Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best message board in the NFL
(11-27-2022, 11:35 AM)Whacked Wrote: I’m a tech idiot. Little help?

I use my iPhone. Do you all just Google thebengalsboard.com or some app. lol

Been here many years and well just haven’t gotten around to asking lol

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I normally just use Safari and go to the URL if I am on my phone. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:56 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yep and yep. Those are both it. I normally refuse to pay for apps, but I use dark mode on everything so I shelled out the $5. 

Since your adoration of the app is profuse you may (at your leisure) subsidize our purchase of the iOS version by paying for $2.50 for each of us.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 11:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So many other boards are impossible to navigate.

I've noticed that on the few boards I've been on, at least for my old ass anyways.  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 12:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only thing that could make it any better is if Holic got us a dark mode. Cool

There will be a dark theme available, that should be done and ready to go in January. So, for people who would prefer a dark theme for the site and don't necessarily want to use an extension...you'll have the option soon. I'm also working on updating the mobile version.

(11-27-2022, 12:18 AM)Eraserhead Wrote: Agree. I prefer dark. Also, and this is a really minor preference kind of thing,, but I wish the tiger at the top was a little meaner looking. He looks like he just woke up from a nap. LOL

I actually removed that tiger from the logo a few years back and a lot of people wanted it back...so he's been there ever since. Jerry
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:41 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Dark reader on chrome is a free extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en-US

It looks like the same extension on iOS is $4.99?
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dark-reader-for-safari/id1438243180?platform=iphone

KillerGoose can confirm.

Awesome.

Thank you !! Wink
Reply/Quote
Agree this message board is the best. really the only one I even frequent, don't even do the Louisville message boards per they're really not up to par by comparison.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I love this board.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 12:18 AM)Eraserhead Wrote: Agree. I prefer dark. Also, and this is a really minor preference kind of thing,, but I wish the tiger at the top was a little meaner looking. He looks like he just woke up from a nap. LOL

Have you ever woken a tiger from a nap?  Nasty business, that.  Just ask my Uncle Lefty.

(11-27-2022, 01:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I actually removed that tiger from the logo a few years back and a lot of people wanted it back...so he's been there ever since. Jerry

Please keep him.  He's the first thing people see when they visit for the first time.  He's like a chill Walmart greeter.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It must be a good board if you put up with me here LOL.
Reply/Quote
Absolute GOAT board.....not just sports either ...

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
i like it overall but i wish some stuff wasnt allowed an there was stricter rules on nasty thing like the topic about breats but its not my site so i just have to try an voice my objection here n there but also put up with little stuff i dont like.

my son signed me up on here to give me a way to be involved with other fans an have something to pass time once an awhile with me retiring an my wife being sick. its nice to come here now an then just to be able to share my thoughts and escape from life now n then
Reply/Quote
Back when forums were the rage, I was a member of many, on many different topics. I haven't been on a forum other than this one in years. But the community is pretty great and loveable in its own quirky way, so I've pretty much been a daily visitor for many years now. Absolutely appreciate this exists!
Reply/Quote
This Bengals board is the best.Look no further.We’re the ultimate think tank for whatever problems the Bengals may face,now,or in the future.It might serve Zac Taylor well to read this board occasionally.
Reply/Quote
Have always loved reading the board and contributed sporadically on this and my last account.

Must say I enjoy it a little more since a certain contrarian isn’t on here anymore. The only thing it could benefit for is more a active users.

I also like something that other boards do and something my soccer teams board does which is having threads for certain things players. Eg a burrow thread so anything burrow related. (Quotes/ facts/clips/ discussion) goes in that one thread. Not sure if it has ever been tried here.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 07:51 AM)gman657 Wrote: Have always loved reading the board and contributed sporadically on this and my last account.

Must say I enjoy it a little more since a certain contrarian isn’t on here anymore. The only thing it could benefit for is more a active users.

I also like something that other boards do and something my soccer teams board does which is having threads for certain things players. Eg a burrow thread so anything burrow related. (Quotes/ facts/clips/ discussion) goes in that one thread. Not sure if it has ever been tried here.

It has. There was a Dalton mega thread here for years basically to keep all the arguments about him concentrated to one place lol.

We also had a Chase thread during much of last season when he was smashing records left and right, but a couple people that were still salty over the draft stuff complained (weird right?) and it got locked.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:02 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I love this board.

No, packerbacker, you can't have our bud light. Mellow

Any one else remember that commercial?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The group of posters was salvaged from the Bengals.com official message board when they shut down. Huge props to Bengalholic for doing all the work necessary to preserve such an amazing community!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 11:28 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No, packerbacker, you can't have our bud light. Mellow

Any one else remember that commercial?

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving Phil!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 11:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It has. There was a Dalton mega thread here for years basically to keep all the arguments about him concentrated to one place lol.

We also had a Chase thread during much of last season when he was smashing records left and right, but a couple people that were still salty over the draft stuff complained (weird right?) and it got locked.

And never forget the 40 page Dalton Dong thread..... it lives in infamy. Why, it was "Magnificent!"
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 02:31 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: This Bengals board is the best.Look no further.We’re the ultimate think tank for whatever problems the Bengals may face,now,or in the future.It might serve Zac Taylor well to read this board occasionally.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

If Zac Taylor listened to anything on this forum, he would fire himself, fire Lou, fire Simmons, fired Pollack trade Mixon, cut Perine, taken Sewell instead of Chase, cut Apple, cut Hubbard, kept Dunlap, kept Lawson instead of picking up Hendrickson, etc., etc., etc. One thing I am certainly glad of is that the Bengals coaching staff don't read this board.  Tiger
Reply/Quote