Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Trade Mixon ?
(12-27-2020, 08:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: No one is taking that contract.

Indeed. And his dead cap in 2021 is $6 mill more than his cap hit.

If the Bengals want to move on from Mixon, it will have to be in 2022 at the earliest.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This thread is such a typical overreaction. One good game against a 4 win team, and people are ready to trade away one of our best players. SMH

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This thread is such a typical overreaction. One good game against a 4 win team, and people are ready to trade away one of our best players. SMH

I agree it's an overaction, but they ran well Monday night too. 

I like Mixon, but if someone were to be foolish enough to take on that contract, I'd jump all over it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No. Just use Mixon more the way we used Perine today. He’ll be even better.

Do you think Mixon will hit the hole fast like Perine did?  Maybe it's just me, but it seems like he's starting to dance around like Rudi used to.  
I thought Samaje played really physical and just went balls out.  I imagine he's playing extra hard for that next contract and I hope we keep him around for next year.  
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:11 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I agree it's an overaction, but they ran well Monday night too. 

I like Mixon, but if someone were to be foolish enough to take on that contract, I'd jump all over it.

Not really. Gio averaged 3.3 yards and Perine 3.5. They just benefited from the short fields the defense gave them.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:34 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Do you think Mixon will hit the hole fast like Perine did?  Maybe it's just me, but it seems like he's starting to dance around like Rudi used to.  
I thought Samaje played really physical and just went balls out.  I imagine he's playing extra hard for that next contract and I hope we keep him around for next year.  

I want to bring back Perine, too, but he’s not as good as Mixon. Neither is Gio. People do this all the time.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 05:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not really. Gio averaged 3.3 yards and Perine 3.5. They just benefited from the short fields the defense gave them.

True on the short fields, I should have said well enough. Finley had some decent runs.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 05:29 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: True on the short fields, I should have said well enough. Finley had some decent runs.

Yeah, “VanillaVick” was moving out there lol

Reply/Quote
well Id keep mixon gio still plays well but time is edging against him... Mixon still has some years and i dont think took many hits this year from the sideline.
Reply/Quote
I think Perine is the real deal.I was a little surprised though.I didn’t realize he possessed that sudden burst of speed and quickness he has.Combine that with his power,and he has all the makings of a great RB.I also like Williams,but was hoping they would use him more to get a better analysis.Yes,if I could find any takers for his lucrative contract,I would trade Mixon in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
I'm a bit "meh" on both sides of the coin here. Mixon's first "big money" season was an injury-riddled bummer and Perine looking good during the final leg of a losing season could be nothing more than a typical "backups look good for short-bursts, but not as long-term starters" fool's gold.

I'd say hang on to all 3, because we're likely to need 'em.
Reply/Quote
Perine has actually looked good every time he has gotten snaps. He needs to be kept in the event Mixon is not ready and should be the third RB behind Gio and Mixon.
Reply/Quote
Mixon just needs to be a bit more decisive at times and overcome negative yards. Perine impresses me with his aggressive manner off the ball and his short yard mentality, I keep him as that type of back to compliment Mixon.
Reply/Quote
I like Mixon but this is why I wouldn't have paid him.

I'd rather Perine running behind Thuney than Mixon running behind XSF.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 09:47 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I like Mixon but this is why I wouldn't have paid him.

I agree with this.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 09:47 AM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: I like Mixon but this is why I wouldn't have paid him.

I’d rather have Scherff than Thuney, but I get the sentiment.

Reply/Quote