Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best album for pandemic
During this period of isolation I have found it helpful to listen to Pink Floyd's "The Wall" in a constant loop over and over and over and over again. Really lifts my spirits as I sit in the corner and touch myself.
Reply/Quote
Careful with that axe, Eugene.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Minutemen, Double Nickels on the Dime. Crazy good "punk" album if you can really call it that, because it spans many genres.

It's terrific anytime, but I nominate it for it's inclusion of the track "Corona", which will sound familiar to anyone who's ever watched the show Jackass. The lyrics of the song even manage to fit into the current narrative.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 06:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: During this period of isolation I have found it helpful to listen to Pink Floyd's "The Wall" in a constant loop over and over and over and over again.  Really lifts my spirits as I sit in the corner and touch myself.

On a more serious note, I've watched their 1972 Pompeii documentary a few times in recent months.  It's not far from perfect.  That version of Echoes is one of the most incredible pieces of music I've ever heard.
Reply/Quote
I've had a steady diet of the Lifehouse Chronicles (Pete Townshend) for the past 2 months, with a bit of solo Pete, solo Entwistle and the Who sprinkled in as well.

The album makes me smile so many times, Townshend truly hit his peak here (1970) and remained there for the next decade.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Metamodern Sounds in Country Music
Purgatory
The Moon & Antarctica
Reply/Quote
I remember the early days of Thrash Metal and, outside of local fanzines, there were no Nation wide Thrash magazines. So that means, in 1986, regular Rock critics were asked to review Metallica's Master Of Puppets, Megadeth's Peace Sells ... But Who's Buying and, as the year went along with sales taking off, they were also asked to review Slayer's Reign In Blood after reviewing albums like Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet, 38 Special's Strength In Numbers or Boston's Third Stage.

One of these aurally assaulted reviewers wrote "I don't know what this is but it might be the perfect soundtrack to the end of the world"

After being forever scarred they were probably asked to review something like Bob Seger's Like A Rock, Eddie Money's Can't Hold Back or Journey's Raised On Radio. These are all good/great albums but throwing Slayer in there must have freaked a few people out.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 06:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: During this period of isolation I have found it helpful to listen to Pink Floyd's "The Wall" in a constant loop over and over and over and over again.  Really lifts my spirits as I sit in the corner and touch myself.
For me, I can't be the only one who likes "Momentary Lapse of Reason" and "Division Bell."
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2020, 11:32 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: For me, I can't be the only one who likes "Momentary Lapse of Reason" and "Division Bell."

I'll say this much... I've always thought that On the Turning Away was a very underrated song.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2020, 01:21 AM)Benton Wrote: Metamodern Sounds in Country Music
Purgatory
The Moon & Antarctica

I don't have to do a goddamn thing but sit around and wait to die.

Very fitting.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
[Image: 220px-Rush_2112.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote