Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Would a Bengals' Superbowl Win Mean to You? Put it in Context.
The only professional sports championships I've watched of my favorite teams/athletes have been the Detroit Red Wings and Rafael Nadal.
While I was alive the last time the Reds won a WS, I was a little kid and don't remember it at all.
It'd be nice to see one of my hometown professional teams win a championship.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are the only sports franchise that Iam emotionally tied into.it is the only sports team that I
Support win lose draw. Been a fan since the fall of 1975. Coming from a upbringing of the revolving
Door syndrome, the Bengals have always been a rock for me and a bit of a sanctuary.

Winning a SB would really help giving this franchise more crediability and less ignorant
Narratives placed on this team by lazy sports writers for the last 33 years.
Living in NE Ohio its a added measure of happiness knowing im.among a section of Browns fans who
Can take arrogance and go.pound salt. Some Browns fans are cool and level headed.
Mom.so yeah if the Bengals win it all, along comes the envy from the Browns fans.
So.What too bad.
Reply/Quote
As a 9 year old kid and just getting to understand the game and attending Bengals games, it couldn't have been better to see Cincy in a Superbowl,,,,,,, only to lose to Joe Montana.

Then, as a 16 year old seeing that awesome Cincy team and cast of characters make it to the big game, pure jubilation,,,,,, only to lose to Joe Montana, again.

33 years later and 49 years old,, and after attending every home playoff game in the Marvin era,  I was thinking I might never see this again; until I attended the Raiders game 3 weeks ago.

This Superbowl win would mean so much to me now, but especially to the 9 year and 16 year old in me, pure ecstatic jubilation.

Cmon Cincy!
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 11:10 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: It would all be worth it. All the years of ups and downs, cheering, supporting, going to games, buying merchandise, all the jokes I heard, all the comments I took, all the put downs, the weird looks, all of that. It would be a payoff for over 40 years of sticking by this team no matter what. Never denying them, always being proud to say why my favorite team was regardless of their record, all the times I defended them, or got in arguments with other teams fans. I was too young to remember the first Super Bowl, but I remember the second one vividly. What a gut punch it was to lose that game.

My father left when I was 6 months old. My grandfather stepped up and played a prominent role in my life. He and I had a special relationship. He was much more of a father to me than a grandfather. We bonded over Bengals and football. He was born and raised in Louisiana. A fan of LSU. He passed away in 2017 from cancer. I miss him every day. I often think about how happy he would be seeing the team back in the Super Bowl. That a couple of LSU boys were a big reason for the team being there. How much fun we would have talking about this team and seeing how special they are. I don't know if that really answers the question or really puts it in context, but it really is more than just a game. Winning the Super Bowl would mean a lot and I don't know that I can truly express how much a lot is.

On a different note, after always dreaming of having the opportunity, I bought 2022 season tickets. I've always wanted to have season tickets to the Bengals, but life always got in the way. My family couldn't afford it, then I went off to college and got a job that moved me around the country a lot. I just finally moved back to the area in 2020. I had a stroke in 2020 and don't work or move around so well anymore. That dream of being a season ticket holder never died though. With all the excitement of this season, my wife told me that if I wanted to do it to pull the trigger and make it happen. Due to health concerns, you never know if tomorrow is coming so I called them up on Friday and got season tickets finally.

So if you've stuck with me this long and read this manifesto, thank you. I rambled a bit and I do apologize for that. This season has been an amazing ride and I cannot truly express the joy it has brought me. My 2 young daughters are huge fans. My youngest has autism so she was saying Joe Burr before the Joe Brrrr thing became popular lol. I miss having my grandfather here for this, but I have my wife and kids to share this with. I can't wait to attend my first game in 2022 in MY seats. I can't wait to go to the parade when we bring that Lombardi to Cincinnati. Who Dey!
Incredibly well said!  Who Dey and lets go X!!!
Reply/Quote
It would be great. This has been the most amazing year of my life. I got a great job, gonna have a little girl after years of trying to have a kid, and the Bengals are in the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 08:48 PM)Burreaux Wrote: It would be great. This has been the most amazing year of my life. I got a great job, gonna have a little girl after years of trying to have a kid, and the Bengals are in the Super Bowl.

Wonderful news for you and grats!
Reply/Quote
Surely there's least a couple dozen of you who would give up nookie for a year if it guaranteed a Bengals' Superbowl win.

Would you sacrifice watching any sports for six months if it meant a Bengals' win on Sunday?

How much money would you sacrifice for the Bengals' win on the ultimate big stage?

What sacrifice would make to guarantee your beloved Bengals a Lombardi trophy?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 08:48 PM)Burreaux Wrote: It would be great. This has been the most amazing year of my life. I got a great job, gonna have a little girl after years of trying to have a kid, and the Bengals are in the Super Bowl.

Awesome!!! That's better than any awards or accolades  anyone will receive after the game next Sunday. 
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 05:32 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Given history and total lack of respect for Bengals history even during the playoffs, Bengals winning next week would be the closest thing in my life to the Miracle on Ice in 1980 but way more personal for me at 67 years old and 45 years removed from going to watch the Bengals with my Dad. I wish he was here to experience this.

With Al Michaels there to make the call, could it be the stars are aligning?  There's been some talk that this could be his last game at NBC with his contract expiring, or perhaps he'll step away from broadcasting entirely.  What a great opportunity to break out his classic line one more time as the clock hist triple zeroes and the Bengals are crowned champs.

Do you believe in miracles?!  YES!!!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I would sacrifice the life of one of my children for a Super Bowl victory.

I have 2.
Reply/Quote
I would give my mother cancer for a Super Bowl win.

She is 87 so she is already playing on house money. What difference would it make?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 08:50 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Wonderful news for you and grats!

(02-06-2022, 09:01 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Awesome!!! That's better than any awards or accolades  anyone will receive after the game next Sunday. 

Thank you! Late start at nearly 40 but I'm excited. Mama is a Steelers fan but I almost have her converted. Adaleigh will be a Bengals fan too. 
Reply/Quote
I would get tiger stripes like Jones has tattooed all over my body minus my head, neck, and hands if it meant a win.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 02:08 AM)Burreaux Wrote: Thank you! Late start at nearly 40 but I'm excited. Mama is a Steelers fan but I almost have her converted. Adaleigh will be a Bengals fan too. 

LOVE the name!!!
Reply/Quote
I'm 46 years old, so I don't really remember the first super bowl in 1981, but I still feel a little twinge of pain every time I hear Joe Montana's name due to the 1989 game. I also remember the Reds 1990 championship. Other than the Bengals, my favorite sports team is Ohio State football, so obviously there have been some good times there to offset some of the disappointment of riding with the Bengals and Reds.

I grew up in Athens, so the fact that we have been led to this point by a kid from my town makes it mean even more, and makes it almost surreal. For those who aren't from southeast Ohio, you may not understand how rare it is for something hopeful and optimistic to come from that area. Athens County is the 4th or 5th poorest county in the USA. It's been hit hard by the opioid epidemic like many parts of rural appalachia. Before Joe, it was an extreme rarity if a kid from Athens County played minor league baseball or something, and to my knowledge there's never been a major league athlete in any sport from there. To call Joe a diamond in the rough would be a major understatement.

So to me, this gives it an extra level when I ponder what this Super Bowl means. I love this team regardless of Sunday's result and I've never had this much fun following a sports team. Cherish this everybody, there are no guarantees we'll be back (even though the future seems very bright). Do not take this for granted.
Reply/Quote