Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernie takes 41% in WI Dem Straw Poll
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/wisconsin-straw-poll-surprise-a-narrow-clinton-win-118727.html

Hillary obviously won (49%), but Bernie came close with Biden and O'Malley taking 3% each. Jim Webb got 2% while Lincoln Chafee got 1%.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-08-2015, 08:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/wisconsin-straw-poll-surprise-a-narrow-clinton-win-118727.html

Hillary obviously won (49%), but Bernie came close with Biden and O'Malley taking 3% each.  Jim Webb got 2% while Lincoln Chafee got 1%.

As dumb as staunch Clinton and Sanders supporters are, I'd hate to see a staunch Biden supporter. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
the democrat field is just sad.
(06-08-2015, 10:02 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: the democrat field is just sad.

Few people think they have a shot against Clinton, so they don't see the point in wasting their time.
(06-08-2015, 11:00 AM)Benton Wrote: Few people think they have a shot against Clinton, so they don't see the point in wasting their time.

Who else do they have? And what would make Hillary an insurmountable candidate? A nobody 1 term senator who rarely voted while in the senate beat her....
(06-08-2015, 12:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Who else do they have?  And what would make Hillary an insurmountable candidate?  A nobody 1 term senator who rarely voted while in the senate beat her....

I think Cuomo is looking at 2020 and Schweitzer will probably keep trying.

But you think Hillary is a mountable candidate?
(06-08-2015, 10:02 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: the democrat field is just sad.

The entire field is just sad. Left, right, and center.

(06-08-2015, 12:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Who else do they have?  And what would make Hillary an insurmountable candidate?  A nobody 1 term senator who rarely voted while in the senate beat her....

The reason Obama beat her is history. We have a history of expanding equality to the black men before white women. It happened with voting rights. So it's no surprise that a black man made it to the White House before a white woman.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-08-2015, 12:35 PM)Benton Wrote: But you think Hillary is a mountable candidate?

Maybe 20 years ago…. Pervert
(06-08-2015, 12:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The entire field is just sad. Left, right, and center.

The reason Obama beat her is history. We have a history of expanding equality to the black men before white women. It happened with voting rights. So it's no surprise that a black man made it to the White House before a white woman.

Yeah lots of progressives in both parties.

Black man that accomplished nothing vs white woman that accomplished nothing.

White guilt and fear of being called a racist is what got obama elected. And the media not challenging him.... If you think anything else played a factor your dreaming.
(06-08-2015, 12:35 PM)Benton Wrote: I think Cuomo is looking at 2020 and Schweitzer will probably keep trying.

But you think Hillary is a mountable candidate?

Yeah I think if warren would beat her easily. And what's hilarious is warren as also not accomplished anything...... Hillary has done nothing but drop in the polls since she announced .... And everytime she opens her mouth she drops farther.

Cuomo is an idiot. He has supposedly been in waiting forever..... What's he accomplished?

Fact is there are no dem governors worthy because they are either too old, or not successful enough. And they aren't successful due to democrat policies.
(06-08-2015, 02:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I think if warren would beat her easily.  And what's hilarious is warren as also not accomplished anything...... Hillary has done nothing but drop in the polls since she announced ....  And everytime she opens her mouth she drops farther.  

Cuomo is an idiot.  He has supposedly been in waiting forever.....  What's he accomplished?  

Fact is there are no dem governors worthy because they are either too old, or not successful enough.   And they aren't successful due to democrat policies.

Eh?

I'd agree with age, for the most part. But most of those not over 65 don't have bad states or have states that are pretty conservative policy-wise. Bullock, Nixon, Hassan, McCauliffe, Wolf. They just don't have the kind of national recognition a Clinton, Bush or someone from a populated state like Florida or Texas has. Other side of the ticket, but if Perry was governor of Idaho or Alabama, nobody would be talking about him.
(06-08-2015, 02:52 PM)Benton Wrote: Eh?

I'd agree with age, for the most part. But most of those not over 65 don't have bad states or have states that are pretty conservative policy-wise. Bullock, Nixon, Hassan, McCauliffe, Wolf. They just don't have the kind of national recognition a Clinton, Bush or someone from a populated state like Florida or Texas has. Other side of the ticket, but if Perry was governor of Idaho or Alabama, nobody would be talking about him.

And not just current governors, but former ones as well. Warner and Kaine could both do well on a run to the WH for the left, I think. But no one wants to go up against Hillary. It just seems like there was an agreement to let her do her thing after Obama beat her.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-08-2015, 03:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And not just current governors, but former ones as well. Warner and Kaine could both do well on a run to the WH for the left, I think. But no one wants to go up against Hillary. It just seems like there was an agreement to let her do her thing after Obama beat her.

Well, I don't think there was a formal agreement of "Support him and Obama will make you SoS and the full party will back you in 2016."  But I wouldn't be surprised if that was the whisper campaign.
(06-08-2015, 04:09 PM)Benton Wrote: Well, I don't think there was a formal agreement of "Support him and Obama will make you SoS and the full party will back you in 2016."  But I wouldn't be surprised if that was the whisper campaign.

No, I doubt it was formal. But I have no doubt that there were conversations had where that was the implication running underneath what was being said.

(06-08-2015, 04:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, I doubt it was formal. But I have no doubt that there were conversations had where that was the implication running underneath what was being said.

Bet it was bill Clinton telling them he would never do another fundraiser or convention speech. He reignited obama's second campaign.
(06-08-2015, 02:52 PM)Benton Wrote: Eh?

I don't think a president needs to be a gov. Because I don't think the jobs are the same. The gov is more hands on.... President should be extremely hands off... And let the state's and people run their own lives.

It's the Dems fault for not promoting anyone young. They get what they deserve.... And right now they have a bunch of old candidates. They are in the same boat the GOP was the last two cycles. Really the last 4. For the first time I can remember the GOP has good strong younger candidates.

Romney, McCain, Bush, Bush, Dole, Bush. .... How's that exciting anyone ? Maybe 1st bush did in 88... because people thought he was Gonna be like reagan. But they sorted that mistake.
(06-08-2015, 12:35 PM)Benton Wrote: But you think Hillary is a mountable candidate?

I don't think even Slick Willy think's she's mountable.
(06-08-2015, 06:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't think a president needs to be a gov.   Because I don't think the jobs are the same.   The gov is more hands on.... President should be extremely hands off... And let the state's and people run their own lives.  

Governor is the most similar job to POTUS there is. It's an elected head of an executive branch of government. The jobs are very, very similar, even if you were take into account the different roles of the state and federal governments, the jobs are very much akin to each other.

(06-08-2015, 07:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Governor is the most similar job to POTUS there is. It's an elected head of an executive branch of government. The jobs are very, very similar, even if you were take into account the different roles of the state and federal governments, the jobs are very much akin to each other.

[Image: facepalm.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-08-2015, 07:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Governor is the most similar job to POTUS there is. It's an elected head of an executive branch of government. The jobs are very, very similar, even if you were take into account the different roles of the state and federal governments, the jobs are very much akin to each other.

Yea if you believe we need a heavy handed federal government then it's fine. Problem is that governors think they need to run the fed gov like they ran a state.

President should be funneling decisions down to the governors. Not making them for them.