Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way for us to win next year-fix the running game
Rb at 9 and OT in the 2nd.Fix the running game.take pressure off Dalton and rest the defense.....You know bratkowski i mean zampredictable is gonna put us in 3rd and long why not go for it
Reply/Quote
Im cool with it, but I would rather get Foreman in the 3rd or 4th. But who knows by then, he may be a first rounder by the time the draft rolls around. Wish we can do a package trade with McCarron and Hill or Maualuga for someones 2 and 3rd or 4th.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 11:48 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Rb at 9 and OT in the 2nd.Fix the running game.take pressure off Dalton and rest the defense.....You know bratkowski i mean zampredictable is gonna put us in 3rd and long why not go for it

I'm on record as wanting mixon the 5th best rb in the 4th round but I can see argument for someone like cook. And can also see argument for elflien but really think we need someone like demarcus Walker. If they go either way on either option I'm happy.
Reply/Quote
We're he drafted by the Bengals, Zeke Elliot wouldn't have had the year he just did. I don't like our running game either, but I think depth chart is more to blame than personnel. I don't want any offensive player at 9 but Williams. They should go stud DE in the first. O line should be fixed in free agency. It won't, but it should. If they do go RB, I'd prefer the dude at FSU
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I'm on record as wanting mixon the 5th best rb in the 4th round but I can see argument for someone like cook. And can also see argument for elflien but really think we need someone like demarcus Walker. If they go either way on either option I'm happy.
Agree it is fun to speculate about possible picks. Sadly I am losing faith in this franchise due to their Chevy Lumina approach to football. I will be surprised if they get any of these top-tier players. Unless one of them has a serious injury between now and the draft. Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:07 AM)Derrick Wrote: Agree it is fun to speculate about possible picks. Sadly I am losing faith in this franchise due to their Chevy Lumina approach to football. I will be surprised if they get any of these top-tier players. Unless one of them has a serious injury between now and the draft. Sad
As long as they dont move down they will get a top tier player.Why would they only get a player if they get hurt?? That doesnt make any sense
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I'm on record as wanting mixon the 5th best rb in the 4th round but I can see argument for someone like cook. And can also see argument for elflien but really think we need someone like demarcus Walker. If they go either way on either option I'm happy.

I have seen you name drop walker in every thread .If we end up with him ur gonna need ur own beatsuite or jackshack 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:07 AM)Derrick Wrote: Agree it is fun to speculate about possible picks. Sadly I am losing faith in this franchise due to their Chevy Lumina approach to football. I will be surprised if they get any of these top-tier players. Unless one of them has a serious injury between now and the draft. Sad

We already have a running back in Burkhead.  Dude just needs to be given a chance.  I've seen enough to know he is light years better than anything we got, rarely does he not get positive yardage and attacks the hole.  Problem is Marv plays the dudes that he drafts high (or non rookies).  Rarely does he go with the lower draft choice if there are others in the pecking order, like Hill and Gio.  Laugh if you want, but it's all about production.  Burkhead doesn't waste opportunities/carries.  Let him start and see how it opens up everything else...e.g. passing game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:12 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: We already have a running back in Burkhead.  Dude just needs to be given a chance.  I've seen enough to know he is light years better than anything we got, rarely does he not get positive yardage and attacks the hole.  Problem is Marv plays the dudes that he drafts high (or non rookies).  Rarely does he go with the lower draft choice if there are others in the pecking order, like Hill and Gio.  Laugh if you want, but it's all about production.  Burkhead doesn't waste opportunities/carries.  Let him start and see how it opens up everything else...e.g. passing game.

You should start getting over burkhead now.Hes gone and never coming back unless hes playing an away game.we will not pay him u can book that.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:12 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: We already have a running back in Burkhead.  Dude just needs to be given a chance.  I've seen enough to know he is light years better than anything we got, rarely does he not get positive yardage and attacks the hole.  Problem is Marv plays the dudes that he drafts high (or non rookies).  Rarely does he go with the lower draft choice if there are others in the pecking order, like Hill and Gio.  Laugh if you want, but it's all about production.  Burkhead doesn't waste opportunities/carries.  Let him start and see how it opens up everything else...e.g. passing game.

Brown will start whoever he pays the most period. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:21 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Brown will start whoever he pays the most period. 

In that case he will be starting an injured gio
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:12 AM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I have seen you name drop walker in every thread .If we end up with him ur gonna need ur own beatsuite or jackshack 

it's because Walker and Barnett are on the similar talent level and I don't wanna waste a number 9 pick. Right around the New Year I was all over odu players so it's an improvement lol. No but seriously I need to watch more tape to get to know more. will be watching more tape this week. I Only comment on the players I feel good about on my assessment not a player I haven't watched on tape yet. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:41 AM)Jpoore Wrote: it's because Walker and Barnett are on the similar talent level and I don't wanna waste a number 9 pick. Right around the New Year I was all over odu players so it's an improvement lol. No but seriously I need to watch more tape to get to know more. will be watching more tape this week. I Only comment on the players I feel good about on my assessment not a player I haven't watched on tape yet. 

