Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Besides Burrow....?
Name some players you would like to see in stripes?

I've been pimping ADG the LB out of App State since early December. If we miss or pass on Baun at 33, I would be pretty happy if we get Gaither in the 3rd or 4th.
Reply/Quote
All we really need is Burrow.

He will make our receivers better by hitting them in the hands every time.

He will improve our runnning game by forcing opposing defenses to play bot safeties deep.

O-line is not that important because he has a quick release and can escape from any pressure in the pocket.

He will fix our defense because they won't be on the field as much.  Even though Burrow will usually be able to score on just one play he will instead orchestrate long, time-consuming drives to keep our defense fresh.
Reply/Quote
I would double dip on WR - Laviska Shenault and Justin Jefferson.

OT Isaiah Wilson, Hakeen Ademiji

LB Patrick Queen, Julian Okwara
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm hopeful for a quality OL player to help protect Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 11:59 AM)Joelist Wrote: I would double dip on WR - Laviska Shenault and Justin Jefferson.

Having Jefferson here with Burrow would be awesome. They would most likely have to trade back into the 1st to get him but I would rather go OL or LB at 33. But yeah, Burrow and Jefferson could hit the ground running.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: All we really need is Burrow.

He will make our receivers better by hitting them in the hands every time.

He will improve our runnning game by forcing opposing defenses to play bot safeties deep.

O-line is not that important because he has a quick release and can escape from any pressure in the pocket.

He will fix our defense because they won't be on the field as much.  Even though Burrow will usually be able to score on just one play he will instead orchestrate long, time-consuming drives to keep our defense fresh.

I feel ya, Fred. Trust me! Ts, let's assume he's going to be our first pick.

I know you have some players that you like in the later rounds. Who ya got? Seriously.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 12:09 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I feel ya, Fred. Trust me! Ts, let's assume he's going to be our first pick.

I know you have some players that you like in the later rounds. Who ya got? Seriously.

We desperately need an "every down" LB, and a guard.  

We WR help also.  Maybe not as much as at those other 2 positions, but this is upposed to be a deep draft for WRs so I think we may take one early.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 12:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We desperately need an "every down" LB, and a guard.  

We WR help also.  Maybe not as much as at those other 2 positions, but this is upposed to be a deep draft for WRs so I think we may take one early.

Agreed
Reply/Quote
Great OP and follow-up!

:andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
I really like Logan Stenberg from Kentucky. If we can get him in the 4th, I'd take him without a thought. Kentucky was really forced to run the ball after losing their top 2 QB'S to injury.

They ran the ball out of necessity, Lynn Bowden their WR was named starting QB. Teams knew that and they still couldn't wear down the interior OL for the cats.

Stenberg is really a nasty, mauler type of blocker. Which seems to be a point of emphasis for Zac Taylor getting as Reader, Bell, Waynes are all known for not shying away from contact or being physical.

Logan Stenberg just flat out consistently seems to win his one on one battles when the team needed him to. Excellent run blocker, solid pass blocker but could definitely improve in that.

His body developed a lot while at Kentucky, but I still feel like can improve and lose some more "baby fat", not necessarily lose weight but improve his body composition.

Not to say he's in bad shape, as he was apart of an offensive line that just physically took over some 4th quarters against some top notch SEC defenses.

I feel like he's still got a lot of room before he reaches his ceiling though.

I don't know if I go for him at top of the 3rd, but if a trade nets us an extra 3rd I'd go get him.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 01:29 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I really like Logan Stenberg from Kentucky. If we can get him in the 4th, I'd take him without a thought. Kentucky was really forced to run the ball after losing their top 2 QB'S to injury.

They ran the ball out of necessity, Lynn Bowden their WR was named starting QB. Teams knew that and they still couldn't wear down the interior OL for the cats.

Stenberg is really a nasty, mauler type of blocker. Which seems to be a point of emphasis for Zac Taylor getting as Reader, Bell, Waynes are all known for not shying away from contact or being physical.

Logan Stenberg just flat out consistently seems to win his one on one battles when the team needed him to. Excellent run blocker, solid pass blocker but could definitely improve in that.

His body developed a lot while at Kentucky, but I still feel like can improve and lose some more "baby fat", not necessarily lose weight but improve his body composition.

Not to say he's in bad shape, as he was apart of an offensive line that just physically took over some 4th quarters against some top notch SEC defenses.

I feel like he's still got a lot of room before he reaches his ceiling though.

I don't know if I go for him at top of the 3rd, but if a trade nets us an extra 3rd I go get him.

No thanks on Stenberg. Doubt the Bengals have any interest either
Reply/Quote
We really need to protect Burrow. If nothing else happens in this draft I hope they find a day 1 starting guard or right tackle in this draft.

