Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
Best WR corp almost cost us that game
Higgins drops a TD

Boyd stops running route - interception

Chase - drops bomb, doesnt run hot route - pick six, late fumble

Im actually ok with the bad second half play, not sure a blowout would be as good for us before the Bills game. Id like to see our WRs come out angry and more focused vs the Bills. Defense actually played great. Very happy with Sample and Irwin today.

Reply/Quote
Higgins dropped a TD? Are you sure you’re not thinking of Chase? Higgins may have also, but I can’t remember it. Chase’s drops stick out.

Chase had a rough game. Probably one he will want to forget.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought they still had plenty of highlights. I mean you could add in that Trent Irwin dropped a TD. Of course that was after he caught two others.

Reply/Quote
Higgins tried to one hand one over the shoulder, Chase was being held on the TD ball he couldn't get to.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:42 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I thought they still had plenty of highlights. I mean you could add in that Trent Irwin dropped a TD. Of course that was after he caught two others.

Irwins was not a drop, clearly a couple inches too far.  Irwin made some great plays today and blocked well.

All the WRs made some great plays, but they usually do not have this many negatives - cant be the #1 Corp in the league with those bad plays today.  I expect them to come out strong vs Buffalo.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:38 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Higgins drops a TD

Im actually ok with the bad second half play, not sure a blowout would be as good for us before the Bills game.  Id like to see our WRs come out angry and more focused vs the Bills. Defense actually played great.  Very happy with Sample and Irwin today.

If one is going to talk about who almost cost us the game, then we can add McPherson. Three extra points, though one removed by penalty, and missed FG. But if he is going to be excused because of the weather, or the side of the stadium kicking toward, then we can also be tolerant of the other errors in the game. Including Joe Burrow's two picks. Bengals got one of those wins where enough errors for the coaching staff to work with. Including defending the Hail Mary.
Reply/Quote
It was a Murphy's law 2nd half. Anything that can go wrong did. Glad they got it out of the way now. On to Buffalo
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:40 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Higgins dropped a TD? Are you sure you’re not thinking of Chase? Higgins may have also, but I can’t remember it. Chase’s drops stick out.

Chase had a rough game. Probably one he will want to forget.

Yeah it was an easy fade that he dropped in the endzone . Had the DB on his hip with a step and ball thrown perfectly to his high spot.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:48 PM)Housh Wrote: Yeah it was an easy fade that he dropped in the endzone . Had the DB on his hip with a step and ball thrown perfectly to his high spot.

Yep. Saw this too
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:44 PM)Nepa Wrote: If one is going to talk about who almost cost us the game, then we can add McPherson. Three extra points, though one removed by penalty, and missed FG. But if he is going to be excused because of the weather, or the side of the stadium kicking toward, then we can also be tolerant of the other errors in the game. Including Joe Burrow's two picks. Bengals got one of those wins where enough errors for the coaching staff to work with. Including defending the Hail Mary.

Blame Mac all you want - he cost us 4 points. 

Burrow was not responsible for either interception, Boyd and Chase were, pretty obvious.

Reply/Quote
Bit of a rough day for Ja’Marr but we all know he’ll be fine. Wasn’t impressed with Boyd’s short steps and I don’t think Joe was either.
Reply/Quote
They’ve won us like every other game so i can’t be mad at the drops. Even though it’s possible there’s 21 more points on the board, i just say on to the Bills and hopefully it’s not as cold so some of these balls aren’t basically football shaped bricks. If it was warmer i think Irwin and Tee catch their passes
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Yeah some rough plays. Higgins and Chases did drop TDs in my opinion. Not sure who the pick six was on. Could be Burrow, could be Chase. Extreme cold probably contributed to some errors.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
There is plenty of blame to go around. This is one they were very lucky to win.
Chase with a poor game, Evan sucked, D played a pretty soft second half until the end etc.

They should feel very fortunate to pull this one out.
They worked really hard to lose this one.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah some rough plays.  Higgins and Chases did drop TDs in my opinion. Not sure who the pick six was on.   Could be Burrow, could be Chase. Extreme cold probably contributed to some errors.

Seemed obvious Burrow saw the blitz pre-snap and called an audible, "Palmer"?.  It was a quick throw and Chase just kept on running.  I could be wrong... but Im thinking Joe knew what he was doing.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:50 PM)Housh Wrote: They’ve won us like every other game so i can’t be mad at the drops. Even though it’s possible there’s 21 more points on the board, i just say on to the Bills and hopefully it’s not as cold so some of these balls aren’t basically football shaped bricks. If it was warmer i think Irwin and Tee catch their passes

Im definitely not mad at the guys, just very uncharacteristic of them to have so many negative plays.  I doubt we see this many screwups by the trio again the rest of the year.

Reply/Quote
Burrow audibled on the pick 6. Looked like maybe a back shoulder but Chase didn’t have outside leverage. Chase fumble part of the game. Irwin’s pass was inches from him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
True, they collectively had their worst game that I can remember. With that said, I’d still take them over any other receiving core in the league. I think today was an anomaly more than anything
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:38 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Higgins drops a TD

Im actually ok with the bad second half play, not sure a blowout would be as good for us before the Bills game.  Id like to see our WRs come out angry and more focused vs the Bills. Defense actually played great.  Very happy with Sample and Irwin today.
A lot of blame to go around, but I hear ya! Thankfully, we weren't playing a better team today. 
Reply/Quote
This could have been Irwin's game had he caught that 3rd TD that bounced off his fingers.
Reply/Quote