Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best of luck, Bengals Board....
I hope you can accomplish what we never could at the old message board.

In September 2005, the Bengals launched a message board on their web site. As luck would have it, that would happened to coincide with the team's first playoff season in 15 years. It certainly drove a lot of traffic to the forum, building the conversations up to a crescendo that hit its peak in January 2006 with a playoff game against the Steelers that unfortunately featured our backup quarterback. We all know how that played out.

A decade later (still seeking that elusive playoff victory), here we are with a brand new message board during a season that finds our team in the playoffs once again and sending a backup quarterback against the Steelers in the opening round. Sports, as we know all too well by now, is not without a sense of irony....and, sometimes, cruelty.

Hopefully, this message board provides a bit of luck or good karma that the other one lacked. It would be nice if this forum did not have to deal with the same angst & frustration during its first offseason. There are a large majority of very good people here who deserve better.

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 01:06 AM)I hope you can accomplish what we never could at the old message board. Wrote: In September 2005, the Bengals launched a message board on their web site. As luck would have it, that would happened to coincide with the team's first playoff season in 15 years. It  certainly drove a lot of traffic to the forum, building the conversations up to a crescendo that hit its peak in January 2006 with a playoff game against the Steelers that unfortunately featured our backup quarterback. We all know how that played out.

A decade later (still seeking that elusive playoff victory), here we are with a brand new message board during a season that finds our team in the playoffs once again and sending a backup quarterback against the Steelers in the opening round. Sports, as we know all too well by now, is not without a sense of irony....and, sometimes, cruelty.

Hopefully, this message board provides a bit of luck or good karma that the other one lacked. It would be nice if this forum did not have to deal with the same angst & frustration during its first offseason. There are a large majority of very good people here who deserve better.

Who Dey!

Clapping
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Perhaps this board being "of the fans, by the fans" will make the difference. 

Bengals gonna whoop dat ass on Saturday Night.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yup....I'm trying to stay positive. I still can't believe I created a thread giving Marvin props.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 01:40 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Yup....I'm trying to stay positive. I still can't believe I created a thread giving Marvin props.

Hey man, don't tear a rotator cuff while patting yourself on the back for that..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 01:06 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: I hope you can accomplish what we never could at the old message board.

In September 2005, the Bengals launched a message board on their web site. As luck would have it, that would happened to coincide with the team's first playoff season in 15 years. It  certainly drove a lot of traffic to the forum, building the conversations up to a crescendo that hit its peak in January 2006 with a playoff game against the Steelers that unfortunately featured our backup quarterback. We all know how that played out.

Who Dey!

Here's to a new era!  Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
This just might be the year we get at least one playoff win, if not more. I mean, our luck has to change sometime, right? Why not now?
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Im trying to stay positive. I don't have much confidence in a win, but I think we can pull one off.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 01:06 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: I hope you can accomplish what we never could at the old message board.

In September 2005, the Bengals launched a message board on their web site. As luck would have it, that would happened to coincide with the team's first playoff season in 15 years. It  certainly drove a lot of traffic to the forum, building the conversations up to a crescendo that hit its peak in January 2006 with a playoff game against the Steelers that unfortunately featured our backup quarterback. We all know how that played out.

Who Dey!

....and you sir, are one of those people. ThumbsUp

(01-07-2016, 01:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps this board being "of the fans, by the fans" will make the difference. 

Bengals gonna whoop dat ass on Saturday Night.

We can hope....

(01-07-2016, 01:40 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Yup....I'm trying to stay positive. I still can't believe I created a thread giving Marvin props.

LMAO I can't either Corner.....maybe your good ju ju will be what finally pushes us over the hump!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I said a couple months ago that it's probably no coincidence that 'Holic built a new board from the ahses of the old one and months later the Bengals have their best start in franchise history. If we win When we win Saturday, I give all the credit to 'Holic.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 11:14 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im trying to stay positive. I don't have much confidence in a win, but I think we can pull one off.

