Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Thing I Heard This Weekend
I'm always a little tempered on the post draft euphoria as a decent percentage of these guys won't amount to much.

Best thing that I heard all weekend is that they asked Burrow to forward his 10 favorite plays from last season at LSU. He's already up to speed on the offense as he has been studying it for a little while. I'm THRILLED that they are serious about implementing the stuff that made him so successful last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:11 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm always a little tempered on the post draft euphoria as a decent percentage of these guys won't amount to much.

Best thing that I heard all weekend is that they asked Burrow to forward his 10 favorite plays from last season at LSU.  He's already up to speed on the offense as he has been studying it for a little while.  I'm THRILLED that they are serious about implementing the stuff that made him so successful last year.
It's the only way to go. ThumbsUp 

Joe Brady said Burrow had as much to do with LSU's offense as anybody else, that they designed it according to his wishes.  And that only makes sense.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:14 PM)McC Wrote: It's the only way to go. ThumbsUp 

Joe Brady said Burrow had as much to do with LSU's offense as anybody else, that they designed it according to his wishes.  And that only makes sense.

It is - but how many times have we seen a prospect get forced to change into the system as opposed to the other way around.  

I know we drafted him, but man I love Burrow.   I really think that he is what this team needs off the field and in the film room just as much as on the field.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:17 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It is - but how many times have we seen a prospect get forced to change into the system as opposed to the other way around.  

I know we drafted him, but man I love Burrow.   I really think that he is what this team needs off the field and in the film room just as much as on the field.
Could not agree more.

This is how Howie Long described him:

"He's a dog.  And I mean that in a good way.  Other guys just naturally flock to him."

What you want is the leader of your team to be the hardest worker. And I believe that's exactly what we have.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote