Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Best at every number
(07-03-2023, 05:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The team with Burrow? 

Either that or the odds on favorite to win a ring. I'm tired of the suffering, ok??!! Big Grin

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 05:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: No, you really don't.  He's had one great year and that's it.

If you ask me who plays their position better - Chase or Hurts - it's Chase.

It's a QB driven league so I'm going with the QB.

In another make believe scenario the top 9 picks are QBs with Hurts picked at #4. Chase gets picked 22nd. Article: https://www.nfl.com/news/seven-round-nfl-mock-draft-round-1-building-a-win-now-team-from-active-players-f.

I do agree Chase plays his position better but success starts at the QB in the NFL which is the basis for my take.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 11:38 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's a QB driven league so I'm going with the QB.

In another make believe scenario the top 9 picks are QBs with Hurts picked at #4. Chase gets picked 22nd. Article: https://www.nfl.com/news/seven-round-nfl-mock-draft-round-1-building-a-win-now-team-from-active-players-f.

I do agree Chase plays his position better but success starts at the QB in the NFL which is the basis for my take.

First bfine throws out a hypothetical with Burrow as a Steeler and now you link a mock with Chase as a Raven…

For shame!

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A hypothetical for the group.

Roger Goodall makes a rule that the Steelers get Joe Burrow and we get Andy back because it's only fair.

He does say you can keep Ja'Marr Chase or trade him for Jalen Hurts. What do you do?

That’s bizarro world, weird clowns, the whole 9 yards, lol. I didn’t even want to contemplate it…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 11:38 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's a QB driven league so I'm going with the QB.

I get what you're saying, but you basically made my point.

Sure, if you always take the QB at the top of the draft, that doesn't mean he's a better player.  This isn't a list of who is the most valuable, but rather the best player to wear the number.  If that was the case, literally every number would have a QB at the top of the list;
Reply/Quote
Just throwing this out there, if positional values doesn't matter, is Burrow even the best player wearing 9? Tucker imo is the best kicker ever and wears 9. He's the best at his position and while some here may argue against this, Burrow is the 2nd best at his position. So should Tucker be on there rather than Burrow?.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 07:57 PM)Housh Wrote: Heart says Chase

Head says Hurts. The Eagles 2022-2023 season was magical.

Hear hear. 

My heart always Hurts.

From my head Chaseing the skirts.
Reply/Quote
I can't see all their choices but I'd go Bates over Ekeler at #30. Ekeler can do different things but he's a complementary piece from front to back. Bates is like a defensive coordinator in the backfield. Totally locked in on every play and smart as a whip. It's one of the reasons I'm a bit slow to jump on the bandwagon for this season. Bates and Bell were essential to our success and they leave big shoes to fill. That could take some time.

But that's a different topic. For now, Bates #30. Bell gets honorable mention for #31 behind J.Simmons. They might not be Bengals anymore but I love 'em to death.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2023, 02:58 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Just throwing this out there, if positional values doesn't matter, is Burrow even the best player wearing 9? Tucker imo is the best kicker ever and wears 9. He's the best at his position and while some here may argue against this, Burrow is the 2nd best at his position. So should Tucker be on there rather than Burrow?.

[Image: oh-snap-dave-chappelle.gif]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 02:00 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: But it should still be real football conversation and not homer-vision.

Bengals w/o Chase. Went 3-1 and had some great offensive games.

Eagles w/o Hurts, are irrelevant.

Hell, if Burrow is out, Chase is irrelevant.

No player on any team impacts a game like the QB. That's why team are constantly searching for "the guy". Hurts is, the guy. He isn't Burrow, but he is a franchise QB you can build around.

Keep in mind, Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson, the two most impactful WR's in the recent history of the NFL. 0 Super Bowl wins. QB > WR everytime.

Just because a QB is more valuable of a player doesn't make the QB a better player.  
  Chase is the best WR in the game. Can you say that about Hurts being the best QB?

Randy Moss made the Patriots unbeatable in 2007 and it was by sure luck that the Giants won  that  Superbowl. Moss not winning a superbowl is pure luck.

Also Cooper Kupp was the most valuable player on the Rams for thier Superbowl run. So saying a WR isn't Valuable is BS.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 06:10 PM)J24 Wrote: Just because a QB is more valuable of a player doesn't make the QB a better player.  
  Chase is the best WR in the game. Can you say that about Hurts being the best QB?

Randy Moss made the Patriots unbeatable in 2007 and it was by sure luck that the Giants won  that  Superbowl. Moss not winning a superbowl is pure luck.

Also Cooper Kupp was the most valuable player on the Rams for thier Superbowl run. So saying a WR isn't Valuable is BS.

Chase is not even the best WR out of LSU. 

Justin Tucker is the best kicker in the game. Can you say JB is the best QB?  Remember, position doesn't matter.

Personally, I think excelling at the most important position on the team carries some weight. I currently give #1 to Hurts and #9 to JB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote