Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals working out group of kickers.
(11-02-2016, 04:01 PM)drgonzo Wrote: Can any of them cover a tight end?

Can any of those guys who CAN cover a tight end replace our owner?  Gah...it's hopeless.  Why attempt to fix anything?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 04:26 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm guessing Nugent gets one more game. If he repeats he performance against the Giants, then I'm guessing he's gone. He'll more than likely have a good game and then get a free pass for the rest of the season.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Nuge will go 2 for 2 next week and earn 3 more years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 04:55 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Here you go:

Bengals' Kicker tryouts

Not a whole lot to report, but it seems they're worried about Nugent's performance as they should be.

And that's what makes me happy. Regardless if they sign another kicker or not, at least they're aware and addressing the problem.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 04:06 PM)Whacked Wrote: He'll end up in Pittsburgh or New England and set some crazy miss-less streak. That's how these things typically pan out. Wish we demanded accountability on our team. Wouldn't that be swell!

Currently, ain't nuthin but a pipe dream Sad

When has that ever happened to any of our former flameout players? 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 04:26 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm guessing Nugent gets one more game. If he repeats he performance against the Giants, then I'm guessing he's gone. He'll more than likely have a good game and then get a free pass for the rest of the season.

That's one more game than he deserves. If he gets another shot, he'll kick well for 3 games, and then it'll come back to bite us with a loss. Do it now. You're on your bye. 

Pull the trigger mike/Marvin 
Reply/Quote

Bengals' Kicker tryouts

Not a whole lot to report, but it seems they're worried about Nugent's performance as they should be.

And there it is. This is just a dumb motivation tactic for Nugent. 

And to the people who are bring up the defensive struggles, should we just not fix anything? Ya this wouldn't help the defense, but it would be upgrading a spot on the roster, one that I've felt needed upgrading for a couple of years.
Reply/Quote
Confirmed by our own board member/writer that nothing's come out of it today.

Jim Owczarski Verified account
‏@JimOwczarski
The #Bengals are not signing any of the kickers they worked out today, including Zach Hocker, who was in camp.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 06:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Confirmed by our own board member/writer that nothing's come out of it today.

Jim Owczarski Verified account
‏@JimOwczarski
The #Bengals are not signing any of the kickers they worked out today, including Zach Hocker, who was in camp.

Zach Hocker was apparently someone the Bengals were very much interested in, if it had not been for the injuries in preseason.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Bengals' Kicker tryouts

This FO has had opportunities to get a "good" kicker in the past and......whiffed. I don't expect anything to come from this. If it were to happen it would a Tate thing all over again
Reply/Quote
I could be wrong about this, but I think they always work out FA kickers during the bye week (along with other positions).
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 07:20 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Zach Hocker was apparently someone the Bengals were very much interested in, if it had not been for the injuries in preseason.

I'm guessing he signs after the season and it's Hocker and Nugent again battling for the kicking job.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 05:51 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Ya this wouldn't help the defense, but it would be upgrading a spot on the roster, 

You have no way of knowing if any of the guys brought in for a try out would be an upgrade over Nugent.  Even with his misses over the last two games Nugent still is not the worst kicker in the NFL.  So what makes you think that there are a lot better kickers out there wioth no jobs?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 08:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no way of knowing if any of the guys brought in for a try out would be an upgrade over Nugent.  Even with his misses over the last two games Nugent still is not the worst kicker in the NFL.  So what makes you think that there are a lot better kickers out there wioth no jobs?

That is heartbreaking that there is a team(s) out there that has to suffer through the vomit inducing pain of having a kicker worse than Nugent.  I couldn't even imagine.  

It is true that Nugent isn't the most garbage kicker in the league, but he is trash nonetheless and that is undeniable.
Reply/Quote
Five of the ten most accurate are still available:

Jim Bakken
Mark Moseley
Jon Stenerud
Gary Anderson
Morten Andersen
Reply/Quote
By all reports it was a great success.  Marvin looked very pleased with the try outs.

[Image: fatty-kick-line1.jpg]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 10:10 PM)Burma Wrote: By all reports it was a great success.  Marvin looked very pleased with the try outs.

[Image: fatty-kick-line1.jpg]

I think I see a replacement for Huber in there too!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 10:12 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think I see a replacement for Huber in there too!!

You're just falling under the spell of those pouty lips.  :heart: :heart:

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Video of Nuge's biggest competition

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 08:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no way of knowing if any of the guys brought in for a try out would be an upgrade over Nugent.  Even with his misses over the last two games Nugent still is not the worst kicker in the NFL.  So what makes you think that there are a lot better kickers out there wioth no jobs?

You can beat your head against the wall trying to explain that here to those who want to fire Nugent, it makes no difference. They'll just accuse you of being a homer, an OSU fan, or being related to the guy. They don't think past their anger and want him fired. The fact there is no one available that is any better than him does not enter into their thinking......
Reply/Quote