Same here.  I'm usually more on the pessimistic side, but earlier in the season I actually thought we could win the Super Bowl.  Once Dalton got hurt, I slipped back to my pessimistic ways.  However, McCarron does look capable of holding the fort down until Dalton comes back.  I'm coming back to the positive side.  I think we have the talent to beat anyone in the league; it's just the coaching I worry about.  Until we actually win a playoff game with Marvin, I will always be skeptical of his ability to get us to the top.

I do think thought that this might be the time.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 11:29 AM)Benton Wrote: I said a couple months ago that it's probably no coincidence that 'Holic built a new board from the ahses of the old one and months later the Bengals have their best start in franchise history. If we win When we win Saturday, I give all the credit to 'Holic.

Indeed you did.....so, 'Holic it is! Dancing Happy Cheers DingDing WhoDey2 Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
'05 message board memories.......

"Justin Smith sucks!"
"No he doesn't"

"What is Chad going to do when he scores this week?

"Rudi Johnsosn is a good RB."
"Nah, it is all just the O-line. Passing on Steven Jackson was the biggest mistake in the history of the NFL draft."

"Our biggest need on defense was a run stuffing, in-the-box safety, and we just fixed that by signing Ifeanyi Ohalete.  He played for Marvin in Washington and is familiar with his system."

"Boy did we get a steal in the second round.  Thurman has got his life together and we have a Pro Bowl LB for years to come."

"Reggie Kelly sucks."
"No he doesn't.  He is the best blocking TE in the league.  With the WRs we have we don't need our TE to catch many passes."

"John Thornton plays like he is wearing roller skates."
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping so too!  Its been a long time a-coming.  

Who-mutha-frackin'-Dey!   Who Dey
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I think they do it this year against Pittsburgh. Like the new boards the Bengals will rise from the ashes of 2005
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: '05 message board memories.......

"Justin Smith sucks!"
"No he doesn't"

"Nah, it is all just the O-line. Passing on Steven Jackson was the biggest mistake in the history of the NFL draft."

"Our biggest need on defense was a run stuffing, in-the-box safety, and we just fixed that by signing Ifeanyi Ohalete.  He played for Marvin in Washington and is familiar with his system."

"Boy did we get a steal in the second round.  Thurman has got his life together and we have a Pro Bowl LB for years to come."

"Reggie Kelly sucks."
"No he doesn't.  He is the best blocking TE in the league.  With the WRs we have we don't need our TE to catch many passes."

Don't forget "Robert Geathers cannot get to the QB No matter how hard he tries" (Think of European Vacation and Chevy Chase who can't go left)
Reply/Quote
RIP Bengals.com Message Board.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: '05 message board memories.......

"Justin Smith sucks!"
"No he doesn't"

"Reggie Kelly sucks."

Rudi Johnson then went on to play for Detroit..... Or then again maybe not. He got some free luggage out of the deal though.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 11:32 AM)PApinhead Wrote: Same here.  I'm usually more on the pessimistic side, but earlier in the season I actually thought we could win the Super Bowl.  Once Dalton got hurt, I slipped back to my pessimistic ways.  However, McCarron does look capable of holding the fort down until Dalton comes back.  I'm  coming back to the positive side.  I think we have the talent to beat anyone in the league; it's just the coaching I worry about.  Until we actually win a playoff game with Marvin, I will always be skeptical of his ability to get us to the top.

I do think thought that this might be the time.

If there is still a fort left next week, and Dalton can play, I think we can win the AFC Championship and have a shot at the big game.  But I believe, due to circumstances, this will be the most difficult game for us on Saturday.  I'd rather play New England w/ AD (and I'd be very optimistic about it), than Pitt w/o AD.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice OP, love this board and there is a different feel this time around.

Cannot wait for our first Playoff victory in years against the Stoolers.

The only reason i could see a loss is the main constant that has been here with all our other Playoff losses, Marvin Lewis.

Hopefully he will surprise me and all of us and coach a great game, if he does, we win.

We have the better players on both sides of the ball and we are not as beat up as the other guys.
Reply/Quote