Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Possible Finish!!
Alright all you couch coaches.

I'm predicting the best possible finish for this team will be the 9-7 I predicted early on, but I say they finish 8-8. They will NOT make the playoffs this year!

I will promise if I am right, I will not gloat and act a fool with I told you sos and such.

HOWEVER, If I'm wrong, I want excuse it or run away from it, but gladly eat the lumpy mashed potatoes at the Crow Buffet!
Reply/Quote
lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So noble of you to tell us that if you're wrong then you're wrong.  That must be just so difficult. I can't even imagine being wrong. It's never happened to me, but I'm sure that in the unlikely event that it ever happens I'll admit to it..

No! Wait!  I'll NEVER admit to it even if it's so blatantly obvious that a two year old can see it.. I'm NEVER wrong about anything ever ever ever ever! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
They did manage a must win W last night. In prime time nonetheless. I can't sell them short yet honestly.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:56 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Alright all you couch coaches.

I'm predicting the best possible finish for this team will be the 9-7 I predicted early on, but I say they finish 8-8. They will NOT make the playoffs this year!

I will promise if I am right, I will not gloat and act a fool with I told you sos and such.

HOWEVER, If I'm wrong, I want excuse it or run away from it, but gladly eat the lumpy mashed potatoes at the Crow Buffet!

I think that this is a really strong prediction. I went with 7-9 because I imagined injuries and a tough home/road schedule, but 9-7 is looking realistic as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 02:37 PM)grampahol Wrote: So noble of you to tell us that if you're wrong then you're wrong.  That must be just so difficult. I can't even imagine being wrong. It's never happened to me, but I'm sure that in the unlikely event that it ever happens I'll admit to it..

No! Wait!  I'll NEVER admit to it even if it's so blatantly obvious that a two year old can see it.. I'm NEVER wrong about anything ever ever ever ever! 

Oh contrar papaw. Sadly, I know one thing for certain you are wrong about. Something that serious I wish on no one and, I am certainly not in a position or mindset to gloat!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 02:47 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I think that this is a really strong prediction. I went with 7-9 because I imagined injuries and a tough home/road schedule, but 9-7 is looking realistic as well.

Not for a homer! If I wasn't a homer is go with your 7-9 prediction.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Maybe if you are wrong you want post here again.
Reply/Quote
9-7 sounds about right to me.

With the exception of the Patriots (i.e. Patriots), even consistent playoff contenders have down years from time to time. Just ask Pittsburgh and Green Bay.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

If you honestly think that the "best" the Bengals can do is 9-7 you're delusional. The Bengals are not juggernauts, they're a very beatable team. However, on paper we are better than, and will be favored in every single game from here on out with exception to a couple. 9-7 or 8-8 is possible, but it's our floor -- not our ceiling. Pretty much everything would have to go wrong, and we would have to have some pretty bad luck as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 03:34 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Maybe if you are wrong you want post here again.

Now that's not a very nice thing to say!  Shame on you JT. If it were a forum rule  that being wrong meant you couldn't post here that would only leave a handful here like the Trucker, Utts, Johnny not and a few others!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 04:57 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Now that's not a very nice thing to say!  Shame on you JT. If it were a forum rule  that being wrong meant you couldn't post here that would only leave a handful here like the Trucker, Utts, Johnny not and a few others!

Oh, don't take it so seriously.  I was just jabbing at ya.  I do agree with your opening post.  
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 02:37 PM)grampahol Wrote: So noble of you to tell us that if you're wrong then you're wrong.  That must be just so difficult. I can't even imagine being wrong. It's never happened to me, but I'm sure that in the unlikely event that it ever happens I'll admit to it..

You steal these lines from the debate Monday night?   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Ced gets better = o line gets better = better running game
Eifert gets back = better in redzone
Boyd continues to develop = another option

Shawn Williams gets better and def doesn't have mental lapses 

They also faced 3 great opponents to open and played a team that has been in every game so far up until last night.

if you, or anyone, can't understand why the bengals have been off so far I'm sorry.  The bengals offense is going to continue to get better and better.  Even if they finish 10-6 they will be clicking and will be a dangerous team. 

BOOK THAT!!!! If I'm wrong I won't post until after the draft. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 05:25 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Ced gets better = o line gets better = better running game
Eifert gets back = better in redzone
Boyd continues to develop = another option

Shawn Williams gets better and def doesn't have mental lapses 

They also faced 3 great opponents to open and played a team that has been in every game so far up until last night.

if you, or anyone, can't understand why the bengals have been off so far I'm sorry.  The bengals offense is going to continue to get better and better.  Even if they finish 10-6 they will be clicking and will be a dangerous team. 

BOOK THAT!!!! If I'm wrong I won't post until after the draft. 

No, if you're wrong just come back and man up!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 05:44 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: No, if you're wrong just come back and man up!  Wink

I will for sure.  I just see a lot of reasons why the bengals are struggling.  Maybe it's false hope but I feel like I can make an argument for everything going not to our expectations 
Reply/Quote

I see us maybe losing 3 more games at most this year... team seems to be starting to put it together  burfict back sparked the defense if we had 1 other big target on offense I think it would open up the other guys more... 

AJ isn't gonna be able to destroy every team...  But I hope he does.   other guys need to step up...   There is the lack of experience factoring in and you can see it with Uz and sometimes Boyd and Lafell(with us more than in league)   but each game they should click a little better and when eifert is back they wont be able to pay as much attention to lafell and boyd and uz...
Reply/Quote

Thought this was a thread about your local massage parlor. Was sure it was going to include the phrase, "counterclockwise swirl." So disappointed.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 06:29 PM)xxlt Wrote: Thought this was a thread about your local massage parlor. Was sure it was going to include the phrase, "counterclockwise swirl." So disappointed.

Grabbing at 'humor straws' aren't we xxlt?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 07:02 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Grabbing at 'humor straws' aren't we xxlt?

Everyone know that the best possible finish is with a happy ending..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote