Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernard paid Top 15 back money (per year) - Lets look at that production:
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
They paid Gio to be a locker room mascot, basically.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
You can't blame Gio for the fact that our running game has disappeared. Why not start a thread about cutting Mixon because he is averaging 3.0 per carry and 36 yards a game with zero tds.

Gio would be getting more touches if the offense was functioning the way Zach envisioned.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't blame Gio for the fact that our running game has disappeared.  Why not start a thread about cutting Mixon because he is averaging 3.0 per carry and 36 yards a game with zero tds.

Gio would be getting more touches if the offense was functioning the way Zach envisioned.

It's not Gio's fault at all.  If anything, he's probably thrilled with the contract he received in relation to the amount of snaps he's seeing.  Easiest money ever made.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:16 PM)Big Boss Wrote: They paid Gio to be a locker room mascot, basically.

They paid Gio good money because Mixon has never played a full season and Taylor planned on a run heavy offense.  Gurley broke down for the Rams last year and Zach did not want that to happen with Mixon, but if it did he wanted a good back up in place.
Reply/Quote
I don't disagree with paying Gio, but they won't use him. This team has misused players for years.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
We have the 27th ranked offense in the NFL with just over 300 yards per game. We're 28th in scoring at 16.3 points per game. We're 31st in time of possession - 26.50 minutes.

We can't get even the basics working ! No way am I mad or upset that the #2 back isn't producing. We can't get any rhythm going at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mixon led the AFC in rushing last year. Yesterday he pounded out a whopping 2 (?!) yards on 10 carries. The running backs aren't the problem, not Mixon, not Gio. It's 100% on the O-Line or lack-thereof. When you're getting hit as you get handed the ball there isn't a damn thing any HB would be able to do with it. Barry Sanders would be struggling to get positive yards with this shambles of an O-Line.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 02:51 PM)Ravage Wrote: Mixon led the AFC in rushing last year. Yesterday he pounded out a whopping 2 (?!) yards on 10 carries. The running backs aren't the problem, not Mixon, not Gio. It's 100% on the O-Line or lack-thereof. When you're getting hit as you get handed the ball there isn't a damn thing any HB would be able to do with it. Barry Sanders would be struggling to get positive yards with this shambles of an O-Line.

Honestly, HOW can a team be this bad run blocking.

You could likely take an offensive line from a mid-major school and gain more than 2 yards rushing.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 02:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, HOW can a team be this bad run blocking.

You could likely take an offensive line from a mid-major school and gain more than 2 yards rushing.

I don't know. But somehow, the Bengals have found a way.
Reply/Quote