Redmond sucks, Xavier is hurt all the time, Price has yet to do anything and Jordan has been ok. Really need to upgrade there desperately.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 01:32 PM)Mobster Wrote: No thanks on Stenberg. Doubt the Bengals have any interest either

While your opinion is valued, criticism of another's post isn't the point of this thread.

How about you throw out some players you would like to get after round one? Who ya got?
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 11:59 AM)Joelist Wrote: I would double dip on WR - Laviska Shenault and Justin Jefferson.

I’ll 2nd Justin Jefferson if he falls to 33. Would love to have him and the fact that he has already played with Burrow would be even better. AJ Epenesa at 33 would also be killer if he falls even though we have bigger needs than both of those positions IMO.

I’ve been on the Malik Harrison train all offseason but as a buckeye I always tend to find one or two I’d like to try to steal.
I’ll also throw out Jordyn Brooks and Markus Bailey as possible mid round LB’s. Harrison Bryant at TE.

Later rounds I’d love another Buckeye in Jordan Fuller. I think he’s very underrated and was a single safety a lot last season. He can do it all back there so if he’s there in 5-7 he’s worth a look.
Reply/Quote
Stenberg is a complete one trick pony, like Isaiah Prince and even then, the one trick Stenberg DOES have (run blocking), is quickly negated by the fact that he is incredibly undisciplined and he's not THAT great of a run blocker.

For G, the usual suspects of Ruiz, Cushenberry and don't forget the team appears to really like Calvin Throckmorton.

Throckmorton is a 7th round OT, but a 4th round OG or so.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 01:56 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’ll 2nd Justin Jefferson if he falls to 33. Would love to have him and the fact that he has already played with Burrow would be even better. AJ Epenesa at 33 would also be killer if he falls even though we have bigger needs than both of those positions IMO.

I’ve been on the Malik Harrison train all offseason but as a buckeye I always tend to find one or two I’d like to try to steal.
I’ll also throw out Jordyn Brooks and Markus Bailey as possible mid round LB’s. Harrison Bryant at TE.

Later rounds I’d love another Buckeye in Jordan Fuller. I think he’s very underrated and was a single safety a lot last season. He can do it all back there so if he’s there in 5-7 he’s worth a look.

Maybe im a bit biased watching alot of USC games out here..but as far as WRS go....Michael Pittman has been impressive....he reminds me of a smaller Calvin Johnson. 
Reply/Quote
Denzel Mims Baylor WR
Akeem Gaither Davis LB

Desperately need a tempo setter at LB and play maker
On offense we need a guy other that step into
AJs spot in a couple years. Mims can be eased
Into that role with no pressure
Reply/Quote
Remember to take scheme into account - I specified who I did on OL because they clearly want to run a zone blocking scheme. The replacement of Miller with Filo practically screams it. Both linemen I noted scout out as being able to be good in this scheme.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 02:26 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Maybe im a bit biased watching alot of USC games out here..but as far as WRS go....Michael Pittman has been impressive....he reminds me of a smaller Calvin Johnson. 

I’d be very happy with him as well. He seems to be the forgotten of the top tier guys imo. May be able to trade down from 33 into the 40’s if he’s our guy which would be excellent value
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 01:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Stenberg is a complete one trick pony, like Isaiah Prince and even then, the one trick Stenberg DOES have (run blocking), is quickly negated by the fact that he is incredibly undisciplined and he's not THAT great of a run blocker.

For G, the usual suspects of Ruiz, Cushenberry and don't forget the team appears to really like Calvin Throckmorton.

Throckmorton is a 7th round OT, but a 4th round OG or so.

While 257 pass attempts is extremely low in an entire college football season and I wouldn't list him as a top pass blocking guard, but it's also true he's held up extremely well in pass protection when asked to do so allowing only one pressure and no sacks in the last two years.

I could not in any objective manner call that a one trick pony, the tape nor the stats bare that out. 

Again they passed the ball, little to none, I don't know if they averaged 7 pass attempts a game those last 6 games.

385 yards per a game on the ground, in the SEC during the last 6 games is also something I have to look at and say is an elite number.

The tape also says that at least 209 of his run blocks he was considered the lead blocker or the blocker at the point of attack.

Kentucky lead all college teams, I repeat, all college teams with 6.32 yards a carry other then Clemson. They almost averaged over 7 yards behind Logan.

Without an elite RB, WR, TE or any QB whatsoever because of injuries. In the SEC averaging almost 300 yards a game over the course of the year, it's almost unfathomable.

You may be right, he may suck. He may do dick in the NFL.

But that might literally have been, collectively speaking, the greatest offensive lineman performance over the course of a year that I've ever seen.

At least, they can say they impressed me.

Now he is undisciplined, he's had 24 penalties over the course of two year. I can clearly look at that and say he's been undisciplined.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote