Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bernie Sanders .... Tax rate 90%
(06-04-2015, 10:13 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Fair enough

I admit I don't know much about him, and I have a tendency to dismiss anything by FOX out of hand.

I would say that the tendency to dismiss anything out of MSNBC or FNC is a smart one.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-04-2015, 07:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Richmond, I couldn't find the first book he lists, but the second one is by Andrew Napolitano, a former judge and now senior judicial analyst for FNC.

Wilson's War: How Woodrow Wilson's Great Blunder Led to Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, and World War II https://www.amazon.com/dp/1400082366/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_euqCvb1EPBKDB

That's the other 
(06-04-2015, 09:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Napolitano isn't your average FNC conservative. He was a Ron Paul guy, so he's quasi libertarian. If I remember correctly, he tends to be level headed with regards to the law.

He pretty much aggravates any other fox guest when he is on.... He is consistent.   

He is pro life on abortion because he feels the baby is a person.  
(06-04-2015, 10:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I would say that the tendency to dismiss anything out of MSNBC or FNC is a smart one.

Yes I should've mentioned that the same holds true for MSNBC as well.

Funny thing, back in the day, I used to listen to both to try and get both sides of a story.  I quickly realized that both were too partisan in their reporting and wasn't really getting much news.  Just a lot of mud slinging and name calling and what have you.  I really don't even like to watch the 24hr news stations these days and prefer to get my news from the papers.  An actual news paper Shocked
(06-04-2015, 07:30 PM)UUBelsnickel Wrote: I'm not denying this, well, in the way that he was a huge expansionist of government.  I'm just saying that for this one thing the blame is misplaced.

As a person he was a good man. Most people are when they do things like Wilson did. They have good intentions.

When I say a terrible man I am speaking of his policies and beliefs on how the country should run.   The Teddy Roosevelt -Taft - Wilson years were a mess.   

Yes I think he had good intentions.... But he also thought the executive had ultimate power.   When in fact he was never supposed.   He was just a guy who thought he could force people to be better by making decisions for them.    He was anti freeDom.     
Well he did hate black people and barred them from the White House
(06-04-2015, 11:17 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Yes I should've mentioned that the same holds true for MSNBC as well.

Funny thing, back in the day, I used to listen to both to try and get both sides of a story.  I quickly realized that both were too partisan in their reporting and wasn't really getting much news.  Just a lot of mud slinging and name calling and what have you.  I really don't even like to watch the 24hr news stations these days and prefer to get my news from the papers.  An actual news paper Shocked

Add CNN too.   

And I agree they are all a mess.   They are pushing progressives or neocons.   
(06-04-2015, 11:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Wilson's War: How Woodrow Wilson's Great Blunder Led to Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, and World War II https://www.amazon.com/dp/1400082366/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_euqCvb1EPBKDB

That's the other 

Thank you for the link to the book.  I wouldn't mind looking at it, although it's obvious based on the reviews, that the author has a pretty clear agenda against Wilson. 

So since I currently don't have the book in front of me, maybe you could elaborate on Wilsons Great Blunder, and how the succeeding catastrophe's land squarely on his shoulders?  I mean that is an interesting game of connect the dots.
(06-04-2015, 11:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When I say a terrible man I am speaking of his policies and beliefs on how the country should run.   The Teddy Roosevelt -Taft - Wilson years were a mess.   

Yes I think he had good intentions.... But he also thought the executive had ultimate power.   When in fact he was never supposed.   He was just a guy who thought he could force people to be better by making decisions for them.    He was anti freeDom.     

I find this time in history fascinating.  These thee are compelling figures for sure, two were republican one democrat.  A lot of similar ideas but subtle differences (and even some big differences).

One things for sure, neither party today would recognize it's own during that time.
(06-04-2015, 07:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm not denying this, well, in the way that he was a huge expansionist of government.  I'm just saying that for this one thing the blame is misplaced.

As a person he was a good man. Most people are when they do things like Wilson did. They have good intentions.

We had a huge expansionist nation at the time.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(06-04-2015, 11:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well he did hate black people and barred them from the White House

That's the result of being the son of a preacher in the antebellum south and then moving up north where the racism can be even more engrained.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-05-2015, 12:18 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: We had a huge expansionist nation at the time.

We did, but he definitely did a lot of things to centralize the government. He was really just continuing a trend that had been going on for 5o years at that point, but he was pretty proficient at it. It always interests me that as our country grew, our tendency was to place more and more power in Washington instead of in the territories/states.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR