Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best pizza in Cincinnati
I ate at this pizza place right near Great American ballpark. Awesome pizza and a huge bar inside. The restaurant was huge inside as well. I can't remember the name of it. I know majority of the board members here have been there. You guys know what place I am talking about? The pizza was awesome and I loved the atmosphere in there. Your city rocks! I wore my packer gear and a lot of people said your OK, your not a Steelers fan lol. Anyways the point of the thread is the restaurants and bars are the best down there.
Reply/Quote
You might be talking about LaRosa's if you say that all Cincinnatians have had it. If so, it's good, but it's far from the best pizza in the city. I think Dewey's is probably the best local joint. There is a place on North Bend and Westwood-Northern called Five Boroughs that is super delicious.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure your talking about LaRosa's like Johnny Cupcakes said.

I'm glad the locals were nice to you. That is true, as long as your not a Steelers/Ravens fan we are usually okay with you.

Sadly I've never tried LaRosa's but next time I'm around Cincinnati I will make an attempt to get some pizza.

I usually end up getting Skyline Chili with my grandparents, it's like a tradition for us when we see Reds games.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 02:22 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You might be talking about LaRosa's if you say that all Cincinnatians have had it.  If so, it's good, but it's far from the best pizza in the city.  I think Dewey's is probably the best local joint.  There is a place on North Bend and Westwood-Northern called Five Boroughs that is super delicious.

There's a Dewey's in the Crestview Hills Town Center, which there's a connector to at the end of my street, and it's good, but I don't think it's the best because it almost seems too flimsy, both in taste and in texture.

LaRosa's is more solid with the way it hits your taste buds and also just in texture.

Maybe I'll roll down Dewey's and give it another shot.

(05-25-2015, 02:27 PM)magikod Wrote: Pretty sure your talking about LaRosa's like Johnny Cupcakes said.

I'm glad the locals were nice to you. That is true, as long as your not a Steelers/Ravens fan we are usually okay with you.

Sadly I've never tried LaRosa's but next time I'm around Cincinnati I will make an attempt to get some pizza.

I usually end up getting Skyline Chili with my grandparents, it's like a tradition for us when we see Reds games.

Skyline is heavenly  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 03:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: There's a Dewey's in the Crestview Hills Town Center, which there's a connector to at the end of my street, and it's good, but I don't think it's the best because it almost seems too flimsy, both in taste and in texture.  

LaRosa's is more solid with the way it hits your taste buds and also just in texture.

Dewey's is good if you're into trying something new or weird. My parents love the "Green Lantern", which has goat cheese and artichokes. Not typical pizza fare by any means.

LaRosa's is good if you're in the mood for very flour-y crust and a super-sweet sauce. It hits me like a thinner Papa John's pizza.

There's also a place I went to called something like Chi-ncinnati, where they served Chicago deep-dish style pizza that was pretty true to form. Extremely deep and extremely filling. It's been a while, so I can't tell if they've closed, if I'm mis-remembering the name, or if Google's autocorrect is just being a dick.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 03:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: There's a Dewey's in the Crestview Hills Town Center, which there's a connector to at the end of my street, and it's good, but I don't think it's the best because it almost seems too flimsy, both in taste and in texture.  

Dewey's calls for a fork and knife!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
There was a pizza place a long time ago called "Tratta's" that I don't know if they are still around. They had a shop on Queen City and LeFulle and another up on Werk Rd which I think was the first one. Anyway, they had good pizza but I think LaRosa's drove them out of business. This was back in the 70's and 80's so they may not be around any more.

EDIT: I just looked them up and the shop on Werk is still open. I just wonder if the pizza tastes the same as back when I was a kid. I think Trotta's was the first to offer those huge party pizzas too. We would get 3 of those huge pizzas on Wednesday nights when we had people over. Man those were fun times
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote

Hey brad glad you signed up on these forums. I think this is your first post I've seen on this new board. +rep!
Yeah skyline is a tradition in our family, always good times.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I actually wasn't a fan of skyline. Call me crazy but I just didn't care for it.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 05:45 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I actually wasn't a fan of skyline. Call me crazy but I just didn't care for it.

