Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best new feature
Smile 
Name something that you really like that the old board didn't have. Something may get listed that others didn't notice, so it could open some eyes to the new features!

I absolutely love how it combines your posts if you post multiple times in succession in the same thread. It was a pet peeve of mine on boards.bengals how certain members would go through and quote person by person and respond to 10 posts in a row, so an entire page would be taken up by showing that person's avatar, sig, and everything else that many consecutive times.

Now, if you post in a thread, and then you post again without anyone in between, it jams your new post into your old one with a black line separating the two. That's pretty cool, I'm a big fan of this.

What do you guys like so far?
Reply/Quote
Besides combining consecutive posts, I like how all the user info is on the left below the avatar and all the options are straight across the bottom of each post. The find and pm options are much more convenient to get to, but I feel like the email option doesn't really need to be there though.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 10:23 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Name something that you really like that the old board didn't have. Something may get listed that others didn't notice, so it could open some eyes to the new features!

I absolutely love how it combines your posts if you post multiple times in succession in the same thread. It was a pet peeve of mine on boards.bengals how certain members would go through and quote person by person and respond to 10 posts in a row, so an entire page would be taken up by showing that person's avatar, sig, and everything else that many consecutive times.

Now, if you post in a thread, and then you post again without anyone in between, it jams your new post into your old one with a black line separating the two. That's pretty cool, I'm a big fan of this.

What do you guys like so far?

I originally loved it too, but it's somewhat of a cluster when someone tries to respond to just one part of a post. I can never tell which one they are trying to respond to at first. The positives probably do outweigh the negatives, but change is just too hard I guess Cry

I do enjoy all of the stupid moods they offer, though Smirk
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Being able to put videos directly into your post is very nice...now if i could just figure out how to post gif's LOL

I also like that it has the font, bold, and color options right above when you're replying, and the smiles to the left too. Much nicer and more convenient than the old site
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 04:08 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Being able to put videos directly into your post is very nice...now if i could just figure out how to post gif's LOL

I also like that it has the font, bold, and color options right above when you're replying, and the smiles to the left too. Much nicer and more convenient than the old site

I didn't even notice the video button. Awesome!
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 03:54 PM)MrRager Wrote: I originally loved it too, but it's somewhat of a cluster when someone tries to respond to just one part of a post. I can never tell which one they are trying to respond to at first.

I always try to delete the part of the post I'm not responding to. It'd be nice if others did the same because it is a bit tough to follow when they reply to a post that has 3/4 different posts in it
Reply/Quote
Only thing I'm missing, maybe I just havent found it yet, is the ability to have the newest post in a thread on top.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 05:34 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Only thing I'm missing, maybe I just havent found it yet, is the ability to have the newest post in a thread on top.

USER CP
YOUR PROFILE
EDIT OPTIONS

There's some stuff in there like is says view in classic mode etc. Play around with those settings and maybe it will get you what you want.

Can't post images for some reason....
Reply/Quote
It doesn't sign me out after 38 seconds like the old board. Props on that.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 08:44 PM)Stewy Wrote: USER CP
YOUR PROFILE
EDIT OPTIONS

There's some stuff in there like is says view in classic mode etc.  Play around with those settings and maybe it will get you what you want.

Can't post images for some reason....

There's an option on the toolbar when you're creating a post, right between "Insert a horizontal rule" and "Insert an email"

[Image: th?id=JN.soRDmprBS89hRWMLaYNW9w&pid=15.1&P=0]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 05:34 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Only thing I'm missing, maybe I just havent found it yet, is the ability to have the newest post in a thread on top.

Still hoping to find out how to change this setting if anyone knows ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote