Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernard released
(04-10-2021, 09:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There are people where who think the Bengals pocket all the cap space they don't use and that is not true.

(04-11-2021, 05:43 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Straw man. Not a single person in this thread has claimed this.

Oh really?

(04-07-2021, 11:31 AM)BurnsBengal Wrote: Where is this money going?  .  .   I don't give a crap about the Browns making more money.   If they extend Hubbard and Bates I'll be the first to admit I was wrong, but I don't think that's happening.
(04-07-2021, 12:09 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: 8) Bates/Hubbard extensions will not kick in until 2022 (right?), Gio's contract expires after this year. So by my reckoning, waiving him does not add 1 penny to make extending guys more affordable. 

(04-07-2021, 12:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: People said the same thing after they cut Hart and Atkins. Have you heard of any contract extensions, yet?

(04-07-2021, 11:43 AM)BurnsBengal Wrote: I feel right now its just kind has the feel of money-in-owner's-pocket move. 

(04-08-2021, 02:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As it stands, we don't need the cap space so there was little sense in cutting him beyond saving money strictly for profit.
Reply/Quote
Looks like a bunch of straw man arguments and opinions below based on no facts. BTW, teams like Saints and Eagles would be thrilled to have an extra 4 million in cap space for 2021 laying around. They have or will be forced to make trades (like Wentz) or cuts to get under the cap.

BurnsBengal Wrote:
Where is this money going?  .  .   I don't give a crap about the Browns making more money.   If they extend Hubbard and Bates I'll be the first to admit I was wrong, but I don't think that's happening.

(04-07-2021, 11:09 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote:
8) Bates/Hubbard extensions will not kick in until 2022 (right?), Gio's contract expires after this year. So by my reckoning, waiving him does not add 1 penny to make extending guys more affordable.

(04-07-2021, 11:33 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:
People said the same thing after they cut Hart and Atkins. Have you heard of any contract extensions, yet?

(04-07-2021, 10:43 AM)BurnsBengal Wrote:
I feel right now its just kind has the feel of money-in-owner's-pocket move.

(04-08-2021, 01:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote:
As it stands, we don't need the cap space so there was little sense in cutting him beyond saving money strictly for profit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh really?

Okay, I stand corrected. Two people kinda suggested the Brown family might pocket unused cap space. And two examples of horrible reading comprehension on your part.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 12:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Looks like a bunch of straw man arguments and opinions below based on no facts. BTW, teams like Saints and Eagles would be thrilled to have an extra 4 million in cap space for 2021 laying around. They have or will be forced to make trades (like Wentz) or cuts to get under the cap.

BurnsBengal Wrote:
Where is this money going?  .  .   I don't give a crap about the Browns making more money.   If they extend Hubbard and Bates I'll be the first to admit I was wrong, but I don't think that's happening.

(04-07-2021, 11:09 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote:
8) Bates/Hubbard extensions will not kick in until 2022 (right?), Gio's contract expires after this year. So by my reckoning, waiving him does not add 1 penny to make extending guys more affordable.

(04-07-2021, 11:33 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:
People said the same thing after they cut Hart and Atkins. Have you heard of any contract extensions, yet?

(04-07-2021, 10:43 AM)BurnsBengal Wrote:
I feel right now its just kind has the feel of money-in-owner's-pocket move.

(04-08-2021, 01:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote:
As it stands, we don't need the cap space so there was little sense in cutting him beyond saving money strictly for profit.

Where did I claim the Brown family would pocket unused cap space?
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 12:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Where did I claim the Brown family would pocket unused cap space?

Who said you did? You said noone else make those comments in this thread about pocketing money or some version of that so not your exact quote possibly. Fred showed you quickly, you were wrong. Then you did a half acknowledgement versus simply saying ................I was wrong.

Now you want to double down??????

Go back and read what you wrote and get back to us. You accuse others of bad reading comprehension, how is your comprehension?

Have a wonderful Sunday, relax and enjoy life as it can be too short for some.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 12:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who said you did?

Fred did when he included my quote as an example of people claiming the Browns pocket unused cap space. Obviously.

Quote:You said noone else make those comments in this thread about pocketing money or some version of that so not your exact quote possibly. Fred showed you quickly, you were wrong. Then you did a half acknowledgement versus simply saying ................I was wrong.

(04-11-2021, 12:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Okay, I stand corrected. Two people kinda suggested the Brown family might pocket unused cap space. And two examples of horrible reading comprehension on your part.

WTF does “I stand corrected” mean to you?

Quote:Now you want to double down??????

Go back and read what you wrote and get back to us. You accuse others of bad reading comprehension, how is your comprehension?