You're not crazy... Gold Star is similar, but they are starting to have other options for those who don't love chili and pasta.

I love the smell of chili, but eating it is a different story :vomit:
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Fratelli's in West Chester. NY style and very good. I have an exchange student from Rome living with us and she even said it was the first American pizza she's liked.
Reply/Quote
We have a Dewey's here in Dayton, and it's probably my number one choice here. But, on occassion, we'll make the trip down to West Chester to visit the Mellow Mushroom. Reminiscent of Dewey's. Both are good choices.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Not very familiar with pizza joints in Cincy. However, my all time favorite pizza place is in Ohio, Rigali's Pizza in Lima.

Runner up, Rocky Top Pizza in Kenova WV.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 05:13 PM)magikod Wrote: Hey brad glad you signed up on these forums. I think this is your first post I've seen on this new board.  +rep!
Yeah skyline is a tradition in our family, always good times.
Glad to be here!

Figured the board wouldn't be legit without some controversial thoughts! lol.

Rep back at ya!
(05-25-2015, 07:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not very familiar with pizza joints in Cincy.  However, my all time favorite pizza place is in Ohio, Rigali's Pizza in Lima.

Runner up, Rocky Top Pizza in Kenova WV.

If you travel across the river from Cincinnati (directly across) and end up in Dayton, Kentucky, be sure to stop by Buona Vita Pizzeria', especially if you like homemade Italian pizza and Italian food in general. Owner is a year older than me and grew up three houses down from me and the food is great. Dayton High School rewards its Students of the Month with a lunch trip there, and not that that's a huge endorsement, but it's great food. They're a very Italian family and it has a very homestyle feel and taste to it.

I highly recommend it! Tell them I sent you!
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 06:46 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We have a Dewey's here in Dayton, and it's probably my number one choice here.  But, on occassion, we'll make the trip down to West Chester to visit the Mellow Mushroom.  Reminiscent of Dewey's.  Both are good choices.

I'll co-sign this. Mellow Mushroom is a badass joint. I live only a few miles away, so I get to eat it pretty often. The Maui Wowie there is my shit! Jerk chicken, bacon, pineapples, and banana pepper with a pesto sauce....it's badass.

That entire block has some great food spots. Aladdin's, Tom+Chee, and the best sushi joint around are all right across the street.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
I think you're talking about the Little Caesars on Beechmont. Best pizza in Cincy.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 06:46 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We have a Dewey's here in Dayton, and it's probably my number one choice here.  But, on occassion, we'll make the trip down to West Chester to visit the Mellow Mushroom.  Reminiscent of Dewey's.  Both are good choices.

Haven't had the pizza since I was a kid... but is Cassano's any good?

I know it's not like Mellow Mushroom which are great creative delicious pizzas.

I just remember I used to like their crust(with a salty cornmeal mixture dusting on the bottom)... but hey I haven't had a slice of it since I was about 13 years old.

It may be crappy now. I haven't lived in the Dayton vicinity in a long time.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 10:29 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Haven't had the pizza since I was a kid...  but is Cassano's any good?  

I know it's not like Mellow Mushroom which are great creative delicious pizzas.

I just remember I used to like their crust(with a salty cornmeal mixture dusting on the bottom)... but hey I haven't had a slice of it since I was about 13 years old.

It may be crappy now.  I haven't lived in the Dayton vicinity in a long time.

Cassano's pizza tastes like Budweiser. That's not necessarily a bad thing...
LFG  

Reply/Quote
I'm from NKY and rarely ventured over the river for pizza, but I loved Papa Dino's in Florence, KY. It's a tiny hole in the wall joint that piles on the cheese and I just think the pizza is delicious.

LaRosa's is the local pizza chain down there and it's always delicious too. Top notch toppings and the sauce is just right.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Pasquale's in Dayton KY. Great hoagies. They put some butter and garlic salt on the top bun which really sets it off. Pizza is pretty good too.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 10:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Cassano's pizza tastes like Budweiser.  That's not necessarily a bad thing...

Ack! That's must be like eating a frozen pizza then.

If that's all I got and I'm damn thirsty... I'd drink it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote