Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best use of a song in a film
My wife would most definitely go with I will always love you, from The Bodyguard.

As for me, I would say Paint it Black, from Full Metal Jacket.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Top Gun shit, yo. Several from that movie. Kenny Loggins and Take my Breath Away.
Reply/Quote
Oh shit!

For the 80s you can't forget about Vision Quest.  That movie's soundtrack was PERFECTO !

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Sheepishly offering "YOUR EYES" by Peter Gabriel from the movie "Say Anything". When John Cusack is holding the boombox in her yard, playing that song....that got just about everyone.

Someone used Vision Quest, which I loved, so I will add "Center field" from Bull Durham, "She sells sanctuary" by the Cult in "With Honors", and just about every song used in "Remember the Titans"
Reply/Quote
Thus Sprach Zarathustra. 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 07:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My wife would most definitely go with I will always love you, from The Bodyguard.

Was that song in FMJ?  I remember it being on a TV show about the Nam called "Tour of Duty" in the late 80's.

EDIT: Yep, was in the closing credits.
Reply/Quote
The Watchmen, Times They are A-Changin' - Bob Dylan

[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 07:46 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Top Gun shit, yo. Several from that movie. Kenny Loggins and Take my Breath Away.

There's a thread in JN talking about how there is only one woman on these forums now.  I think they miscounted. Hilarious
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 07:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My wife would most definitely go with I will always love you, from The Bodyguard.

What about Paint it black from Stir of Echos

Always enjoyed this too White rabbit - from Platoon

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:04 AM)michaelsean Wrote: There's a thread in JN talking about how there is only one woman on these forums now.  I think they miscounted. Hilarious

That volleyball scene tho'.
Reply/Quote

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Stuck In The Middle With You by Stealers Wheel in Reservoir Dogs. Michael Madsen doing a shuffle step while advancing toward a cop tied up and taped mouthed sitting in a chair. Madsen just so happened to be holding a straight razor and you knew thangz was going to get bad for the officer in short fashion. Tarentino has been pretty masterful at having classic rock and Motown as such an integral part of his movies.
Reply/Quote
The Wanderers
Platoon
The Big Chill

There are a bunch

The first Batman movie with the Prince Soundtrack. Prince just had those songs laying around the house, asked what kind of scenes and put the soundtrack together in little time. Prince was a genius!

Good Morning Vietnam

A good soundtrack that I heard was on a Call of Duty video game, I don't remember which but it had "Sympothy For The Devil" on it.

One song that should have been on a soundtrack and it may have been written for a movie but never used is "I Write A Song" by Earth, Wind and Fire.

Saturday Night Fever

There are a bunch and these are just off the top of my head.
Reply/Quote
How about The End by The Doors in Apocalypse Now?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Boogie Nights had a pretty good sound track as did Forrest Gump, with both making liberal use of existing music as I recall.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:54 AM)xxlt Wrote: Boogie Nights had a pretty good sound track as did Forrest Gump, with both making liberal use of existing music as I recall.

Oh What a Lonely Boy is stuck in my head now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:04 AM)michaelsean Wrote: There's a thread in JN talking about how there is only one woman on these forums now.  I think they miscounted. Hilarious

Uh, Top Gun was not made to appeal to women

[Image: 0.jpg]

[Image: 34745_top-gun-locker-room-paramount.jpg]

[Image: top-gun-goose_shirt.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 05:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually music played a VERY big part in that movie.

Mostly Ludwig Van!

As far as soundtracks go, Forrest Gump nailed it start to finish.

As did Pink Floyd's The Wall Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:47 AM)xxlt Wrote:

We have a winner.  That scene was shot to go with the song.  S it looked like the song was written for the scene.

Can't believe I did not think of that one.  Apacolypse Now is one of my all-time favorte movies.  
Reply/Quote