Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best I’ve Felt About The Bengals in a Long Time
(10-17-2021, 11:04 PM)jason Wrote: Today the Bengals did what they should've done 2 Thursday's ago... Whoop an inferior team.  The slow start is still a concern, and if we do that in the first half next week, Baltimore will hang an L on us.

If the Raven defense is on, like it was today, they will blitz, sack, and possibly hurt Joe.

Every phase of the Bengals need to be on their A game from start to finish and that hasn't happened yet in 6 games.

But . . there's always a first time for everything!

When their playoff game ends with the clock at 00:00, with the Bengals at least 1 point ahead, and no yellow or red flags on the field, THEN I'll concede their arrival!!
Reply/Quote
It’s sad when we finally have the pieces yet the coach is the one thing holding this team back. I think we have easily (and I can’t believe I’m saying this) a top 5 team in all the NFL in the making. I have to admit, since I liked the kid coming out and would have been fine with a trade down, if this team would be explosive with Herbert. I know that’s fighting words around here and who’s to say he would even be doing as well here as he is with the Chargers. Don’t think we could have went wrong either way. Glad we got the player who actually wanted to be here though so time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 12:08 AM)TKUHL Wrote: It’s sad when we finally have the pieces yet the coach is the one thing holding this team back. I think we have easily (and I can’t believe I’m saying this) a top 5 team in all the NFL in the making. I have to admit, since I liked the kid coming out and would have been fine with a trade down, if this team would be explosive with Herbert. I know that’s fighting words around here and who’s to say he would even be doing as well here as he is with the Chargers. Don’t think we could have went wrong either way. Glad we got the player who actually wanted to be here though so time will tell.

I actually like Taylor as a head coach

But he should be like Harbaugh. Just a head coach.

Leave the play calling to the oc’s
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 12:08 AM)TKUHL Wrote: It’s sad when we finally have the pieces yet the coach is the one thing holding this team back. I think we have easily (and I can’t believe I’m saying this) a top 5 team in all the NFL in the making. I have to admit, since I liked the kid coming out and would have been fine with a trade down, if this team would be explosive with Herbert. I know that’s fighting words around here and who’s to say he would even be doing as well here as he is with the Chargers. Don’t think we could have went wrong either way. Glad we got the player who actually wanted to be here though so time will tell.

I concur and also want to say look how the Ravens defense shut Herbert down big time today!

When that defense is on, they are extremely hard to beat.

Let's hope that's not the case next week!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 08:15 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Definitely the best I have felt in a while. I thought the 2015 team was a legit threat to win it all until Dalton broke his thumb.

One year after that (2016? 2017?) we had a hot start and then collapsed.  Best I have felt since whatever year that was.  

Schedule gets tougher the 2nd half. But Cleveland are not world beaters. We have them twice, Pittsburgh, and the Broncos. Raiders & Chargers are good but we can compete. Chiefs & Ravens is tough sledding.

I'm actually not that concerned with KC. Their defense is doo doo.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
First, it's a lot more fun to watch the games now. I have one of those little Bengal football helmets that you put on your car antenna, so I'm gonna put it back on today. The Bengals also have a random game against the 49ers this year. Because of a bunch of different things (Baker Mayfield ALWAYS playing well against them, Steelers looking better, KC and LA just tough, tough, tough) they still might only be about 500 or so at the end. But that's WAY better than the last two yeas especially.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 10:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This was the first time in the Zac Taylor era I’ve seen the Bengals absolutely destroy a weaker opponent.  For once the team did not play down to the opposition.

Shit....this is the first time since 2015, let alone the Zac Taylor era!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 08:55 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Shit....this is the first time since 2015, let alone the Zac Taylor era!

Nah. We beat Cleveland 31-7 in 2017.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 07:06 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: The team did what they were supposed to do today. The defense did really well and the offense got it going. I'm a little concerned with our use of Boyd or lack of use. He's just a guy I think we should be targeting early and often and might help get us out on some of our stalled possessions.

I keep thinking we're going to see one of those Boyd games very soon, where he just tears it up.  Right now I'm sure teams are really focusing on Boyd and that's why Chase has done so well.  At some point they'll have to start sending additional coverage Chase's way.  Maybe next week in Baltimore Body goes off.  That'd be nice.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yea the horrid first halves are still a glaring issue that needs fixing

It's completely opposite of other Bengals teams that started strong, but rolled over to die late in games. In previous versions if they started like this team does they'd stay that way the entire game.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The offense still isn't there for me. Too many empty drives and inconsistency. The talent on the offense isn't producing what they should be producing.

That's the last piece for me. You figure out how to maximize the offense, then this team is a Super Bowl contender. Seriously.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 09:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah. We beat Cleveland 31-7 in 2017.

Forgot about the hapless Hue era...

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 04:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Forgot about the hapless Hue era...

May as well say since 2015. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 04:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Forgot about the hapless Hue era...

I remember when he left and people were upset the Bengals did keep him to replace Marvin.

Dodged that bullet.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 09:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not happy with the line by any stretch, but really?

We're 4-2 and we've been in every game. Assuming we stay healthy, I don't see us missing the playoffs. We looked like Green Bay's equal, and they were in the NFC title game last year.

The second half of our schedule is ugly.  I don't expect to get blown out every week, and I'm not writing off that we can't do it, but I don't expect it to be the case.  I'd be happy as hell to be wrong though!
Reply/Quote
People can talk about how the Bengals don't have a GM but they've killed it in the past couple drafts. Chase, Higgins, Wilson, Burrow, Davis-Gaither, Ossai (showed a lot of promise) Carman, Evans, and more. They brought in a lot of good players in free agency too. This rebuild is coming along nicely. If the offense starts clicking the sky is the limit.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:22 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The offense still isn't there for me. Too many empty drives and inconsistency. The talent on the offense isn't producing what they should be producing.

That's the last piece for me. You figure out how to maximize the offense, then this team is a Super Bowl contender. Seriously.

I agree.

If they could get the offense consistently producing through the whole game this team goes from "homer dreaming" into a real contender.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hard not to like these Bengals !

Although some will still find something to hate on.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 07:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The second half of our schedule is ugly.  I don't expect to get blown out every week, and I'm not writing off that we can't do it, but I don't expect it to be the case.  I'd be happy as hell to be wrong though!

Fair enough reasoning, but keep in mind that both the Steelers and Vikings are 3-2 against other teams, and we did hang with the Pack. So I think this team will be able to contend with better teams. Ravens game will be another measuring stick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 08:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair enough reasoning, but keep in mind that both the Steelers and Vikings are 3-2 against other teams, and we did hang with the Pack. So I think this team will be able to contend with better teams. Ravens game will be another measuring stick.

Cleveland might have gotten easier.  Just saw that Hunt will be out 4-6 games with a calf strain.  Chubb is already out with a calf strain.  Mayfield is going for a second opinion on his shoulder, i.e. didn't like what he heard from the first doctor.  If all 3 are out 3 weeks from now, we should enter the bye week no worse than 6-3.
Reply/Quote