30 29.70%
Total 101 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best WR in Bengals History
Who is it?
Reply/Quote
Right now, it's Chad, but in time, I think it will be AJ Green.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly I think it was Isaac Curtis, but I voted for Pickens just because no one else will.  

And I will not have any real argument to use against anyone who claims it is Chad.  

American politics at its finest.

Curtis just probably seems greater to me because I was a kid, and back then I saw them as super heroes.  I was speechless when I got to shake the hand of Howard Freakin' Fest at our Pee-Wee Football banquet.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 01:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right now, it's Chad, but in time, I think it will be AJ Green.

definitely 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 01:14 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: definitely 

If you like Chad and AJ so much why do you have Collinsworth in your sig?
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you like Chad and AJ so much why do you have Collinsworth in your sig?

ahhh...... i see what you did there....
Reply/Quote
Stats don't belong to AJ yet but I have no problem calling him the best in bengals history even at this point. By the time he retires I don't think it'll even be a discussion
Reply/Quote
Ocho Cinco ! The one man circus.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 01:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Honestly I think it was Isaac Curtis, but I voted for Pickens just because no one else will.  

And I will not have any real argument to use against anyone who claims it is Chad.  

American politics at its finest.

Curtis just probably seems greater to me because I was a kid, and back then I saw them as super heroes.  I was speechless when I got to shake the hand of Howard Freakin' Fest at our Pee-Wee Football banquet.

No....it's a tough call, Curtis was definitely underrated, and a great wideout in a much different league.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 03:31 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Ocho Cinco ! The one man circus.

Ocho cinco sucked.  Chad Johnson was the most dominate wr in Bengal history.

Green may put up bigger numbers, but will not be ranked as highly among his peers.

Chad finished in the top 6 in receiving yards 5 times and lead the league once.

Green has never finished higher than 5th.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ocho cinco sucked.  Chad Johnson was the most dominate wr in Bengal history.

Green may put up bigger numbers, but will not be ranked as highly among his peers.

Seeing how the team is "WR poor" right now, that stat could change this year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Chad played in a different era, a more "balanced" era. Sure teams were throwing more than ever before but it wasn't as crazy as it is now. Also, the defense could still play defense. I think the 2005 team beats the 2015 team easily with 2005 rules.

Reply/Quote
I hated the whole Ochocinco character that Chad created, but Chad Johnson was just amazing.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I loved watching Chad's sideline catches.
Reply/Quote
Right now, I'd say Chad. A very valid case could be made for Curtis or Green as well. Provided he stays with the team and does not suffer any major injury, Green will top the list for sure.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 01:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right now, it's Chad, but in time, I think it will be AJ Green.

Yep. 

(03-24-2016, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ocho cinco sucked.  Chad Johnson was the most dominate wr in Bengal history.

I agree with the overall point of this post (that Chad was more dominant compared to his peers), but Chad's numbers from the prime of his career are very similar to AJ's.

Chad ('02 through '07)- 89-1339-8
AJ's 3 full seasons ('12, '13 and '15)- 94-1358-10.7

Also, saying Ocho "sucked" is too strong. After that silly name change, Chad made a Pro Bowl in 2009 with 1047 yards and 9 TDs in 15 games. Not up to Chad's old standards, sure. But in a run-first offense that's far from sucking. 831 yards and 4 scores as a #2 in 2010 wasn't really sucky either.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think we haven't seen the best of Green yet and he should be coming into his prime. Unfortunately he has Dalton throwing to him and that will always hinder his career. If you put him on a team with Big Ben, Rodgers, or Brady than you would see some insane numbers. Overall I think Green is a superior route runner to Chad, but Chad had that extra level of speed.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 04:29 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Chad played in a different era, a more "balanced" era. Sure teams were throwing more than ever before but it wasn't as crazy as it is now. Also, the defense could still play defense. I think the 2005 team beats the 2015 team easily with 2005 rules.

I don't know man. Our defense would kill the 2005 defense. I think our talent and depth is way better now on that side of tha ball. I do agree that I would take the 2005 offense over now. But our current offense is pretty freakin' good. Defense trumps offense though, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 10:05 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: I don't know man. Our defense would kill the 2005 defense. I think our talent and depth is way better now on that side of tha ball. I do agree that I would take the 2005 offense over now. But our current offense is pretty freakin' good. Defense trumps offense though, IMO.
The question is... would one of our current guys play the Kimo role on Palmer?

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mb7efab6217d447d662d2e420b3121...0&pid=15.1]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I voted Green, but Curtis and Pickens weren't all that far behind. I think Green brings more all around to the team than the other guys with upside to get even better.
Reply/Quote