Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow - Dan Patrick Interview (Full Video)
I'm all in on this guy. He gives all of us hope.
Reply/Quote
I just love his controlled confidence. He just exudes confidence without being a cocky ass.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would encourage everyone viewing this thread to watch the interview in entirety. Had to laugh at the Bolt 24 product placement though. Burrow is already getting paid. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 08:56 AM)Takedown Wrote: You beat me to it.... This is way too obvious.

Does anyone here actually believe that if Mike Brown could just snap his fingers and win his team a SB that he wouldn't do it? It would only profit him. His way of going about winning is pure crap in most opinions (including my own), but there is no proof that Cincinnati/MB doesn't want to win a SB... And I'm sure Burrow is smart enough to realize this. It was a trap question. DP gave Joe a question that could only be answered in a way that makes us fans worry. Chill people.

Spot on
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 06:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I just love his controlled confidence. He just exudes confidence without being a cocky ass.

Take notes Baker...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You make me sick. Mellow 

Go be a Pitt fan ffs. Whatever

[Image: 1Qz8T4Z.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600]

Reply/Quote
You always make be laugh, thanks Harley lol
Reply/Quote
Get him here now.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 10:28 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: People are getting way too worked up over that question, and guys like Dehner are reading way too much into it.

If he answers: "Going number 1 is more important." it sounds like he doesn't value winning a Superbowl enough. Almost as if he values himself and his contract over winning.

If he answers "Going to a run well, contending team is more important." then it creates the talking points of stuff like he may not want to be here, or doesn't think he can turn around a loser.

"Both" is not just the right answer, it's the only answer. At least the only answer that doesn't create more drama than need be.

Also, it's fair question. Albeit a bit of a softball and typical fluff you find in interviews. I can't believe people are acting like Dan Patrick served up some loaded bomb of a question. Dan Patrick is as good an interviewer you'll ever find. Nothing wrong about the interview at all.

When I read the quote from Joe yesterday, it sounded a tad ominous. That said, once I watched the interview myself, it just seemed like he was trying to answer the questions in the least controversial way possible. No matter what he says, people are going to read too deeply into it. People are looking for a story.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:42 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: He broke his hand his R-So year at tOSU, shouldn't have affected his first year at LSU. I think the main culprit of his LSU "struggles" in year 1 was the outdated offense and bad play calling.  

This is true, and he actually started to light it up when they opened up the playbook last year.  He finished last season very strong.  Apparently, that was when coaches were like:  "Let's give him all of it, he can handle it".  

When I watched some of the dynamic between Dalton and Taylor, and then seeing Dalton get benched, I have to wonder what Taylor is seeing that Dalton didn't...hopefully, Burrow will see and execute what he wants better than Dalton...That being said, I think Dalton was playing with one hand tied behind his back with a turnstile playing LT and no AJ Green...
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 11:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is true, and he actually started to light it up when they opened up the playbook last year.  He finished last season very strong.  Apparently, that was when coaches were like:  "Let's give him all of it, he can handle it".  

When I watched some of the dynamic between Dalton and Taylor, and then seeing Dalton get benched, I have to wonder what Taylor is seeing that Dalton didn't...hopefully, Burrow will see and execute what he wants better than Dalton...That being said, I think Dalton was playing with one hand tied behind his back with a turnstile playing LT and no AJ Green...

It is true what Schmitbuck said.

With Dalton it wasn't just the LT and no AJ Green. He was panicking even when plays WEREN'T breaking down.

The pass rush was in his head.

He finally had a Center playing well in front of him and he still panicked.

This has been my biggest problem with Dalton his entire career.

Brady and Burrow stand in the pocket fearlessly, make the pass completion, get hit and get up.

Dalton sees pressure even when it is not there, panics, runs out of the pocket and throws the ball away or gets sacked.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 03:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The pass rush was in his head.

So no need to address the o-line?  They are fine at pass protection?

Shocked

I don't think we were watching the same Bengals team last year.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 06:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So no need to address the o-line?  They are fine at pass protection?

Shocked

I don't think we were watching the same Bengals team last year.

They have to address the O-line and no they aren't fine in pass protection.

Where did you get this from what I said Fred? I said the pass rush was in Dalton's head...

Think that has a little to do with the O-line being bad against pass rushers....
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 07:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They have to address the O-line and no they aren't fine in pass protection.

Where did you get this from what I said Fred? I said the pass rush was in Dalton's head...

Think that has a little to do with the O-line being bad against pass rushers....

I don't understand.

If the pass rush was real then it was not just in Dalton's head.

I watched a lot of Bengal games last year and I did not see Dalton panicking when there was no pressure.  What I saw was poor pass protection that put Dalton under pressure.

BTW I have heard you claim that Dalton did not move to avoid the rush, but now you claim he was moving to avoid the rush even when it wa not there.  So which is it.  Did he stand in the pocket unable to move, or did he move out of the pocket too quickly?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 08:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand.

If the pass rush was real then it was not just in Dalton's head.

I watched a lot of Bengal games last year and I did not see Dalton panicking when there was no pressure.  What I saw was poor pass protection that put Dalton under pressure.

BTW I have heard you claim that Dalton did not move to avoid the rush, but now you claim he was moving to avoid the rush even when it wa not there.  So which is it.  Did he stand in the pocket unable to move, or did he move out of the pocket too quickly?

Guess we saw different games. It is not that Dalton was unable to move (I never said that either) it was that he doesn't have the 
talent to spin out of sacks or move like say a Russell Wilson or a Patrick Mahomes. Burrow does on the other hand.

I was a Dalton supporter for years and always defended him when he played well and people were hating on him. My only complaint
was when plays broke down or a pass rusher was in his face he wouldn't stand in the pocket and make the throw. He would panic,
run to the sideline and throw the ball out of bounds. 

Brady and Burrow stand in the pocket, make the pass, take the hit and get right back up. This is what I want to see in my QB.
Reply/Quote