Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bernard is the 13th Highest Paid Back in the NFL and has ...
Love Gio and glad they kept him but for the love of all holy stop overpaying out of comfort. It is comical at how poorly they spend the cap. They are the reason they have no money for free agency. Hart shouldn't be paid half of what he got, Gio should be a 2.5 mill guy and Kirkpatrick sure doesn't play to his contract.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Eifert deal is fine. It’s a one year prove it deal.

Both are one year deals.  Eifert got $3 mil guaranteed on a $5.5 mil deal.  It's not really a prove it deal when you're giving them more guaranteed money than salary.  They total together to $10 mil for this year, and Eifert doesn't look good and Dennard hasn't done anything except hold down the trainer's table.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I'm sure Mikey appreciates your concern for his money. 

Rooting for Mike Brown's wallet is really the only way to get what you want as a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:39 PM)Whatever Wrote: Both are one year deals.  Eifert got $3 mil guaranteed on a $5.5 mil deal.  It's not really a prove it deal when you're giving them more guaranteed money than salary.  They total together to $10 mil for this year, and Eifert doesn't look good and Dennard hasn't done anything except hold down the trainer's table.

Eifert has looked fine to me. Need to get him involved more. Only 11 targets in 2 games.

Idk who this Dennard you keep talking about is.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:40 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Gio is a good player it's really not his fault that we can't run the Ball; same goes for Mixon. Would be nice if our Line could open up holes .
Also Good had a couple of big plays against Seattle including a 30 yard + catch off a screen. I know that game is meaningless because it goes against the Negatrons feeling's but it did happen.

The stuff you mention is all role player stuff. Not a guy who should be paid Top 13 back money.

He is vastly overpaid.

And blame the line. Even when we had a great line, Gio was NEVER a Top 13 back. Not in his prime.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 09:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 13 carries for 27 yards and 3 receptions for 49 yards through 2 games.

When the Bengals paid him this contract, I think a lot of us thought he was overpaid. Some saw it as he was going to be used more.

Just another in a long line of overpaying mediocre players. I doubt another team would have paid him this much.

This has to be insurance for a Mixon holdout. Operating out of fear.

Here's the contracts:
https://overthecap.com/position/running-back/

I think they extended him because of his character.

There's been a concerted push this year to sign character in order to establish the right culture.

I'm sure the same people complaining about this approach will be the ones complaining about the meltdown at the end of the Stealers play-off game and how Burfict and Pacman should never have played again.

This year we saw character being a big theme in the draft: Jonah Williams, Drew Sample, Pratt, Finley all being lauded as high character guys. I think they want to establish the right leaders around people like Joe Mixon and next year's draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 09:59 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I think they extended him because of his character.

There's been a concerted push this year to sign character in order to establish the right culture.

I'm sure the same people complaining about this approach will be the ones complaining about the meltdown at the end of the Stealers play-off game and how Burfict and Pacman should never have played again.

This year we saw character being a big theme in the draft: Jonah Williams, Drew Sample, Pratt, Finley all being lauded as high character guys. I think they want to establish the right leaders around people like Joe Mixon and next year's draft picks.

High character guys are great. It's just, they paid him as a Top 13 back. There had to be a happy medium somewhere on dollars.

I feel like they signed him as insurance in case Mixon holds out with the Elliott and Gordon holdouts. ie Reactionary move. And they didn't want to waste time negotiating so they offered him a big contract.
Reply/Quote
Let's not kid ourselves, GIO is a great receiver and blocker... he is like our midget TE. If our coaches were smart, they would throw to him 99% of the time when he's not used for blocking. Don't even give this man the ball to run, just don't. I don't mind he got the contract, just utilize him as aforementioned. Where is Bill Parcells and Madden when you need them?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like they signed him as insurance in case Mixon holds out with the Elliott and Gordon holdouts. ie Reactionary move.

What do you mean by reactionary here?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Eifert deal is fine. It’s a one year prove it deal.

Eifert looks slow.  Still catching the ball but not getting much separation as in the past.  Those injuries eventually take their toll and neutralize the talent.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 09:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 13 carries for 27 yards and 3 receptions for 49 yards through 2 games.

When the Bengals paid him this contract, I think a lot of us thought he was overpaid. Some saw it as he was going to be used more.

Just another in a long line of overpaying mediocre players. I doubt another team would have paid him this much.

But just look how much better Gio is than Mixon (17 carries for 27 yards and 5 receptions for 17 yards)

We should release Mixon immediately, right?  He is the worst RB in the league.  Just look at those numbers.  No other team would keep a RB that bad on their roster, right?
Reply/Quote
Gio hasn't been the same since Ryan Shazier cheapshotted him helmet to helmet.
https://youtu.be/WP4JfqHDlps
Reply/Quote
Everyone here saw that, we don’t need it posted here...

Reply/Quote