Poll: Best Bengal #80
Cris Collinsworth
Carl Pickens
Peter Warrick
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Bengal to wear #80
CRIS COLLINSWORTH...3 time Pro Bowl ('81-'83). When he had over 1000 receiving yards as a rookie in '81 he was only the 2nd WR to accomplish that in the previous 16 years and the 6th ever. Four seasons with 1000+ receiving yards.

CARL PICKENS...2 time Pro Bowl ('95-'96). 1992 NFL Offensive Rookie of Year. Holds team record for single season receiving tds (league leading 17 in '96) and 2nd highest single season receptions (100 in '95). Three times top 10 in receptions ('95, '96, '98). Three times top 10 in receiving tds ('94, '95, '96). Four seasons with 1000 receiving yards. Has longest punt return in team history (95 yards '92)

PETER WARRICK...In 2000 had 4th longest PR in league (82 yds) and 6th longest run (77 yds). In '03 he had the 8th longest PR (68 yds) and 10th longest reception (77 yds) both in the 4th quarter of the same game to help the 4-5 Bengals upset the 9-0 Chiefs. Averaged 63 catches his first four seasons while also adding over 300 yds and 2 tds rushing and over 500 yards and 2 tds returning punts.
Reply/Quote
Might not be a popular choice with some, but I'm going with Carl Pickens. In a dark time to be a Bengals fan, Pickens, Blake, and Corey Dillon headlined an explosive offense, that even with a "solid" defense to support them, could have went far. Pickens and Darnay Scott were kind of like Chad and Housh, before there ever was Chad and TJ.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 01:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Might not be a popular choice with some, but I'm going with Carl Pickens.  In a dark time to be a Bengals fan, Pickens, Blake, and Corey Dillon headlined an explosive offense, that even with a "solid" defense to support them, could have went far.  Pickens and Darnay Scott were kind of like Chad and Housh, before there ever was Chad and TJ.

Pickens for sure. One of the most underrated talents in Bengals history, IMO. Attitude issues aside, he was an extremely gifted WR.
Reply/Quote
Warrick shouldn't even be considered. Pretty much a bust at #4 overall. We could have gotten his production in like late 2nd early 3rd round.

As far as the question, I'd also have to go Pickens He was a great red zone target.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Went with Slim, put CC's average is crazy. He has 113 less receptions than Slim; yet, he has more yards.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It must be "fantasy disco", because I'm taking Pickens as well.

Loved CC in the day. Pretty much, can't stomach him now.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 01:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Might not be a popular choice with some, but I'm going with Carl Pickens.  In a dark time to be a Bengals fan, Pickens, Blake, and Corey Dillon headlined an explosive offense, that even with a "solid" defense to support them, could have went far.  Pickens and Darnay Scott were kind of like Chad and Housh, before there ever was Chad and TJ.

This is my pick too.  Those were some abysmal teams defensively, but the offense kept them at least competitive.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Wanted to vote for my Nole, but damn knee injury!

Went Collinsworth. That guy caught everything.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 04:32 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Wanted to vote for my Nole, but damn knee injury!

Went Collinsworth. That guy caught everything.

Me too, I was beyond stoked when we drafted him......what could have been.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 01:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: CRIS COLLINSWORTH...3 time Pro Bowl ('81-'83). When he had over 1000 receiving yards as a rookie in '81 he was only the 2nd WR to accomplish that in the previous 16 years and the 6th ever. Four seasons with 1000+ receiving yards.

CARL PICKENS...2 time Pro Bowl ('95-'96). 1992 NFL Offensive Rookie of Year. Holds team record for single season receiving tds (league leading 17 in '96) and 2nd highest single season receptions (100 in '95). Three times top 10 in receptions ('95, '96, '98). Three times top 10 in receiving tds ('94, '95, '96). Four seasons with 1000 receiving yards. Has longest punt return in team history (95 yards '92)

PETER WARRICK...In 2000 had 4th longest PR in league (82 yds) and 6th longest run (77 yds).  In '03 he had the 8th longest PR (68 yds) and 10th longest reception (77 yds) both in the 4th quarter of the same game to help the 4-5 Bengals upset the 9-0 Chiefs.  Averaged 63 catches his first four seasons while also adding over 300 yds and 2 tds rushing and over 500 yards and 2 tds returning punts.

Pickens wore #81.

https://www.google.com/search?q=carl+pickens+bengal+photo&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 04:52 PM)McC Wrote: Pickens wore #81.

https://www.google.com/search?q=carl+pickens+bengal+photo&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

Not from 1992-1994, he switched to 81 in '95.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PickCa00.htm
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 01:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Pickens for sure. One of the most underrated talents in Bengals history, IMO. Attitude issues aside, he was an extremely gifted WR.

I voted for P Dub and Carl is friend of mine but Carl did most of his damage wearing #81
Reply/Quote
Collinsworth was my first favorite Bengal, so he gets my vote.
Reply/Quote
Carl Pickens was a unreal talent
wasnt the most media friendly guy but he could ball out
him and Blake had really good chemistry.
Pickens was a red zone machine
he had a great knack of tracking the ball over his shoulder and coming down with it
high jumper who was really good at high pointing the ball.
if memory serves correct he was a Steeler killer too
Reply/Quote
I almost forgot Pick wore 80 for his first 3 years. Obviously he did most of his damage wearing 81. He didn't do much his first 2 years. Yeah he won rookie of the year, but it was a very weak year for rookies.

It'd be CC for me, although I often wonder how good PDub could've been with a good QB...had he not gotten injured. He did have a very good year with Palmer in 2004, even though CP wasn't very good in his "rookie" year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 11:57 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Carl Pickens was a unreal talent
wasnt the most media friendly guy but he could ball out
him and Blake had really good chemistry.
Pickens was a red zone machine
he had a great knack of tracking the ball over his shoulder and coming down with it
high jumper who was really good at high pointing the ball. if memory serves correct he was a Steeler killer too

He and Blake both were. IIRC, Blake went 4-5 against the Steelers. Considering how awful we were and how great the Steelers were, it was quite an accomplishment. All 4 wins were massive upsets. He threw for 367 yards in one. Had a perfect 158.3 rating + 4 TDs in another. Lost one game where he and Pick led us to a 31-13 halftime lead. Wound up losing 49-31. Our defense was so awful back then.

Blake mania was the best part of the 90's. Heck, that's why I picked "Shake n Blake" as my name. Sadly, some still think it's Shake n Bake. I guess they weren't fans through the 90's. Can't say I blame them.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Carl Pickens. This one isn’t really close.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 11:57 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Carl Pickens was a unreal talent

His sophomore year in college they moved him to safety in the middle of the season due to a rash of injuries to DBs.  He ended up leading the team in interceptions and winning Defensive MVP in their Bowl game.  And that was a Tennessee team that finished top 5 in the country
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 02:17 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: It must be "fantasy disco", because I'm taking Pickens as well.

Loved CC in the day. Pretty much, can't stomach him now.

He's annoying to me too.  Probably my least favorite on TV
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 04:52 PM)McC Wrote: Pickens wore #81.

LOL.  Problem solved!!

Both awesome receivers, but having Collinsworth along with Curtis changed the face of the franchise.  It was one of the key pieces of our first Superbowl team.

Lap has said it before, that was the best team the Bengals ever fielded.   If we don't throw a bunch of interceptions in the first half we win the game.  We had the better talent.

Got to hand it to the 49ers though.   They were the more mentally tough team.
Reply/Quote