Please keep this nontoxic.

Rules are simple:

Total Grade:
Best Pick:
Worst Pick:
Sleeper:

My View:
Total Grade: B-
Best Pick: J. Williams OT, Rated highest at position of need.
Worst Pick: Sample TE, simply because he was taken too high but I think he will be amazing because of skill set.
Sleeper: Wren DT, a man-child who will terrify QB.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Grade: B+
Best: Pratt. I have been calling for him since the beginning of the college season
Worst: Sample. Seemed to be a reach
Sleeper: Michael Jordan. Will push for starting spot
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Grade: B+
Best: Pratt. I have been calling for him since the beginning of the college season

I remember you pimping Pratt way back.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
B+

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:32 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: B+

Best Pick, Worst Pick, Sleeper?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
B
If you would have listed the players we got and showed them to me before the draft and said this is who we are getting then I would have been pretty happy with the list.

Best pick/worst pick - Williams/Sample for reasons stated in OPs post. I don’t think Sample was a bad pick just maybe not the best value for that pick.
Sleeper - not that late of a pick but I think Pratt is going to start and contribute a lot in his first year.
Reply/Quote
Total Grade: C+/B-

Best Pick: Jonah Williams - a no brainer to anchor a whole new O-line
Worst Pick: Drew Sample - someone left the door ajar and Mikey boy wandered in
Sleeper: Trayveon Williams - need another hammer in the ground attack

Could have been better, but good lord we've seen a helluva lot worse than this lot.
Reply/Quote
B.

Best pick = Jonah Williams, should be a fixture for the next decade at a position of weakness.
Worst pick = Deshaun Davis, don't see him making the team but it was admittedly just a 6th round pick.
Sleeper = Renell Wren, Bengals have a long track record of success at finding DTs in this part of the draft. Might not be Atkins, but can probably be a Billings level player and you'll take that in the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:42 PM)NKURyan Wrote: B.

Best pick = Jonah Williams, should be a fixture for the next decade at a position of weakness.
Worst pick = Deshaun Davis, don't see him making the team but it was admittedly just a 6th round pick.
Sleeper = Renell Wren, Bengals have a long track record of success at finding DTs in this part of the draft. Might not be Atkins, but can probably be a Billings level player and you'll take that in the 4th.

Davis may surprise some people, and be contributor on special teams.  I don't know much about him though.  He is like a two down thumper player.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I know Prisco from CBS does a similar rating as this, does anyone know when he makes his draft grades overall post?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
How do you think this draft compares to Marvin Lewis's past drafts overall?

I notice that this new coaching staff did not take players with troubled past and that they all seem to be football junkies. Seems to focus more on fundamental pieces and non skilled players.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Grade: B+

Agree with this. So many times the Bengal draft leaves me agree and confused. For the Bengals, the draft was not bad IMO. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:33 PM)Destro Wrote: Agree with this. So many times the Bengal draft leaves me agree and confused. For the Bengals, the draft was not bad IMO. 

Well, you must have missed round 2  Ninja.  There were a lot of angry and confused people around here.  maybe "dazed and confused" if you are a Zeppelin fan.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I give it a B+

Best Pick: Jonah Williams. Best offensive lineman in the draft.
Worst Pick: Drew Sample. Hate saying "worst" since he's not a terrible TE at all. I just really think they could have gotten him 2 rounds later.
Sleeper Pick: Renell Wren. Really like this pick and think he will help be a solid run-stuffer this team really needs.

Looking forward to 2 years from now where Drew Sample is a Pro-Bowler and the Bengals offensive line is a top-5 unit.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:35 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I give it a B+

Best Pick: Jonah Williams. Best offensive lineman in the draft.
Worst Pick: Drew Sample. Hate saying "worst" since he's not a terrible TE at all. I just really think they could have gotten him 2 rounds later.
Sleeper Pick: Renell Wren. Really like this pick and think he will help be a solid run-stuffer this team really needs.

Looking forward to 2 years from now where Drew Sample is a Pro-Bowler and the Bengals offensive line is a top-5 unit.

I hope Sample turns into Witten like performance and people who cried will eat it.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Best pick: Drew Sample. He's going to make a huge difference in this offense. He provides something we haven't had in a while. Great job by the scouts in identifying an under the radar guy.

Worst pick: maybe the LB from Auburn. Not sure what he brings.

Sleepers: Pratt And Wren to bolster the middle of the defense with some size and athleticism
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:42 PM)Mobster Wrote: Best pick: Drew Sample. He's going to make a huge difference in this offense. He provides something we haven't had in a while. Great job by the scouts in identifying an under the radar guy.

Worst pick: maybe the LB from Auburn. Not sure what he brings.

Sleepers: Pratt And Wren to bolster the middle of the defense with some size and athleticism

Last time Bengals had someone like Sample also was drafted in 2nd round almost at the exact same spot was:

Reggie Kelly.  He was awesome workhorse but not really noticed by fans.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:42 PM)NKURyan Wrote: B.

I second this entire scenario
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Grade: B
Best: Williams. Can't hate taking the best Olineman in the entire draft when it was our 2nd biggest need. Pratt comes in second place here.
Worst: Sample. I think this was undeniably the biggest reach and most controversial pick. It's hard to go with anything else.
Sleeper:Finley. I see more than a career back up from him. I'm not sure he can supplant Dalton, but he has the potential to.
Reply/Quote
B

Best pick - Williams. Much needed help on the offensive line which is really the direction I was hoping they would go in the first, but I would’ve been fine if either of the Devin’s were there and they went that route.

Worst - Sample. Not to say he is a bad player, but I just find it curious. I’m thinking Taylor wants to fit Dalton with a similar scheme Goff had; run the ball very, very well and attack off of play action. I do wonder if Sample could’ve been had in the third.

Sleeper - Anderson. Rodney Anderson was electric when he was on the field. Being on the field was his biggest issue, though. If he can stay healthy, he has the potential to form a lethal combo with Mixon.
Reply/Quote