Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best use of a song in a film
Dueling Banjos/ Deliverence
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 08:48 PM)Lil Mikey Brown Wrote: Stuck In The Middle With You by Stealers Wheel in Reservoir Dogs. Michael Madsen doing a shuffle step while advancing toward a cop tied up and taped mouthed sitting in a chair. Madsen just so happened to be holding a straight razor and you knew thangz was going to get bad for the officer in short fashion. Tarentino has been pretty masterful at having classic rock and Motown as such an integral part of his movies.

That was gonna be mine, damnit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have a winner.  That scene was shot to go with the song.  S it looked like the song was written for the scene.

Can't believe I did not think of that one.  Apacolypse Now is one of my all-time favorte movies.  

Well you're in 2nd place for fandom.  I had a friend who put a boom box in front of the TV and taped the entire movie on cassettes and we used to have to listen to it when he drove.  LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Lots of damn good examples here.  Kind of requires you see the rest of the movie, but this 2001 anime remake of the classic metropolis has a beautifully put together ending that incorporates Ray Charles' I Cant Stop Loving You.  Really good movie, and I am in no way into a lot of anime type stuff.  For the time it was put out, the animations are really crisp.

~45 build up before Ray gets dropped in this clip.  Just throwing it out there.  

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 08:48 PM)Lil Mikey Brown Wrote: Stuck In The Middle With You by Stealers Wheel in Reservoir Dogs.  Michael Madsen doing a shuffle step while advancing toward a cop tied up and taped mouthed sitting in a chair.  Madsen just so happened to be holding a straight razor and you knew thangz was going to get bad for the officer in short fashion.  Tarentino has been pretty masterful at having classic rock and Motown as such an integral part of his movies.

This is a damn good call 'Lil MB.  Good use of your 2nd post buddy.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 03:52 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Lots of damn good examples here.  Kind of requires you see the rest of the movie, but this 2001 anime remake of the classic metropolis has a beautifully put together ending that incorporates Ray Charles' I Cant Stop Loving You.  Really good movie, and I am in no way into a lot of anime type stuff.  For the time it was put out, the animations are really crisp.

~45 build up before Ray gets dropped in this clip.  Just throwing it out there.  

Loved Fritz Lang's original....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Lol all i can think of is My Hero - Foo Fighters in The Other Guys
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Just about anything from a Wes Anderson movie, really.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 04:01 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This is a damn good call 'Lil MB.  Good use of your 2nd post buddy.

TV, Film & Music
This is a classic!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 05:13 PM)basballguy Wrote: Lol all i can think of is My Hero - Foo Fighters in The Other Guys

I love this song in Varsity Blues. 

That's another movie with a great soundtrack!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
The Chain/ Fleetwood Mac/Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

Great, and I mean great scene! One of the best in the movie.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 10:00 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well you're in 2nd place for fandom.  I had a friend who put a boom box in front of the TV and taped the entire movie on cassettes and we used to have to listen to it when he drove.  LOL

It could be worse...   at least he didn't stand out in front of your house with it.

[Image: 0cc97bc6b0ea18f1948929c4cb570072.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Kind of an obscure one but "Never Had"/ 10 Years

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 07:23 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It could be worse...   at least he didn't stand out in front of your house with it.

[Image: 0cc97bc6b0ea18f1948929c4cb570072.gif]

Actually someone should have mentioned this scene earlier.  That is a classic.

The whole movie is really good.  Much more than just another teenage fluff piece.
Reply/Quote
The White Stripes- Icky Thump/ The Other Guys
Reply/Quote
Just checked in to see what condition my condition was in/ The Big Lebowski
Reply/Quote