Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bennett Should Have Been Ejected for this Attack
(10-12-2015, 11:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: I don't have a problem with it...unless the rumors of punches thrown are true.  Still yet....a fine and move on. It's football.  Oh, and thanks for the penalty dumbass, we certainly needed it! LMAO

I can't find the full video, but if memory serves correctly, he shoved him down again after this video cuts off.  The initial block was fine, but I do think he took it too far.  Bennett seems to almost have something personal against Dalton... did they play each other in college, or did Andy beat his team in a Texas State Championship or something back in the day??
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:44 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I can't find the full video, but if memory serves correctly, he shoved him down again after this video cuts off.  The initial block was fine, but I do think he took it too far.  Bennett seems to almost have something personal against Dalton... did they play each other in college, or did Andy beat his team in a Texas State Championship or something back in the day??

Hmmmmm....I dunno.  Maybe he was still mad from 2011? LOL

Anyway, the only thing that angers me a little is that it was unprovoked.  However, I stood behind Pacman only deserving a fine, so I stand there on this one too.

On a side note, I was once ejected for slobberknocking a guy for doing something similar to my QB years ago.... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hmmmmm....I dunno.  Maybe he was still mad from 2011? LOL

Anyway, the only thing that angers me a little is that it was unprovoked.  However, I stood behind Pacman only deserving a fine, so I stand there on this one too.

On a side note, I was once ejected for slobberknocking a guy for doing something similar to my QB years ago.... LMAO

Agree, it is not worthy of a suspension.  I am not entirely sure how they determine the amount of a fine, but do think he'll be $20k or so "less rich" this week.

On a side note... if the NFL really wants to make a difference, perhaps they should make the fine a percentage of salary or something of that nature.  $20k to most of these guys is, literally, pocket change.  I sincerely doubt it acts as a deterrent.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:10 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Hmmmmm....I dunno.  Maybe he was still mad from 2011? LOL

if whitworth would have saw it happening he might have gotten ejected.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You may not have seen the correct video.  One video shows him trying to get up, getting hit again, and then hit again and ultimately sat upon.  The video you need to see shows Bennett targeting the QB (there were at least four guys with their backs turned to Bennett) and then laying a vicious hit on him directly in his back.  Not only is that an illegal block, but he clearly targeted the QB and did more than just a little cheap shot.  He tried to knock him out of the game.  I'm sure Dalton is feeling that hit today and I am even that much more impressed with his comeback after such a shot. 

I did watch the whole video.  Multiple different versions of it.  I do not see it as targeting the QB.  Dalton isn't the quarterback anymore, he's a potential tackler.  Bennett is allowed to block him and finish the block.  In a college game I watched this weekend a ref got taken out because an offensive player was finishing a block long after the play was past him and the guy he was blocking had no chance of making the tackle.  But that's what they're taught, keep hitting and blocking until you hear a whistle.  It just so happened that Dalton got worked over.
Reply/Quote
It's football Yeah Bennett is a Dick but he took advantage of free blows to the QB luckily he got penalized and But i don't think he should be fined or suspended. It's football your suppose to beat up your opponent
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if whitworth would have saw it happening he might have gotten ejected.

Of this, I have little doubt. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:31 PM)bearstronaut Wrote: I did watch the whole video.  Multiple different versions of it.  I do not see it as targeting the QB.  Dalton isn't the quarterback anymore, he's a potential tackler.  Bennett is allowed to block him and finish the block.  In a college game I watched this weekend a ref got taken out because an offensive player was finishing a block long after the play was past him and the guy he was blocking had no chance of making the tackle.  But that's what they're taught, keep hitting and blocking until you hear a whistle.  It just so happened that Dalton got worked over.

You must not have seen his first hit on Dalton.  It was a blind shot in the back, and that is a blatant penalty, which was missed.  The fact that he went after him after knocking him down and hit him several more times isn't so much my issue.  I don't think that video captured the initial hit.  I forget which site showed the whole video. 
Reply/Quote
He definitely has anger issues.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:27 AM)bearstronaut Wrote: I honestly don't have a problem with it.  Dalton is a potential tackler at that point, not a quarterback.  Who remembers when Tavaris Jackson got chokeslamed??  That's good stuff.

[Image: tavaris-jackson-power-bombed-o.gif]

You must be new to football, well let me explain the difference for you bud, one instance was a qb who was far far from the play who wasnt going to even try to tackle the guy and even if he did try, didnt have the speed, other instance was a athletic qb who was in position and tried to make a play and got blocked.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:31 PM)bearstronaut Wrote: I did watch the whole video.  Multiple different versions of it.  I do not see it as targeting the QB.  Dalton isn't the quarterback anymore, he's a potential tackler.  Bennett is allowed to block him and finish the block.  In a college game I watched this weekend a ref got taken out because an offensive player was finishing a block long after the play was past him and the guy he was blocking had no chance of making the tackle.  But that's what they're taught, keep hitting and blocking until you hear a whistle.  It just so happened that Dalton got worked over.

The precedent has already been set by the league. He was not going to make a play on the ball, thus making the Dlineman's actions unnecessary to say the least. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:18 PM)Element Wrote: You must be new to football, well let me explain the difference for you bud, one instance was a qb who was far far from the play who wasnt going to even try to tackle the guy and even if he did try, didnt have the speed, other instance was a athletic qb who was in position and tried to make a play and got blocked.

dalton has made tackles after INTs before or at least attempts too
Reply/Quote
What a Jerk!!
Reply/Quote
Absolutely didn't need ejected. Penalty was all that was needed.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:50 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You must not have seen his first hit on Dalton.  It was a blind shot in the back, and that is a blatant penalty, which was missed.  The fact that he went after him after knocking him down and hit him several more times isn't so much my issue.  I don't think that video captured the initial hit.  I forget which site showed the whole video. 

It wasn't missed, they did call that penalty. That is what negated Earl Thomas 60 something yard return.  I'm on board with the illegal block penalty. But I do not think he deserved an ejection a fine or a suspension.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This, but remember, what if this had injured him?

Perhaps more importantly to those that determine fines, etc. is what if this hit or hits, I should say, were on Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Andrew Luck? 

If anyone did that to Brady they would be out of the league like shit through a goose. Kraft would probably have them dumped in the nearest river with concrete shoes.
Reply/Quote
http://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/653271797249540097/video/1

I don't know, it kind of looks like a punch at the end.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 10:09 PM)Housh Wrote: I thought it was excessive. Dalton clearly wasn't gonna get up and run 40 yards in 1.3 secs to bring down Earl Thomas lll. Not suspension worthy tho

Remember we got over on Pacman being allowed to remove his helmet on the field as well. That should be a flag10/10 times.

But then again Pacman didn't call fair catch and with that return we could've came back quicker.

Refs have to find the line between enforcing the game and changing it. They changed the game today and it was annoying

The Adam Jones helmet thing made no real difference.  It was 9 yards. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 04:23 PM)bearstronaut Wrote: It wasn't missed, they did call that penalty. That is what negated Earl Thomas 60 something yard return.  I'm on board with the illegal block penalty. But I do not think he deserved an ejection a fine or a suspension.

He deserved all that and more.  He threw Andy BACK DOWN to the ground after the initial hit, took some swings at him, and wouldn't let him get up.  NFL Cannot allow that.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 08:02 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: screw you Bennett! Dirty a$$ play. coming from an OSU fan too. Hope he gets fined, but was hoping someone would give him a little payback. You just don't do that to an opposing teams QB!

This is why I think the NFL should come down hard on him.  You don't go after a QB like that.  
Reply/Quote