Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best pizza in Cincinnati
(05-25-2015, 10:38 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Ack!  That's must be like eating a frozen pizza then.  

If that's all I got and I'm damn thirsty...  I'd drink it.

Ha...I guess it has something to do with the yeasty fermentation of the dough....or something like that.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So imma gonna twist this thread a bit.  

What's the best pizza in the Columbus area?

My top votes would be Mellow Mushroom, Pizza Cottage, and Eagles pizza in New Albany.

I've heard Rubino's is very good.  Bexley Pizza Plus is another good one.

Let's hear em' cause I wanna know.    Wink
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 10:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm from NKY and rarely ventured over the river for pizza, but I loved Papa Dino's in Florence, KY. It's a tiny hole in the wall joint that piles on the cheese and I just think the pizza is delicious.

LaRosa's is the local pizza chain down there and it's always delicious too. Top notch toppings and the sauce is just right.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Pasquale's in Dayton KY. Great hoagies. They put some butter and garlic salt on the top bun which really sets it off. Pizza is pretty good too.

Pasquale's is solid.

If you want a steak hoagie that will make you forget about all other steak hoagies you've ever had, go to RiverFront Pizza in Covington (KY) ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
There is a good outdoor and indoor bar and restaurant right on the Ohio River too I was at. I guess it is a couple years old. Really nice place. It is like very close to the ballpark.
Reply/Quote
Three places I go to when I am in Cincy.
Skyline, Dewys, and Zips.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Adriaticos (*sp) is the best pizza in Cincy. Not even a contest.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 09:34 AM)Ben Richards Wrote: Adriaticos (*sp) is the best pizza in Cincy.  Not even a contest.

Absolutely.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 10:46 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So imma gonna twist this thread a bit.  

What's the best pizza in the Columbus area?

My top votes would be Mellow Mushroom, Pizza Cottage, and Eagles pizza in New Albany.

I've heard Rubino's is very good.  Bexley Pizza Plus is another good one.

Let's hear em' cause I wanna know.    Wink

Back in my college days when I'd go up to OSU we'd get Catfish Biffs. That always seemed really good, but then again I was always pretty drunk.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 09:34 AM)Ben Richards Wrote: Adriaticos (*sp) is the best pizza in Cincy.  Not even a contest.

You know what.....I agree with this, and I'm pissed off that it completely skipped my mind until you mentioned it. I lived on this stuff through college. I lived behind the EPA in Clifton next to the old location for a couple of years and could walk there at any time that I wanted.

Top notch stuff.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 11:40 PM)packerbacker Wrote: There is a good outdoor and indoor bar and restaurant right on the Ohio River too I was at. I guess it is a couple years old. Really nice place. It is like very close to the ballpark.

Moerlein Lager House?
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 11:41 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Moerlein Lager House?

I believe it is. I am looking on Google and that is the place. That was a great atmosphere as well.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 02:22 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You might be talking about LaRosa's if you say that all Cincinnatians have had it.  If so, it's good, but it's far from the best pizza in the city.  I think Dewey's is probably the best local joint.  There is a place on North Bend and Westwood-Northern called Five Boroughs that is super delicious.

I live right near there and have never heard of five boroughs, ill need to check it out.

The pizza place he is talking about may have been that new joint that opened up on the banks right next to Holy Grail. I forget the name of it. I have had their pizza through the sidewalk window tho and its not bad.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 03:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: There's a Dewey's in the Crestview Hills Town Center, which there's a connector to at the end of my street, and it's good, but I don't think it's the best because it almost seems too flimsy, both in taste and in texture.  

LaRosa's is more solid with the way it hits your taste buds and also just in texture.

Maybe I'll roll down Dewey's and give it another shot.

Skyline is heavenly  ThumbsUp

The quality of Larosas is crap. Deweys knocks them out of the park.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 06:46 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We have a Dewey's here in Dayton, and it's probably my number one choice here.  But, on occassion, we'll make the trip down to West Chester to visit the Mellow Mushroom.  Reminiscent of Dewey's.  Both are good choices.

Mellow Mushroom is so damn good.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 12:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I live right near there and have never heard of five boroughs, ill need to check it out.

The pizza place he is talking about may have been that new joint that opened up on the banks right next to Holy Grail. I forget the name of it. I have had their pizza through the sidewalk window tho and its not bad.

Five boroughs is pretty good pizza, its right by the UDF. The pizza place on the Banks is Santo Graal- owned by Holy Grail. Like you said, its not bad.

Some of my favorite places to go:
Werk Haus
Adriatico's
Goodfellas
Macs pizza- pizza is ok, but there is a breakfast pizza (not on the menu, if you have to ask for it. Haven't been in awhile so it may be on there?) best thing ever.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 12:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The quality of Larosas is crap. Deweys knocks them out of the park.

I've never understood the fascination with LaRosa's. Is it just because it's a Cincinnati-based chain? There are two not far from us, but we haven't been in ages. It will fill you up but there are better choices. Dayton has the same thing wih Cassano's. Local chain, but not that great. Blasphemy to LaRosa's and Cassano's lovers, no doubt.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Didn't read all the replies to see if it's been said yet, so i'll nom nom nominate Strong's Brick Oven Pizza.

One location in Newport, half a block from the Levee and one in Hebron.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 10:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I've never understood the fascination with LaRosa's.  Is it just because it's a Cincinnati-based chain?  There are two not far from us, but we haven't been in ages.  It will fill you up but there are better choices.  Dayton has the same thing wih Cassano's.  Local chain, but not that great.  Blasphemy to LaRosa's and Cassano's lovers, no doubt.

I agree with you. I think its just because its a Cincinnati type chain. I dont mind the rest of their menu items (calzones are decent), but I cannot stand their pizza.
Reply/Quote
goodfellas in mainstrasse & OTR is fantastic NY style.

I'd kill for a donatos where i live.

Like others have said, LaRosa's dogshit sweetass sauce should be poured down a drain.
Reply/Quote

Exactly. Nothing else even comes close. Nice garlicy crust and a little spiciness to the sauce.
Well your honor, we've plenty of hearsay and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence. - Lionel Hutz
Reply/Quote