Well, I know what “I stand corrected” means. And I’m 100% certain I didn’t write or imply the Browns pocket unused cap space. So it’s better than at least two people.

Quote:Have a wonderful Sunday, relax and enjoy life as it can be too short for some.

LOL
Reply/Quote
Gio lands with Bruce Arians and Tom Brady

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good for him. He’s obviously got a great shot a ring now, and he’s playing at home in Florida.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 04:53 PM)pally Wrote: Gio lands with Bruce Arians and Tom Brady

So Gio's Dad should be able to drive across the swamp from Miami to watch him play.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 05:01 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: So Gio's Dad should be able to drive across the swamp from Miami to watch him play.

the Chiefs were also in the mix...I have a feeling his Dad played more a role in him choosing Tampa than Tom Brady did

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So happy for Gio. He's obviously landed with a great team, and should have a great opportunity to contribute. Not to mention he's going back to his home state.

I also think that quote "one of the best receiving backs in the NFL" is accurate. I just wish someone here in Cincinnati (Marvin, NutZac, Zampese, Lazor, etc.) would have realized this in these last 5 years. Guy is a special talent, yet he only averaged 300 yards receiving over that span. Here's to hoping that he finds serious success somewhere that actually knows how to use their players.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 05:02 PM)pally Wrote: the Chiefs were also in the mix...I have a feeling his Dad played more a role in him choosing Tampa than Tom Brady did

And there’s no state income tax in Florida. Says a lot that the two teams that were just in the Super Bowl were both interested.

Reply/Quote
Good luck to GIO. When we cut him I assumed the Pats, but we still got the Brady connection.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 12:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Looks like a bunch of straw man arguments

Note: This is not directed at Luvnit2, nor is it a dig.

Am I the only who feels the use of "staw-man argument" on the internet has gone up like 10,000% over the last decade?

There's nothing wrong with the term but I feel like seeing it used is almost inescapable these days.  It's almost the message board version of something like "synergy" or "outside the box" in cooperate speak.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I swear I never saw this used so much until these last few years.  I guess that's ok, but good God does it seem like it's overused. (Are there really that many more straw-man arguments being made in 2021 than were in 2011, or did a bunch of people learn a new phrase?)

PS Semi-related: If I see one more person use "Sir, this is a Wendy's" and act like they're writing something hilarious I'm going to lose my shit.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 05:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Note: This is not directed at Luvnit2, nor is it a dig.

Am I the only who feels the use of "staw-man argument" on the internet has gone up like 10,000% over the last decade?

There's nothing wrong with the term but I feel like seeing it used is almost inescapable these days.  It's almost the message board version of something like "synergy" or "outside the box" in cooperate speak.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I swear I never saw this used so much until these last few years.  I guess that's ok, but good God does it seem like it's overused. (Are there really that many more straw-man arguments being made in 2021 than were in 2011, or did a bunch of people learn a new phrase?)

PS Semi-related: If I see one more person use "Sir, this is a Wendy's" and act like they're writing something hilarious I'm going to lose my shit.

You’re not the only one. You will also see excessive use of the term gaslighting. Red herring is another that people will throw out a lot.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 05:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Note: This is not directed at Luvnit2, nor is it a dig.

Am I the only who feels the use of "straw-man argument" on the internet has gone up like 10,000% over the last decade?

I am glad not  dig at me, as i was quoting someone who brought up straw man arguments. I mentioned it because it appeared the accuser and others were ones using them.

I don't use the term often, maybe 2 times over 3 years and then in replys.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 05:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So happy for Gio.  He's obviously landed with a great team, and should have a great opportunity to contribute.  Not to mention he's going back to his home state.

I also think that quote "one of the best receiving backs in the NFL" is accurate.  I just wish someone here in Cincinnati (Marvin, NutZac, Zampese, Lazor, etc.) would have realized this in these last 5 years.  Guy is a special talent, yet he only averaged 300 yards receiving over that span.  Here's to hoping that he finds serious success somewhere that actually knows how to use their players.

Good for Gio. He got out. Hope he wins a ring.

Mike sucks. Zach sucks. Lou sucks. 
Reply/Quote
Really happy for Gio that Brady himself reached out to him. Gio is a class act and can flat out play ball. TB is smart for signing him.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 04:53 PM)pally Wrote: Gio lands with Bruce Arians and Tom Brady

Another ring for the Bucks & Brady and an ex-bengal.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 05:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And there’s no state income tax in Florida. Says a lot that the two teams that were just in the Super Bowl were both interested.

This was exactly my thought. 

We all knew for years that Gio was basically an ideal Brady/Brees RB, but it's really telling that the two best teams in the NFL right now both wanted him. Really glad he landed somewhere good and I only wish him the best (so long as he's not playing the Bengals at the time).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote