Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Case Scenario Pre Combine

That grade is insane. I would go bonkers for this.

1. Dawand Jones OT OSU - The RT solution. Our OL will be enormous, like it should be.
2. Jahmyr Gibbs RB Bama - I hope the trend of RBs falling stays the course and we land an unbelievable steal like this. CJ2K mixed with Kamara. 
3. Clark Phillips III CB Utah - Under sized but looks like he has special talent and fire. 
4. Ivan Pace Jr LB UC - Plug the hometown boy in and let him do what he does, wreak havoc. 
5. Josh Whyle TE UC - He seems to still be under the radar. I thought after checking in at 6'6" 260 this wouldn't be happening. He might develop into a starter in a year or two.
6.  Demarcco Hellams S Bama - Bama's leading tackler as a senior in 22. Played a lot of special teams in early years. We need competent safety depth. Felt like a good place to look.
7. Tre Tucker WR UC - Lightening. But again under sized. An upgrade and quick transition away from Trent Taylor for PR and could easily add some spice to our 4 and 5 wide stuff.
Reply/Quote
I think Jones will be a safe first round pick following the combine.

Or, he falls to the third like Orlando Brown Jr.

Either way, I'd love to have him as our RT.

I also really like Gibbs in the 2nd. I actually like all of these picks.

The one thing I don't like about this draft is you don't address the Dline at all. We have one of the most expensive DLines in the NFL but we do not really rush the passer that well. I think we really need a pass rusher at DT to really make this defense hum. I don't know where it would fit it, but that would be my one complaint about this mock draft.
Reply/Quote
Gibbs would be a nice draft pick at that value, but I'm see some pro mocks placing him as the second back taken late in round 1.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 12:29 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think Jones will be a safe first round pick following the combine.

Or, he falls to the third like Orlando Brown Jr.

Either way, I'd love to have him as our RT.

I also really like Gibbs in the 2nd. I actually like all of these picks.

The one thing I don't like about this draft is you don't address the Dline at all. We have one of the most expensive DLines in the NFL but we do not really rush the passer that well. I think we really need a pass rusher at DT to really make this defense hum. I don't know where it would fit it, but that would be my one complaint about this mock draft.

Yea I would love to have a DL in there. I haven't even had a chance to dig around on the DL prospects and already have a crush on Zacch Pickens.

But I look at the list of our guys hitting free agency and there isn't a single DL on there. We usually do a pretty good job in free agency of filling out the roster before going into the draft. But we usually don't have the type of expensive homegrown talent in bunches we are currently juggling. We are going to have to get more picks if we want to cover everything. I'm real happy with what we are bringing back at DL. Hopefully we land some splashy UDFA DL afterwards. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 02:37 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Gibbs would be a nice draft pick at that value, but I'm see some pro mocks placing him as the second back taken late in round 1.

I'd be happy if we took him in 1. Unless Dawand was still available then I'd be pissed.
Reply/Quote