Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Pick, Worse Pick, Sleeper Draft Grades
(04-28-2019, 08:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Holey Moley. Since you mentioned him, i went back and watched his game against USC...that guy doesn't look anything like Pratt. Looks slower, unsure, hesitant at the point of attack. I'll tell you who he reminded me of; last years out-of-shape Vontaze Burfict. 

Unless he's improved immensely, i wouldn't expect anything out of him. Guess i need to go check out some stuff on Jordan Evans. For some reason i really like that guy and i don't know why. 

The knock on Jefferson is lack of instincts.  He is an in-the-box type maybe use him in packages but he is quick.  Maybe he is slow in diagnosing plays.  But he has the physical tools.  He is an unknown.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 07:27 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Can you expand on Anderson's injury history Beaker.  I am hearing he only played half-dozen games in college.  Did he and Mixon play together?

Broke his leg his true freshman year. Then injured his neck his sophomore season. His junior year rushed for 1161 yds and 13 TDs. In the Rose Bowl vs Georgia, he rushed for 201 yds and 2 TDs. Then he tore his ACL his senior season.
Reply/Quote
Total Grade: A- ... I thoroughly enjoyed this draft and thought they did a helluva job, Jonah Williams to Jordan Brown.

Best Pick: Jonah Williams. I feel he was the most complete and pro-ready linemen in the draft. He also fills an immediate need and brings a great deal of versatility and leadership to a unit that desperately needs it.

Worst Pick: I see many say Sample, and I guess it would be easy to go there with the whole 'drafted too early' thing, but being that he's a perfect fit for Taylor's system and a guy that the staff had targeted thinking he would be gone if they waited another round, it was a pretty damn solid pick, at least IMO. So, I'm going with Davis. Nothing against him. Seems like a great kid and was a very solid college LB, but of all the draft picks, he seems to the one guy who may not be the 'best fit' in his particular unit.

Sleeper: Rodney Anderson. A lot of IF's with Anderson, but if he can get healthy and if he can avoid further injuries...and with crazy talent level, he could form an incredible 1-2 punch with Mixon in a couple of years.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 09:12 PM)Beaker Wrote: Broke his leg his true freshman year. Then injured his neck his sophomore season. His junior year rushed for 1161 yds and 13 TDs. In the Rose Bowl vs Georgia, he rushed for 201 yds and 2 TDs. Then he tore his ACL his senior season.

I read somewhere that Anderson was considered to be the best RB this draft when healthy
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote