Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best fit Free Agent for Bengals..
(02-25-2017, 05:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice Burma, i completely agree.

Mangold looks like a perfect fit as well.

Whit, Taylor and Mangold would be a decent FA for us IMHO.

Mangold could be a panacea for this Oline if his ankle is healthy.  

Another player i think would be a great fit is Datone Jones.  I'm just gonna copy pasta from my older thread.

Datone Jones: DE (OLB for packers)  26, 6’4” 280 lbs 4 year/ $22 mill per sportrac

·         The Packers have never quite figured out how to use Jones. Initially they dropped him into a 3/4 DE role asking him to play near 300lbs, then recently moved him to OLB.  His true position though should be 4/3 DE.
·         Strong, thick, powerful and agile, Jones would be a massive upgrade over Hunt and also fill in as a rush DT for the departed Gillberry
·         One of the best D linemen in his draft class with outstanding measurable, production and work ethic.
·         http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/02/datone-jones-scouting-report.html

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 06:03 PM)Burma Wrote: Mangold could be a panacea for this Oline if his ankle is healthy.  

Another player i think would be a great fit is Datone Jones.  I'm just gonna copy pasta from my older thread.

Datone Jones: DE (OLB for packers)  26, 6’4” 280 lbs 4 year/ $22 mill per sportrac

·         The Packers have never quite figured out how to use Jones. Initially they dropped him into a 3/4 DE role asking him to play near 300lbs, then recently moved him to OLB.  His true position though should be 4/3 DE.
·         Strong, thick, powerful and agile, Jones would be a massive upgrade over Hunt and also fill in as a rush DT for the departed Gillberry
·         One of the best D linemen in his draft class with outstanding measurable, production and work ethic.
·         http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/02/datone-jones-scouting-report.html

Datone Jones? Hell yeah. Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 05:41 PM)Burma Wrote: Taylor went from being a rotational player who got 225 snaps in 2015 to a full time starter who got 551 in 2016. It looks like he had some conditioning issues.  Regardless, sporttrac has him getting only @ 1 mill per year and as a rotational player he would be a huge upgrade over Hunt at a very low price.  Could be a very good move for the team.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/01/detroit_lions_2015_snap_counts.html

That is an excellent point, kind of reminds me of our experiences with Wallace Gilberry.  He also did fantastic as a rotational player, and then floundered when asked to carry the water.  Likely has something to do with body adjustment.  Guys coming out of college are fresh, used to playing the entire game.  Unless they crack the starting lineup early in their career, and get used to playing the bulk of the snaps, their body's energy systems will adjust to their workload.  I would guess that if Taylor, or even Gilberry, were to play a second consecutive season of full time snaps, their body systems would adjust back accordingly.

(I apologize for not having any specific stats about the energy systems thoughts.  I just remembered reading an article, some time ago, that talked about human energy systems and how they relate to work load and volume.)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 07:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is an excellent point, kind of reminds me of our experiences with Wallace Gilberry.  He also did fantastic as a rotational player, and then floundered when asked to carry the water.  Likely has something to do with body adjustment.  Guys coming out of college are fresh, used to playing the entire game.  Unless they crack the starting lineup early in their career, and get used to playing the bulk of the snaps, their body's energy systems will adjust to their workload.  I would guess that if Taylor, or even Gilberry, were to play a second consecutive season of full time snaps, their body systems would adjust back accordingly.

(I apologize for not having any specific stats about the energy systems thoughts.  I just remembered reading an article, some time ago, that talked about human energy systems and how they relate to work load and volume.)

Not a problem.  You know volumes more about the body and working out than i do.  I take your word for it. Smirk

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 06:03 PM)Burma Wrote: Mangold could be a panacea for this Oline if his ankle is healthy.  

beating the bush a tad. Ok maybe more than a tad but thats draftekk player comparison to demarcus  walker. If we either draft walker in the second or get jones in free agency i would be elated. 
Reply/Quote
I'd be ok with a super cheap flyer on Justin Gilbert. The dude was a first round pick just 3 years ago and is only 25. Maybe a light will come on and he can be good eventually.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
He has the talent, but even in a showcase season it would take about 8 digits. Neither the Bengals nor JPP can give that.
Reply/Quote

We could make one-stop shopping with Packer's free agents. Jones, Micah Hyde, and JC Tretter ( a Center who can also play all the OL positions). One can always dream.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see us bring in Jonathan Hankins to be our run stopper next to Geno. I like our young guys but I'm not going into the season so unproven at the position outside of Geno
Reply/Quote
The best fits are all right offensive tackles, a position the Bengals need to address:

Breno Giacomini, Sebastian Vollmer, and Gosder Cherilus. Add one of these guys to the offensive line along with center Nick Mangold and I don't think even the Piano Man could screw things up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote