Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernard Fumble
Take away the fact that the hit should have been penalized. Hell, pretend that it's a solid and clean hit.

Should that have been ruled a fumble? Isn't there a rule protecting the runner, if he's injured or knocked out and fumbles the ball and is physically unable to recover ball due to said injury and any fumble won't count? I could be wrong, but Doug Williams in the Super Bowl (a LONG time ago) dropped the ball as his knee was being twisted but the refs ruled it wasn't a fumble.

Just curious.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If this were true theyd fake an injury everytime they fumbled so no way is this a rule
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:46 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: If this were true theyd fake an injury everytime they fumbled so no way is this a rule

The more I look at Antonio Brown's injury and hear how he is telling all his teammates he'll be fine this weekend, I am beginning to think that was some big-time acting.  He flung his arms and maybe added a little drama to that nudge.

He got the flags he wanted.  
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I think AB needs to get a little harder next time then. they should be afraid of Burfict. He's a loose cannon and he has the size to end your career if he wanted to.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It was a fumble. Should have been flagged for spearing, but still was a fumble.

No doubt in that sense.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:44 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It was a fumble. Should have been flagged for spearing, but still was a fumble.

No doubt in that sense.

Yeah should have been first and goal @ the 2 right there for the bengals

He was a runner i cant believe the annoucers and that guy they had on the phone all agreed it was clean when he lead with the crown of his helmet which is illegal anywhere on the field at any time.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:44 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It was a fumble. Should have been flagged for spearing, but still was a fumble.

No doubt in that sense.

If the personal foul was called for the helmet to helmet hit outside the tackle box, as the rules state, then the fumble is overturned.  You can't commit a personal foul, and get rewarded with a fumble.  The personal foul in that situation effectively ends the play.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:45 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Take away the fact that the hit should have been penalized. Hell, pretend that it's a solid and clean hit.

Should that have been ruled a fumble? Isn't there a rule protecting the runner, if he's injured or knocked out and fumbles the ball and is physically unable to recover ball due to said injury and any fumble won't count? I could be wrong, but Doug Williams in the Super Bowl (a LONG time ago) dropped the ball as his knee was being twisted but the refs ruled it wasn't a fumble.

Just curious.

I believe if they would have flagged the hit.. that would override any fumble since it would be a penalty on them.. just like if we threw a InT but there was a penalty on the opposing team, that overrides the InT
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:33 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: If the personal foul was called for the helmet to helmet hit outside the tackle box, as the rules state, then the fumble is overturned.  You can't commit a personal foul, and get rewarded with a fumble unless you're a Steeler.  The personal foul in that situation effectively ends the play.

Fixed it for you.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

No doubt in that sense.
Yep and Im pissed that they blew it, and here's why....

They don't miss that call, Ben doesn't get injured 4 plays later on the sack. Ben doesn't get injured, the offense doesn't grind to a halt giving the Bengals more time to come back. 

Average TOP of the 9 possessions with Ben = 2:35
Average TOP of the 3 possessions with Quandry Jones = 1:15

Ben doesn't get hurt, the Bengals have 3 to 4 less minutes of clock. 

That's huge. 
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:44 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Yep and Im pissed that they blew it, and here's why....

They don't miss that call, Ben doesn't get injured 4 plays later on the sack. Ben doesn't get injured, the offense doesn't grind to a halt giving the Bengals more time to come back. 

That's huge. 

Jungle Noise is for Bengals fans only. Feel free to post in the Smack forum or AFC North chatter forum.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:04 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Jungle Noise is for Bengals fans only. Feel free to post in the Smack forum or AFC North chatter forum.

Seems like we're getting an influx of newbie fans (and I'm guessing some are disguised as Bengals fans too) lately, lol. Sore winners indeed, they know something fishy went on in that game... ThumbsUp
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:15 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Seems like we're getting an influx of newbie fans (and I'm guessing some are disguised as Bengals fans too) lately, lol. Sore winners indeed, they know something fishy went on in that game... ThumbsUp

Maybe that "{This section is for BENGALS FANS ONLY.}" verbiage in the title needs to be in 24 point font for the dense or less observent.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:14 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Maybe that "{This section is for BENGALS FANS ONLY.}" verbiage in the title needs to be in 24 point font for the dense or less observent.

Rewrite it in Steeler-ese:  "Yinz stay outta here!" Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah should have been first and goal @ the 2  right there for the bengals

He was a runner i cant believe the annoucers and that guy they had on the phone all agreed it was clean when he lead with the crown of his helmet which is illegal anywhere on the field at any time.

Not if you are a runner in the backfield or between the tackles within 3 yards of the LOS.

Gio was not in those locations, so it should have been a 15 yard penalty, but it is not true to say it is illegal anywhere at any time.
Reply/Quote
Now, PFT is in agreement w the no call. That's some straight up bull shit.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:48 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Now, PFT is in agreement w the no call. That's some straight up bull shit.

Lol, you mean the site run by Florio, a huge Steelers fan? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If you really want to be furious look at pretty much the same play on a pass to Greg Olson against the Redskins during their regular season game with the Panthers. Defender came in and hit Olson and ended up getting the ball and returning it for a TD. A flag was thrown and the TD negated.
Reply/Quote
How is that a catch and Eiferts catch in Baltimore was ruled incomplete?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:44 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Yep and Im pissed that they blew it, and here's why....

That's huge. 

I hope you die.
Reply/Quote