Players i have been impressed with and have watched enough tape to make a decision on

1.Corey Davis
2.Malik Hooker
3.Dalvin Cook
4.Leonard Fournette
5.Tim Williams
These are the players that i have watched almost every single play i could find of and would endorse with the 9th pick

1.Derek Barnett
2.Mike Williams
3.Rueben Foster
These are the players i have seen mocked to us in multiple MDs.i havent made a decision on these players yet at 9

1.Jabrill Peppers
2.Solomon Thomas
3.Cam Thomas
These are 3 players i have seen mocked to us that i will pass on

1.Jonathan Allen
2.Deshaun Watson
3.Mitch Trubisky
These are the wild cards of the first rd.really not sure where these guys could go but i would shit if we go qb

All in all im hoping for Cook,Davis,Or Hooker with my #9 pick .sure to change after combine
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:56 AM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Players i have been impressed with and have watched enough tape to make a decision on

1.Corey Davis
2.Malik Hooker
3.Dalvin Cook
4.Leonard Fournette
5.Tim Williams
These are the players that i have watched almost every single play i could find of and would endorse with the 9th pick

1.Derek Barnett
2.Mike Williams
3.Rueben Foster
These are the players i have seen mocked to us in multiple MDs.i havent made a decision on these players yet at 9

1.Jabrill Peppers
2.Solomon Thomas
3.Cam Thomas
These are 3 players i have seen mocked to us that i will pass on

1.Jonathan Allen
2.Deshaun Watson
3.Mitch Trubisky
These are the wild cards of the first rd.really not sure where these guys could go but i would shit if we go qb

All in all im hoping for Cook,Davis,Or Hooker with my #9 pick .sure to change after combine
I agree with u besides fournette his ankles may be chronic. Well disagree with Thomas only watched a little but he's a beast imo. Never got the appeal of peppers had 1 pick in his entire career on a tipped pass. Williams I love but Davis is growing on me. Waiting till senior bowl. I didn't see Walker in that group have u not Watched yet? And my point with Barnett and Walker is is Barnett at 9 insanely better than Walker at 41? If not take a different player at 9. There no way in hell we go qb imo. Even if it was a need only qb with first round grade is trubisky at 16. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:34 AM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: In that case he will be starting an injured gio

wouldnt put it past him.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:14 AM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: You should start getting over burkhead now.Hes gone and never coming back unless hes playing an away game.we will not pay him u can book that.

you might be surprised.  A lot happened this year that exposed many people, mainly Hill but Gio also.  Burkhead showed he is more productive than both.  not what people want to hear but that's the way it is.  If Marv and MB want to win they'll cut bait with Hill and sign Rex to a long term deal.  It's not about perceived potential, it's about results and winning so don't count your chickens yet.  you want to fix the problems start with those that produced.  simple formula, the Patriots have been using it for years.  they could care less about where someone was drafted.  it's about production.

With that said, I'm not sure MB and Marv are smart enough to figure that out.  But the blueprint is there if they are open to change.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 01:16 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I agree with u besides fournette his ankles may be chronic. Well disagree with Thomas only watched a little but he's a beast imo. Never got the appeal of peppers had 1 pick in his entire career on a tipped pass. Williams I love but Davis is growing on me. Waiting till senior bowl. I didn't see Walker in that group have u not Watched yet? And my point with Barnett and Walker is is Barnett at 9 insanely better than Walker at 41? If not take a different player at 9. There no way in hell we go qb imo. Even if it was a need only qb with first round grade is trubisky at 16. 

Yes i like walker but not at 9 .im only looking at our first rd options right now.We are picking high enough that we can get an idea of who we could get.As for the second round its to hard to speculate at this point.I think Hooker and Garrett are the for  sures in this draft though
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 01:25 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: you might be surprised.  A lot happened this year that exposed many people, mainly Hill but Gio also.  Burkhead showed he is more productive than both.  not what people want to hear but that's the way it is.  If Marv and MB want to win they'll cut bait with Hill and sign Rex to a long term deal.  It's not about perceived potential, it's about results and winning so don't count your chickens yet.  you want to fix the problems start with those that produced.  simple formula, the Patriots have been using it for years.  they could care less about where someone was drafted.  it's about production.

With that said, I'm not sure MB and Marv are smart enough to figure that out.  But the blueprint is there if they are open to change.

Ive been burned by this team all my life,And the one thing that has been a constant with this team is the irrational.Just because something makes perfect sense doesnt mean anything here.Maybe in pittsburgh or new england but not here.ever ....i continue to hate them around this time every year.but come time for tcket renewal im frothing at the mouth to get to preseason games.Its a filthy cycle and we allow it .
Reply/Quote
I really dont see Walker there in the 2nd but its way too early to try to figure these things out. The way i see it we have a need at DE,LB,OL and RB hell we have tons of holes. I would rather A. Trade back B. If the drop off is huge with say the ILB position, then that should be the first pick. C. Just take a play maker RB and dont look back.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 01:32 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I really dont see Walker there in the 2nd but its way too early to try to figure these things out. The way i see it we have a need at DE,LB,OL and RB hell we have tons of holes. I would rather A. Trade back B. If the drop off is huge with say the ILB position, then that should be the first pick. C. Just take a play maker RB and dont look back.

I keep finding myself watching the fournette film.im back and forth but his size/ speed/burst/violence is just amazing to me.He truly looks like a junior playing with 6th graders alot of the time.i think his burst unmatched from what i have seen in awhile.
Reply/Quote