Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernhard Raimann
Yesterday, i ran a few mocks on PFF, he's been falling to us at 31.
Do you roll with him?

I looked up Jonah's contract, it makes a big jump in 2023, but cutting/trading him is also an option as no dead money then.

What do you do?

Pick him, or pass?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I should love it because I'm Austrian. But I think Raimann comes with a certain risk, for while he's already turning 25 he's still fairly new at the position. A position that is already manned by Williams.

I'd prefer a younger guy or one that can contribute from day 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 09:57 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yesterday, i ran a few mocks on PFF, he's been falling to us at 31.
Do you roll with him?

I looked up Jonah's contract, it makes a big jump in 2023, but cutting/trading him is also an option as no dead money then.

What do you do?

Pick him, or pass?

Older than much of the competition, relatively new to football compared to most coming out of college, and has sub-33" arm length, which only one starting OT has in the NFL right now (Braden Smith).

I'm not taking someone at 31 to play OT hoping they are the exception to the rule on arm length.
If Raimann is selected, I'd 100% put him at OG.
But personally, I'd take someone else at 31 and maybe consider Raimann on Day 2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 10:15 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Older than much of the competition, relatively new to football compared to most coming out of college, and has sub-33" arm length, which only one starting OT has in the NFL right now (Braden Smith).

I'm not taking someone at 31 to play OT hoping they are the exception to the rule on arm length.
If Raimann is selected, I'd 100% put him at OG.

Agree but I'm not so sure you take anybody in the first round that has any kinda risk to them ? Are there guarantees with anyone ? NO But I'd like to get a player in 1st with experience, good injury history, high character and so on.
Reply/Quote
He’s been sliding because of age and inexperience.
Reply/Quote
Ok, Didn't know about his age being slightly higher, i saw the inexperience, but figured a year of developing would help.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather we wait until 4/5 for projects. Jonah is still on a rookie contract and the reason his contract jumps so much is due to the 5th year. I'd wait until next year at the earliest before trying to replace him.

Plus with Callahan stating we are going to use D Smith exclusively at OT makes me want to see what he could do on that side first after how he started last year.

Edit: and the only projects I'd like to look at are like Rasheed Walker that late to try and develop him since he has the traits just needs technic work
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 10:09 AM)hollodero Wrote: I should love it because I'm Austrian. But I think Raimann comes with a certain risk, for while he's already turning 25 he's still fairly new at the position. A position that is already manned by Williams.

I'd prefer a younger guy or one that can contribute from day 1.

sounds like Margus Hunt part II ...but on OL
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 10:56 AM)kalibengal Wrote: sounds like Margus Hunt part II ...but on OL

He's probably further along in his development than Hunt was coming out of college, but he was a converted TE who switched to OL just in 2020.
Also of note - Bengals new OL assistant coach Derek Frazier was OL coach at CMU back in 2018, which was Raimann's first year there.
Raimann was a TE though that year, not OL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I like Kenyon Green much more who I just took in my 2nd mock. Raimann is raw as others said and isn't really young
like you would want in a project behind Collins or Carman. If we go OT I would like a pure OT more than I guy like
Raimann who might move to Guard. Take a pure Guard like Green, Zion, Tyler Smith etc.
Reply/Quote
Are we trying to fill a hole at guard or at tackle? I am more concerned about tackle. Raimann graded better in run and pass blocking than Zion, albeit at a smaller school. We all fall in love with pancakes during the draft process, but once Joe Mixon is 3 yards past your man I don't much care how you finish. I'm more worried about tackle, but I'm most worried about how players develop once they're in the building. Both players are smart guys who take coaching well.
Reply/Quote
I don't like using #31 on him. I want a starter with that pick. He'd have to switch to guard to compete for a starting spot. That did not go well for Carman.

I'd pick a defender unless a plug a play IOL starter is there: Linderbaum, Zion Johnson, or Kenyon Green. I'd run to the podium to nab Linderbaum or Zion. And I'd probably take Green, though it might depend on what defenders are out there with him.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 04:10 PM)puddycat Wrote: Are we trying to fill a hole at guard or at tackle?  I am more concerned about tackle.  Raimann graded better in run and pass blocking than Zion, albeit at a smaller school.  We all fall in love with pancakes during the draft process, but once Joe Mixon is 3 yards past your man I don't much care how you finish. I'm more worried about tackle, but I'm most worried about how players develop once they're in the building.  Both players are smart guys who take coaching well.

Don't care what D'Ante Smith is listed, he is an OT and I think perfect to learn behind La'el Collins.

Adeniji same thing even if I think he is a lost cause, he is an OT, not a Guard.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 06:37 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I don't like using #31 on him. I want a starter with that pick. He'd have to switch to guard to compete for a starting spot. That did not go well for Carman.

I'd pick a defender unless a plug a play IOL starter is there: Linderbaum, Zion Johnson, or Kenyon Green. I'd run to the podium to nab Linderbaum or Zion. And I'd probably take Green, though it might depend on what defenders are out there with him.

Probably the only position worth picking is IOL by your thoughts then. Every other position has a starter ahead of them
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 07:27 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Probably the only position worth picking is IOL by your thoughts then. Every other position has a starter ahead of them

True, unless we pick Linderbaum and move Karras to left Guard if Carman has back issues.

From everything I have heard though Carman is the LG and is healthy and if we Draft a Guard it is to compete with him for the 
starting spot. I don't think Raimann wins over Carman if Carman is healthy. Would rather take a Guard who has a chance like Zion
or Kenyon Green, maybe Tyler Smith but he is from a small school in Tulsa so unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 09:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, unless we pick Linderbaum and move Karras to left Guard if Carman has back issues.

From everything I have heard though Carman is the LG and is healthy and if we Draft a Guard it is to compete with him for the 
starting spot. I don't think Raimann wins over Carman if Carman is healthy. Would rather take a Guard who has a chance like Zion
or Kenyon Green, maybe Tyler Smith but he is from a small school in Tulsa so unlikely.

Don’t count those ACC players out, that conference is pretty tough and Tulsa has a good program. Smith has a chance to be a good player.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 09:58 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Don’t count those ACC players out, that conference is pretty tough and Tulsa has a good program. Smith has a chance to be a good player.

I definitely like Tyler Smith a lot, true. The ACC is not a pushover conference.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 09:58 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Don’t count those ACC players out, that conference is pretty tough and Tulsa has a good program. Smith has a chance to be a good player.

(04-22-2022, 05:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I definitely like Tyler Smith a lot, true. The ACC is not a pushover conference.

Let's make a correction - It's the AAC, not the ACC.
Tulsa is in the American Athletic Conference, not the Atlantic Coastal Conference.

G5 vs P5.
AAC is arguably the best in the G5 group though.
The other conferences in G5 are MWC, CUSA, MAC, and Sun Belt.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 05:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Let's make a correction - It's the AAC, not the ACC.
Tulsa is in the American Athletic Conference, not the Atlantic Coastal Conference.

G5 vs P5.
AAC is arguably the best in the G5 group though.
The other conferences in G5 are MWC, CUSA, MAC, and Sun Belt.

Thanks for clearing that up Ocho, I get confused at times. Thanks for helping me out lol
Reply/Quote
He may prove me wrong but think its too early at 31 to take a chance on Raimann.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote