Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best RB Primed for Breakout Season: Jeremy Hill per NFL.com
(05-12-2015, 02:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's pretty crazy to think that this time last year, all the talk was about Gio Bernard breaking out. Since Hill's emergence, it almost seems like Gio has become an afterthought. I'm really looking forward to seeing this offense take the next step in 2015.

I agree, can't wait to see both Hill & Gio used together next year - They both have shown incredible potential at different times, would love to see them clicking at the same time for a whole season - gotta dream right?  Rock On

Side Note: I just hope to not see Gio take anymore of those god-awful hits on screens (looking at you Colts game)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I get such Arian Foster vibes from Hill. If he can play near that level for an entire season we might have a perennial superstar on our hands.

Not bad fellas
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The crazy thing is Hill was breaking runs with 8 in the box. we had no outside threat other than AJ. teams will have to respect MJ and if eifert stays healthy I believe he is our 2nd leading receiver .

I'm pumped for this year.
Reply/Quote
He's entering the year as the starter, the D will be improved leading to better field position and more possessions (in theory), and the O-Line's depth is in a significantly better spot than it was a year ago. There's no reason not to think he could have a huge season. I'd prefer a good 60/40 split Hill/Gio and a fully functioning passing attack than have a singular dominant HB though. Keep both active, yet fresh, and tear it up in the air (health permitting).
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 10:12 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Jeremy Hill has been marked as one of the "Best RBs Primed for a Breakout Season" by Bucky Brooks on NFL.com

Do you think this is actually true?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000492165/Which-running-backs-are-going-to-break-out-in-2015

Yes! Very excited about this. Pitt thinks they have something with Bell. Wait till Hill runs all over them in his second year.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 05:56 PM)treee Wrote: We'll be unstoppable if we can actually have Hill and a decent passing game.

ThumbsUp

I'm so psyched!
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 06:58 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yes!  Very excited about this.  Pitt thinks they have something with Bell.  Wait till Hill runs all over them in his second year.

Bell *is* something, and probably are more complete back. That being said Hill is a beast, and should have no problem reaching 1500 if he stays healthy.

Hoping the coaches can figure out how to get the most out of Gio.
Reply/Quote
I am ready for this.
My bold prediction for the year:
Jeremy Hill will get very close to his goal from last year of 8 yards per carry.
He ended with 5.1 for 2014.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 02:43 PM)TommyBoy Wrote: With gio and hill being used the right way all season, this offense will thrive for sure.

They seem to have no idea how use Gio.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 02:10 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Haha, true...

Oh well, I want to see Gio being used in the receiving end more..

If they used Burkhead in the playoff game at receiver, why not try getting Gio in there this year? Burkhead made a few big plays, and that was with nobody in there, before they keyed in on him. If Gio played that role, with Jeremy in the backfield and our other weapons... IDK WHAT IS STOPPING THE COACHES HONESTLY.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 11:57 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If they used Burkhead in the playoff game at receiver, why not try getting Gio in there this year? Burkhead made a few big plays, and that was with nobody in there, before they keyed in on him. If Gio played that role, with Jeremy in the backfield and our other weapons... IDK WHAT IS STOPPING THE COACHES HONESTLY.
Agreed makes much more sense giving him the ball in open space rather than him getting a hand off up the middle. We were using him with alot of screens until dalton threw a couple that damn near got him decapitated
Reply/Quote
Hill can easily carry this team on his back with a decent Andy and a good defense :)
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 10:12 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Jeremy Hill has been marked as one of the "Best RBs Primed for a Breakout Season" by Bucky Brooks on NFL.com

Do you think this is actually true?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000492165/Which-running-backs-are-going-to-break-out-in-2015

Yes!

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 09:00 AM)jason Wrote: They seem to have no idea how use Gio.

No they don't. He doesn't fit the power running game of outdoor northern teams. He fits more of a NO Drew Brees dome style team, a place I believe Gio would excel at.

I'm still amazed that we didn't take Lacy with that pick. Lacy just seemed like such a good fit for the Bengals in the AFC North.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 11:43 AM)BigLew Wrote: Jeremy Hill is a Beast, cant wait to see him break off some nasty runs this year. Besides hopefully seeing an increased pass rush this season I'm most looking forward to seeing Hill terrorizing defenses!

I can't wait either. TBS, I'm going to hold my breath during both Shittsburgh games, I don't think they'll have short memories of RNelson taking out Bell's knee last year...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 03:23 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Agreed makes much more sense giving him the ball in open  space rather than him getting a hand off up the middle.  We were using him with alot of screens until dalton threw a couple that damn near got him decapitated

While I agree Dalton put him out to dry a few times, we also became predictable by week 5. The Colts blew up every screen in that disastrous first game last year. I literally thought they pulled a spygate on us for the week after.
Reply/Quote
They're going to be hard to defend as a team if Eifert or Jones can help scatter the defense away from the LOS. Hill is going to be taking advantage of that behind maybe the best OL situation we've seen in a LONG time. 2005's starting 5 was better, but they've got some motivated expiring contracts plue Fisher and possibly Ogbuehi late can step in if need be. Hill sees the urgency in winning now, he runs determined and Gio is hard to catch. I can see both of them improving their yards/carry and giving the team a dominant run game. Hill is in about the best spot a RB could ask for and has the overall talent to thrive.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 02:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's pretty crazy to think that this time last year, all the talk was about Gio Bernard breaking out. Since Hill's emergence, it almost seems like Gio has become an afterthought. I'm really looking forward to seeing this offense take the next step in 2015.

True. And rather than focus on any one player or scheme, I hope the Bengals will involve Gio and Rex in the running game as well as the passing game. Ditto all three TEs. I don't want to be so damn predictable and I don't want 90% of the offense to come from two players, only to see them get injured and not have any experience behind them.

I am very excited about Hill this season, but I don't want the Bengals to become too reliant on any one player.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 05:56 PM)treee Wrote: We'll be unstoppable if we can actually have Hill and a decent passing game.

Agreed. Balance. Use all 3 TEs. Use Gio and Rex as receivers. Use Marvin, James Wright, Sanu, Alford, and not just AJ. Balanced and using the entire team. That will be the recipe.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 11:57 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If they used Burkhead in the playoff game at receiver, why not try getting Gio in there this year? Burkhead made a few big plays, and that was with nobody in there, before they keyed in on him. If Gio played that role, with Jeremy in the backfield and our other weapons... IDK WHAT IS STOPPING THE COACHES HONESTLY.

Here is what opposing teams did to the Bengals in four playoff losses:

Go maximum protection to nullify any pass rush.

QB holds ball for 4-5 seconds.

QB dumps ball to RB or TE about 3 yards from the LOS, who then runs 10-15 yards downfield and moves the chains.

Rinse and repeat.

Why don't the Bengals do the same thing? Instead of forcing the ball to the receivers that can't get separation, check it down to a TE or RB and let him make some easy yards. The key is waiting. You can't do a two second checkdown, the defense has not been spread down the field yet. If if isn't there, hold the ball, maybe scramble, and check it down if no one is open downfield.

This is where I see Gio, Rex, and maybe Kroft being so valuable.
Reply/Quote