Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Case Scenario
I did my first mock simulation in a week or so, I used fanspeak and some CBS guy's draft rankings. The results beat anything I could have dreamed up for a best case scenario so I am just going to roll with what this simulation made possible.

1. Andrew Booth Jr CB Clemson 6' 194lbs - True junior who hasn't had any combine or pro day workouts because he needed core muscle surgery. And that might be just the thing that lets him fall to us. Letting this guy grow up as a pro covering Chase and Higgins every week in practice and going against Burrow, with his style of play and physical gifts. Shew wee he should be good. NFL.com score 6.4

2. Jamaree Salyer OL Georgia 6'3" 321lbs - Versatile experienced SEC OL who was the best OL for the national champs his senior year. The way I see it, bolstering our OL depth with the best offensive linemen from the best team in college football isn't a bad thing. NFL.com score 6.19

3. Bryan Cook S UC 6'1" 206lbs - Homegrown enforcer style safety. I really hope we manage to keep him in Cincinnati. Vonn Bell should be an amazing mentor. NFL.com score 6.37

4. Alex Pierce WR UC 6'3" 211lbs - Reminds me of old Bengal Kevin Walter who had a 10 year NFL career. Just a great athlete with good size who will help on special teams and be a great addition to our WR depth. NFL.com score 6.16

5. Channing Tindall LB Georgia 6'2" 230lbs - Athletic LB prospect who I wouldn't be mad at taking in the 2nd round. This is the type of LB you want when you play Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson 4 times a year. NFL.com score 6.24

6. Ed Ingram G LSU 6'3" 307lbs - Another big boy from the SEC and that Burrow LSU national championship team to bolster a suddenly deep as hell Bengals OL. NFL.com score 6.10.

7. James Cook RB Georgia 5'11" 199lbs - Dalvin's little brother has a slender build which will probably cause him to fall. He doesn't have a lot of wear and tear. Topped out at 113 carries last year. I would gladly gamble a 7th on him. NFL.com score 6.15

7. Darrian Beavers LB UC 6'4" 237lbs - Another homegrown talent. High school safety to college DE at Uconn who transferred back to UC and settled in at LB. A team may fall in love with him and take him early. Or he may see a big slide. All of a sudden our LB depth can turn into a strength too. NFL.com score 5.65

So many of my personal favorites in there. I missed on a TE and didn't get any DL. Maybe Ogunjobi comes back and I can live with Hurst, Sample, and Wilcox at TE if we can improve the roster elsewhere like this draft does.

Roster rough draft
QB: Burrow, Allen
RB: Mixon, Evans, Cook, Trayveon
WR: Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Pierce, Morgan, Taylor
TE: Hurst, Sample, Wilcox
OL: Jonah, Carman, Karras, Kappa, Collins, Salyer, Ingram, D'ante, Prince, Hill, Adeniji

DE: Hendrickson, Hubbard, Sample, Ossai, Kareem, Hubert
DT: Reader, Hill, Tupou, Shelvin
LB: Pratt, Wilson, ADG, Tindall, Bailey, Beavers, Bachie
CB: Awuzie, Apple, Hilton, Booth, Flowers, Davis
S: Bates, Bell, Cook, Wilson

ST: Evan, Drue, Clark
Reply/Quote
And my first attempt with a best player available approach on first-pick.com mock was just ridiculous. It's hard to make something up and beat these.

Your score is: 52525 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31: Nakobe Dean, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 31: Logan Hall, DE/OLB, Houston (A+)
Round 3 Pick 31: George Pickens, WR, Georgia (A+)
Round 4 Pick 31: Bryan Cook, FS/SS, Cincinnati (A+)
Round 5 Pick 31: Nick Cross, FS/SS, Maryland (A+)
Round 6 Pick 30: Jake Ferguson, TE, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Andrew Stueber, OT/OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 7 Pick 31: Matt Araiza, P, San Diego State (A+)
Reply/Quote