Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best mock ive seen in here. Sorry.
Whether it was mine or not this is the best mock ive seen put together...hate all u want but u know ud be on board.  
Fan speak Mock Challenge
Draft countdown
Difficult

1.Devin Bush LB Michigan-Fast instinctive linebacker who can cover better then em all and instantly improves our run defense and overall defense
2.Chris Lindstrom OG Boston College- Arguably the most pro ready interior offensive lineman in the draft and puts Miller on the bench and starts day 1.
3.Amani Oruwariye CB Penn St- one of the best corners in the draft and he fell to us in the third.  I think if this happens day 2 we run to the podium and have Dre's replacement.
4.Tevon Coney LB Notre Dame- Instantly replaces the horrible Vigil.  made almost every tackle for Notre dame.  great against the run and can fly as well with tremendous tracking and in game speed.
5.Isaiah Prince OT Ohio St-Solid Tackle for 3 years at ohio St played well consistently against top competition week to week and IMO unfortanately is an instant upgrade over hart lol.  Laughable but true.
6.Dontavius Russell DT Auburn- Dominated at the east west game and was un moveable.  Great for our rotation and i think he beats out Glasgow.
6.Zach Gentry TE Michigan-Stud at the position, Athletic tight end who reminds me of a poor mans kelce which ill take all day epsecially here in the 6th.
6.Martez Ivey OT Florida-Scouts are quoted saying ivey was one of the best offensive lineman in the SEC for the last three years starting at Left Tackle for the Gators.  Adds much needed depth to both tackle positions with imo potential to be our starter.
6.Karan Higdon RB Michigan-Considered one of the top sleepers in the draft and at a position of need now with Walton becoming a moron.  Higdon a beast and provides studly depth our Arbys lol
6.Jalen Hurd WR Baylor-Reminds me of our late rounder Marvin Jones big physical receiver and a former 5 star recruit out of high school with the ability to really be something and i think he is a steal and our possible 4th receiver on the roster after camp.
7.Trace Mcsorely QB Penn St-This kid reminds me of Russell Wilson and would love to see him in stripes.  Strong arm and solid body.  Can run and run the RPO to perfection.  I think id love to see him under center for us.  If dalton cant figure it ou this year and early i say we throw him to wolves and sit back and watch him develop.

I hope our draft goes exactly like this.  Hate all u want but this the best mock ive seen come out of a simulator.
Reply/Quote
I like some your picks, but the explanations re a little off.

Miller is not going to the bench. He signed a 3 year deal and it's highly doubtful he would sit.

I'm not burning a 3rd rounder on a corner and I'm sure as hell getting an OT before round 5.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:21 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I like some your picks, but the explanations re a little off.

Miller is not going to the bench.  He signed a 3 year deal and it's highly doubtful he would sit.

I'm not burning a 3rd rounder on a corner and I'm sure as hell getting an OT before round 5.

That's been the confusing thing this whole off season.  We seemingly made our bed with Miller and Hart and yet O-lineman in this draft remain a priority to many of us.  Would the Bengals spend this money and then immediately replace those players?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:44 AM)Goalpost Wrote: That's been the confusing thing this whole off season.  We seemingly made our bed with Miller and Hart and yet O-lineman in this draft remain a priority to many of us.  Would the Bengals spend this money and then immediately replace those players?

We signed miller cuz we had no one there and he was a bargain but if we can improve the position we will.  Matt flynn was signed and then benched cuz they drafted russell who was better.  Best man plays regardless of contract.  Lindstrom puts miller to the bench or lindstrom over takes the aging and regressing boling.  Amani is a steal in the 3rd and Dre kirkpatrick is a problem.  both are high value picks that instantly improve our football team.  there no brainers. Both miller and hart regardless of the money behind them are easily replaceable especailly in a deep draft in regards to offensive lineman.  again best man plays.  or else we are still stuck in the old mentality of mediocrity.
Reply/Quote
Pretty solid draft! I do think we could do better than Prince in RD5 though. The guy is heavy footed which causes him to reach out and get holding penalties. I'd take Dennis Dailey before I would Prince.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:44 AM)Goalpost Wrote: That's been the confusing thing this whole off season.  We seemingly made our bed with Miller and Hart and yet O-lineman in this draft remain a priority to many of us.  Would the Bengals spend this money and then immediately replace those players?

My take on re-signing Hart. He is penciled in as the starter right now. The new OT can learn and not be pressed into service.  Let the coach decide when whoever is ready to play, he plays. Remember next year, Hart salary drops significantly.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 11:17 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Pretty solid draft! I do think we could do better than Prince in RD5 though. The guy is heavy footed which causes him to reach out and get holding penalties. I'd take Dennis Dailey before I would Prince.

I like prince but ive read the same thing as u said in regards to his heavy feet.  alot can be coached though.  But honestly im a huge fan of Ivey.  I think Ivey could be a huge steal in this draft and potential starter for us again on a roster with no worthy starter at right tackle right now imo.  hart is not an NFL starter.  Ivey a three year starter at left tackle and and considered year after year one of the best offensive lineman in the SEC..that says alot.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:21 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I like some your picks, but the explanations re a little off.

Miller is not going to the bench.  He signed a 3 year deal and it's highly doubtful he would sit.

one of the best corners in the draft falls to u in the third round u take him.  u dont get cuaght up on need u stick to BPA.  Miller would sit if we drafted someone who outplays him.  Not playing the better player cuz of a contract is ******** man.  if theres a better player on the roster he will get the start over miller regardless of the contract.  best player plays. not bigger contract when talking about lol miller.

also i think Martez Ivey can come in and immediatly improve our right tackle postion...why? cuz hart is garbage.  Ivey playes 3 real good years on the left side against top competition in the sec and was regarded as one of the best offensive lineman in the SEC all three years.  Regardless of where you grab a guy if hes an upgrade hes an upgrade.  and ivey is an upgrade instantly over hart.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 11:23 AM)sandwedge Wrote: My take on re-signing Hart. He is penciled in as the starter right now. The new OT can learn and not be pressed into service.  Let the coach decide when whoever is ready to play, he plays. Remember next year, Hart salary drops significantly.

This is basically my take as well.
Reply/Quote

The Bengals have worked out a lot of OT's, including private workouts with Ford and Dillard, so I wouldn't say they've made their bed with Hart.  It's just going to depend on how the draft falls.

They seem reasonably set at G, though, and I only see them taking one if an insane value exists.  Lidstrom in 3, maybe, but no way they take him in 2.
Reply/Quote

hart and miller are both on deals we can easily part with next season. basically they are 1 year contracts with 2 years of options built in (as in no dead money)
Reply/Quote

On the old Bengals? Absolutely not. But on this new look Bengals team? Absolutely not.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 11:17 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Pretty solid draft! I do think we could do better than Prince in RD5 though. The guy is heavy footed which causes him to reach out and get holding penalties. I'd take Dennis Dailey before I would Prince.

This. 

I think Dennis Daley is one of the top-5 best OT's in this draft. Some "pundits" have him rated higher than Risner. 
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:21 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not burning a 3rd rounder on a corner

Just so you know, Amani O projects as a late 2nd rounder so that is a good value at that spot. 

I understand we have needs but this draft does a pretty good job of addressing them outside of the Tackle position you mentioned. Our defense was weak last year and more quality rotation at Cornerback that may eventually start if Dre and Dennard don't both stay is absolutely welcome.  

I'd be pretty happy with a draft like this. Does it fix everything? No. Does it make smart choices to give us good bang for our buck (draft pick) and move us in the right direction? Yes. 

Reply/Quote