Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best (and worst) offensive lines in franchise history - Analysis
Burrow was making tough throws throughout the season as well. Here is a chart that I created which plots QB aggressiveness (average depth of target and PFF's "Big Time Throws"). Burrows ADOT was slightly below average, but he was well above average in big time throws. I'm hoping that the improved offensive line will to enable him to push the ball a little further down the field this coming season. 

The size of the dot is the QB's PFF passing grade. 

[Image: Q10YO88.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 11:06 AM)Mer Wrote: What amazes me is that we still made it to the Super Bowl despite 2021 having our third lowest rating.

Pretty damned impressive when you see these numbers to say the least.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 11:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Great work Goose.

When I was in middle school in the 70's I played a football board game against myself and kept stats.  

Stratomatic?
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 11:14 AM)jorev5 Wrote: APBA?  I used to play Baseball APBA with my brother and uncle all the time.  

(05-31-2022, 02:38 PM)jabor Wrote: Stratomatic?

It was a game called "NFL Strategy"

[Image: caf2f6031906b1fb2ae5231d52d37532.jpg]

It had offensive play cards and defensive play cards.  I would call the offensive play myself.  Since there was no one on the other side I would shuffle the defensive cards and blind draw one.

During the winter I probably played that game 15 hours a week in 7th-8th grade.
Reply/Quote
2008 the Year of Turnstyle Stacy Andrews....
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 02:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It was a game called "NFL Strategy"

It had offensive play cards and defensive play cards.  I would call the offensive play myself.  Since there was no one on the other side I would shuffle the defensive cards and blind draw one.

Holy crap! You're bringing back memories.  I had a similar game in the early 70s called Foto-Electric Football by Cadaco. One of my favorite games as a kid.

The game consisted of a game box with a light bulb inside it, offensive cards, defensive cards, and spinner card. You would select an offensive card and a defensive card and place the offensive card facing down on the game box and a defensive card on top of it. Then you would slowly pull out a cardboard shield from the box that would allow the light from the bulb to shine through and reveal the play as it unfolded. I included a couple of photos to show the components and the play being revealed.

Thanks for bringing to mind a great memory!  I may have to go find one to buy on ebay, lol.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 04:15 PM)jabor Wrote: Holy crap! You're bringing back memories.  I had a similar game in the early 70s called Foto-Electric Football by Cadaco. One of my favorite games as a kid.

This phase for me was around '76-'77.

I couldn't see the attachments, so I looked the game up.  Pretty cool concept.  It was first released all the way back in 1941 when electric lighting was still relatively new.  There was no television and 20% of the homes in America still did not have electric lighting.  That toy would have seemed super high tech back then.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 02:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It was a game called "NFL Strategy"

[Image: caf2f6031906b1fb2ae5231d52d37532.jpg]

I still have that game in my folks attic.   It was basically computer football with old card readers instead of microprocessors.  game ahead of it's time.
Reply/Quote