at Rookie Ryan Glasgow this year, getting the most DT reps out any Bengals Rookie since Atkins in 8 years.

While Glasgow isnt setting the Dline on fire, I think he is holding his own and doing some good things.
Reply/Quote
Wed update: Ross practicing again. Jones and Derron Smith both return to the field. Dalton reports ankle is fine.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Ross limited, so it's very iffy he will play. If he goes full tomorrow there is a chance

If greater note, 60% of the Steelers o line didn't practice. Let's hope those guys don't get healthy for at least a week and our teams biggest strength can tear into a patchwork o line trying to protect a lumbering geriatric
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 12:59 PM)BengalD Wrote: If he's healthy - send him deep every play and take them out of their coverage every time,  And if they let up, throw it to him.
Yes. Or if not Ross, then Malone! Send somebody to help Green avoid being triple teamed!!!
Reply/Quote
They're going to shadow Green with Mike Mitchell, they do this every time we play them. Having Ross on the field would at least make them think twice about it.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 03:56 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They're going to shadow Green with Mike Mitchell, they do this every time we play them. Having Ross on the field would at least make them think twice about it.

Fear factor comes into play. Head hunting safeties are rare, but are a ‘thing’ in all segments of competitive hitting Football. All it takes is AJ to get creamed, and he will second guess himself.

On side note, doubt Ross plays. I’d put him at 30%, and even if he does play, 10, maybe 15 snaps total.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I predict pain.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 12:54 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Good Point, and I do think this is a case by case basis kinda thing.

Take a look at Rookie Ryan Glasgow this year, getting the most DT reps out any Bengals Rookie since Atkins in 8 years.

While Glasgow isnt setting the Dline on fire, I think he is holding his own and doing some good things.

The fact that Glasgow is playing over Billings is interesting.

Glasgow is rated 57.0 by PFF...which is considered Poor.

Billings is rated 61.5 which is Below Average.
Reply/Quote
Re Ross: Marvin was pretty pointed in why it may be a bit before we see the first-round pick on the field (scroll down past the Q&A).
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/10/12/walkthru-cincinnati-bengals-not-trading-jeremy-hill-injury-update/757272001/

Basically, Marvin says he hasn't practiced enough to play. Which is legit. Ross was cleared for full practice shortly before the Washington game, got a couple snaps, then a short week before Indy with really no practice -- then he got hurt. Ross admitted he pushed it by kinda/sorta misleading the team about his health to play vs. Houston ... and maybe kinda/sorta wasn't feeling that great in that game, and then, of course, was done the Wed. before the Packers game. We can probably count the number of full practices for him on two hands at this point.

Toss in the fact he was only a limited participant this week i.e. no team drills...it'll be a bit. Marvin rarely comes out that strong on a player not practicing and it'd be weird to see him just decide to forget that. Josh Malone may not have been active yet, but he's at least there. I guess we should always allow for the 2% chance anyone can play or anything can change between now and inactives being announced, but it seems like a stretch this week.

As for Jones: Say what you want about the guy and no one will ever forget the playoff game, but he and Kirkpatrick have had success against Brown since 2015 when they took over as starters. He has just one TD and hasn't topped 90 yards in the four regular season games since then.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote