Wilson vs Williams NLB
Ross vs Higgens 3rd WR
Sample vs CJ TE
Johnson vs Hart RT
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Camp Battles
(05-22-2020, 10:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Scrolled to see if anyone said it before replying, but this is it.  There wasn't an "other" option, but the battle for RG is not only the biggest camp battle, but one of the most important.  

You made it more of "OG" instead of "RG", so I will drill it down a bit more:  I think Michael Jordan is our starting LG.  They really like him and he came back from injury to play very well down the stretch, and it wasn't like he had an all-pro playing on his left side.  Although I agree with the sentiment about being handed a job, I feel this is different as he has earned it.  

The RG spot is wide open:  I could see any one of XSF, Johnson, Akeem Adeniji (who I think I will now call AA), or Price.  That's a load of options and competition improves the breed.  If I had to bet, I think it will be XSF as he is on a somewhat of a prove-it deal and has a chance to start.  His strengths are kind of the opposite of what we had there and maybe is simply a better scheme fit.  I think AA will be given every chance to earn the RG spot, however, much like Jordan won LG a year ago.  Price would be first off the bench at Center/G and Johnson first off the bench at OT.  

As time goes on, I think Larry Warford's price will drop.  If he can sign a one-year prove it for around $5 million (instead of the $7 million he made last year), then that makes XSF expendable...although I have no idea his cap ramifications.  Perhaps it is someone else that gets cut to make space but if you knock off the $3 million of XSF, it make $5 million seem less impossible, given the desire to still extend Mixon and Green.  

Good post.

If we sign Warford, Redmond is the guy who gets cut. He has zero dead cap. Price is the only guy besides Hopkins with C experience, and costs us more to cut than keep. Adeniji, no way he gets cut, or we risk him on the practice squad, but I think he is a year away from contributing.
Reply/Quote
I voted the Ross and Higgins battle. If Ross cannot stay healthy or not catch the ball or run reliable routes he could very
easily lose his spot to Higgy. Ross's option wasn't picked up either so it is a prove it or lose it year for him.

Alexander is the starting Slot. Phillips backs up all the spots and will be our Punt Returner. Could see Phillips challenging
Waynes at times or even WJ3 in passing situations with his ballhawk skills.

Thinking Bynes, Pratt and Wilson will be our starting LB's when playing a 4-3 with ADG as a NB along with Bell and Shawn.

The O-line as a whole will be the battle for me. The Guard spot was bad last year on both sides of Center. Between MJ,
XSF, Adeniji, Price I am just hoping the best men win and play well. I don't know enough about Fred Johnson but if he or
Adeniji can beat out Hart, so be it.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2020, 10:19 PM)J24 Wrote: Nickelback
Alexander vs Phillips- Alexander is a prized free agent who is one of the more physical CBs In the game. On the other hand Phillips proved himself last season with 4 INTs in limited time.
Edge- Alexander

Nickel LB
Wilson vs Williams- Wilson is the prize defensive pickup of the draft and had 10 INTs in his college career. Williams on the other hand has proven to be a solid player at SS and has played LB in passing situations.
Edge- Wilson

3rd WR
Ross vs Higgens- Ross is the speedy enigma of the Bengal universe. You either love him or hate him. His speed is game changing and he has shown that he can play on this level with 2 100 yard performances last year. Higgens is the next big thing though so it's only a matter of time before he plays.
Edge- Ross

Starting TE
Sample VS. CJ U- CJ is highly athletic but Sample is highly physical and was known for blocking in college.
Edge Sample

RT
F. Johnson vs Bobby Hart- Johnson is the Hyped newcomer vs Hart who is the veteran incumbent.
Edge Hart

On defense I believe playing time will come down to the game plan and situations within games. The team has assembled quite a bit of versatility on the D. It can go anywhere from 3 down linemen to 5, with 1 to 4 LBers and as many as 7 DBs on the field on any given play. A lot of guys will see playing time.

On offense I believe it's much different. Pretty much we'll see 4 WRs get the most work. And we pretty much know who those will be given everyone is healthy. Those four will be AJ, Boyd, Ross and Higgins. What will stir that up is if there's an injury.

At TE I believe a reliable receiver for Burrow will be the most important aspect. We'll have to see who gets the most playing time. Sample may get more plays on first down and short yardage, but I believe it will be CJ who will be in on key downs. This may just come down to how much the TE is used in the passing game. Taylor doesn't seem to be very adept at using the TE.

RG is wide open. Who the hell knows what will happen there.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote