Blake - 354 yards, 4 TDs, 144.4 rating vs Oilers
Palmer - 401 yards, 6 TDs @ Browns
Palmer - 233 yards, 5 TDs vs Bears
Palmer - 4 TDs, 157.2 rating vs Chargers
Dalton - 325 yards, 5 TDs in 3 quarters vs Jets
Dalton - 4 TDs, 146.0 rating vs Browns
Dalton - 363 yards, 4 TDs vs Vikings
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best passing days in Bengals history
(12-28-2021, 11:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This thread lags to the 2nd page, while the "bad game" thread is at the top? What does that say about our board? LOL

I voted for...

Burrow
Boomer: 425 yards and 5 TDs on 30 attempts
Blake: perfect 158.3 rating in upset over Steelers in Pittsburgh

Blake's game is the most underrated in our history, I'd say. That Steelers squad made the Super Bowl that year. We almost swept them thanks to Blake, as he led us to a 31-14 lead in the other game at half, but we lost 31-48 in typical Bengal fashion.

Maybe it is just the timing of the post? We are fresh off Burrow setting the franchise record for passing yards in a pivotal game where we finished the week in first place after crushing the Ravens for a second game. That's end thread type stuff. Joe
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Neil O'Donnell 10-11-98 win over Steelers
20-26, 298 yds, 3 td, 0 int, 152.4 rating

John Kitna 11-3-02 win over Houston
22-27, 263 yds, 4 tds, 0 int, 146.8 rating

Turk Schonert 11-25-84 win over Falcons
20-23, 288 yds, 3 td, 129.6 rating

Probably our 2 most underappreciated starters...and yeah...Turk.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:23 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Maybe it is just the timing of the post? We are fresh off Burrow setting the franchise record for passing yards in a pivotal game where we finished the week in first place after crushing the Ravens for a second game. That's end thread type stuff. Joe

Yeah, happens. Negative Bengal hate gets more responses from our own fans for some reason than the best stuff.

We also have been talking about it a lot and it was record breaking for Burrow as we all know yardage wise.

What is cool is he said after he doesn't really care about yardage, would be just as happy throwing for 100 yards with no picks
and us running the ball in a decisive win. Burrow just says things the way I like to hear them honestly. No BS, he means it too.

There is the cherry on top though he will not mention lol
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:26 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Probably our 2 most underappreciated starters...and yeah...Turk.

I forgot Neil O'Donnell was even on our team, thought he was a Steeler?
Reply/Quote
It’s easy to vote for Burrow, but no doubt he did it with half that team out in a very weird year for rosters. I’d like to know the stories deeper on the 400 yard games. How good were the teams they were performed against? Losses I don’t care about only winning 400 yarders
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:31 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, happens. Negative Bengal hate gets more responses from our own fans for some reason than the best stuff.

We also have been talking about it a lot and it was record breaking for Burrow as we all know yardage wise.

What is cool is he said after he doesn't really care about yardage, would be just as happy throwing for 100 yards with no picks
and us running the ball in a decisive win. Burrow just says things the way I like to hear them honestly. No BS, he means it too.

There is the cherry on top though he will not mention lol

I suppose it's based on 30 years of tough times. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:23 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Maybe it is just the timing of the post? We are fresh off Burrow setting the franchise record for passing yards in a pivotal game where we finished the week in first place after crushing the Ravens for a second game. That's end thread type stuff. Joe

I didn't intend to drag anyone down with the other thread.

I feel like people are taking it way more seriously than intended.

I just love talking Bengals and our history, be it good or bad. I've learned to just laugh at the bad, and there's plenty of good.

Heck, I listed more options on the good thread (14) than the bad one (10). Just goes to show we've had a lot of good QB play.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:32 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I forgot Neil O'Donnell was even on our team, thought he was a Steeler?

Was on the Bengals for the '98 season.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:46 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I didn't intend to drag anyone down with the other thread.

I feel like people are taking it way more seriously than intended.

I just love talking Bengals and our history, be it good or bad. I've learned to just laugh at the bad, and there's plenty of good.

Heck, I listed more options on the good thread (14) than the bad one (10). Just goes to show we've had a lot of good QB play.

This many times over. It's fun to discuss the team's history and your thread is good fun! When you're up for it, this would be cool to see extend to other position players.

Maybe a good offseason series of threads?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:59 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This many times over. It's fun to discuss the team's history and your thread is good fun! When you're up for it, this would be cool to see extend to other position players.

Maybe a good offseason series of threads?

I've thought about it. RBs, receivers, and big defensive games would be fun as well.

I'll probably save the rest for next offseason, considering we have a lot to discuss now.
Reply/Quote
The Anderson game against the Bills was epic. One of greatest MNF games of the 70s. OJ was in his prime and went off, but Kenny outplayed him. Those stats, under those rules were incredible. Also, it was one of the few times the Bengals were in the spotlight at that time and they didn't wilt like we saw so much in the last few decades. Truly a great and memorable game for any Bengal fan old enough to have watched it (guilty).

Not on the list, but Anderson had a game against the Steelers in that era (1974?) where he set the record for completion percentage that stood for several decades. The story was that the great Steeler defense was so impressed by Anderson's performance that they came to the locker room after the game to tell him. The stats won't look that impressive by today's standards, but for the era Anderson was in another galaxy in terms of accuracy. To set that record against that defense is astounding. It would be like doing it against the 1985 Bears or 2000 Ravens but where there was essentially no such thing as defensive holding or illegal contact.
Reply/Quote
You mentioned worst. I remember a lot of good ones over the years, but the one that sticks in my mind is the worst one.

It was in 2014, against the Browns, on Thursday night. I went to a conference in Charlotte. Figured it would be easy to find a bar to watch the game at. Went to a place called Jocks and Jills with the wife. They had a room partitioned off, only to find out it was a room for Browns fans only...and it was full. We were the only Bengals fans there.

It was a home game so we were looking forward to it. Then Andy Dalton had arguably the worst game in NFL history.

10-of-33 for a 30.3 completion rate, the lowest of his career
86 yards
Zero touchdowns and three interceptions, the second such game of his career
Passer rating of 2.0, the worst rating of his career by 38.2 points.
2.61 yards per attempt, his worst mark by 0.71

We had to leave...that's when I realized what insufferable idiots Cleveland Browns fans are.

Here's a video of that night.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/7/7173031/andy-dalton-bengals-browns-performance
Reply/Quote
The overall most impressive is Boomer's 23-30 game for 425 yards and five TDs. That works out to 14.16 (!!!) yards per attempt and a 16.67% TD percentage.

However, my vote is for Carson Palmer's 16/21 game against the Chargers in 2010. The Chargers finished the season with the 4th ranked pass defense by rating and Palmer lit them up for 12.8 YPA and a 19.05% TD percentage. The only other person to play their game against a top 10 defense was Jeff Blake against the Steelers, who will get my third vote.

So, my three votes are...

Boomer's against the Jets
Palmers 16-21 against the Chargers
Blake against the Steelers

Bonus points to Blake and Boomer for doing it in a tougher passing era.
Reply/Quote
I came here to vote Burrow, but seeing 447 yards in 1975 is quite the eye opener. Kenny gets my vote.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote