Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best Offseason News Yet
New article on Bengals.com has possibly the best offseason news yet.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Geno-looking-like-Geno/01d7e0e1-118c-4771-89df-551c637c165a

Geno Atkins[Image: icon-article-link.gif] is looking like Geno Atkins again. Maybe even better. After practice Tuesday, Bengals defensive line coach Jay Hayes offered a whistle longer than LeBron’s minutes when asked just exactly how good Atkins has looked this spring.

“Scary,” Hayes said. “It’s scary how fast and explosive he is right now. I think he has the confidence that he has his legs under him. He feels like he did.”

Combine that with

“He’s really going after it. He wants it. He looks good,” said Guenther of the hope that Burfict’s micro fracture knee surgery heals well enough for him to start the opener.

Getting one of the best DTs in the league back to form and one of the best LBs in the league back on the field is going to be huge for our D.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 07:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: New article on Bengals.com has possibly the best offseason news yet.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Geno-looking-like-Geno/01d7e0e1-118c-4771-89df-551c637c165a

Geno Atkins[Image: icon-article-link.gif] is looking like Geno Atkins again. Maybe even better. After practice Tuesday, Bengals defensive line coach Jay Hayes offered a whistle longer than LeBron’s minutes when asked just exactly how good Atkins has looked this spring.

“Scary,” Hayes said. “It’s scary how fast and explosive he is right now. I think he has the confidence that he has his legs under him. He feels like he did.”

Combine that with

“He’s really going after it. He wants it. He looks good,” said Guenther of the hope that Burfict’s micro fracture knee surgery heals well enough for him to start the opener.

Getting one of the best DTs in the league back to form and one of the best LBs in the league back on the field is going to be huge for our D.

Getting Geno back to form and getting MJ back in the lineup, where he's always been great against the run, which also pushes Gilberry back into a rotation, is going to be huge for the D. It all starts up front and that's where the Bengals were lacking big time last year. Getting a healthy Burfict would be like extra icing on the cake.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If Geno is Geno for the whole season then print the shirts.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Now that's definitely something to be excited about!!!  Can't wait to see how he is in the games!!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 09:12 PM)J24 Wrote: If Geno is Geno for the whole season then print the shirts.

Nah, we'll just use the leftovers from last season.

[Image: figtn,220x294,orange,mens,ffffff.u3.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mxh3hukIGJ1rdzuduo1_500.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
That's great news for geno. As far as burfict , even if he says he's ready to go for the opener. I'd sit him a couple games just to be safe and to get him in game shape.. better to be safe than sorry.

A healthy geno and burfict with a promising young secondary could be a hell of a season guys
Reply/Quote
Best news I've heard in ages........ I think I'm crying Cry

Geno back to full strength, maybe even better, will do AMAZING THINGS for improving our pass rush and therefore our entire D!

I'm anxious to see what Hardison can do at nose with his speed and moves next to Geno being all-world.

I'm also pumped for how good this will make our young corners!

It's BEAUTIFUL!!
Reply/Quote
Good news about Geno! Having him back at top form all season would be huge!
Reply/Quote
That is great news and now two predictions

1. Guenther runs a top 5 defense this year and some people gotta eat da crow on him

2. Hobs quotes TJ in every article for the rest of summer
Reply/Quote
Geno, if back to form, is one of those rare players that truly makes the entire defense better. Not just a little better, a lot better ! Man it will be great to see.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 10:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Geno, if back to form, is one of those rare players that truly makes the entire defense better. Not just a little better, a lot better ! Man it will be great to see.

[Image: I4VU8Kx.gif]
Reply/Quote
That is awesome news! ThumbsUp
[Image: 52393749789596023645410.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 09:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Nah, we'll just use the leftovers from last season.

You really are an awful llama!
J24

Reply/Quote
Geno being at 100% makes this defense elite again. Not only does he fill up his stat sheet but he helps fills everyone else. Now if we can get Vontaz back at 100% and have Dennard fill Leons. old role this defense could be an all time defense. That might sound crazy but look at what happened in the 2012 season with our D.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 07:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Getting Geno back to form and getting MJ back in the lineup, where he's always been great against the run, which also pushes Gilberry back into a rotation, is going to be huge for the D. It all starts up front and that's where the Bengals were lacking big time last year. Getting a healthy Burfict would be like extra icing on the cake.

Anyone heard anything on burfict? Heard on fb he's looking to sitting at least half if not whole season..
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 09:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Nah, we'll just use the leftovers from last season.

Well played, well played. Hope team isn't in this mentality
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
A healthy Geno will improve the whole DL.

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 03:24 AM)J24 Wrote: You really are an awful llama!

Smirk Sorry man, I couldn't resist.

Se ky bengal
(06-10-2015, 09:09 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Well played, well played. Hope team isn't in this mentality

I doubt that they have a defeatist attitude like that.  Hopefully the sting remains though as a motivating factor.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 04:30 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: A healthy Geno will improve the whole DL.

At 1:00, when he bullrushes that lineman and gets to Ben, it gets me JACKED UP!

I can't express how much Geno being back to full strength has me optimistic about this season!
Reply/Quote
No doubt, awesome news about Geno's recovery to form.
This, by itself get's me excited for FOOTBALL!
Let's go!

Reply/Quote