Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Call Saul
Surprised nobody has a thread about Better call Saul. At least I couldn't find one. If you're a Breaking Bad fan, this show hit the ground running much faster than BB, which took a year or two to really become riveting.

Of course Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks are great actors and their interplay is awesome.

Anybody else love this show?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 03:05 AM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Surprised nobody has a thread about Better call Saul.  At least I couldn't find one.  If you're a Breaking Bad fan, this show hit the ground running much faster than BB, which took a year or two to really become riveting.  

Of course Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks are great actors and their interplay is awesome.  

I like it better than Breaking Bad. It is a smart show. Rock On

I especially recommend it to FredToast. I think he would love it.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I hear that new episodes are supposed to air early next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 03:59 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I hear that new episodes are supposed to air early next year.

Yeah, I can't wait for them to start.   Of course  Vince Gilligan's writing and the way Bob plays the role are in sync, so the show becomes very riveting. 
Reply/Quote
I liked it a lot. Looking forward to the new year,
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It really surprised me. I didn't have high hopes for it, especially after they changed it from a 30 minute show to an hour long show. However, I got hooked into it real quickly. I loved seeing Mike's backstory and how he came to New Mexico.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 05:11 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It really surprised me. I didn't have high hopes for it, especially after they changed it from a 30 minute show to an hour long show. However, I got hooked into it real quickly. I loved seeing Mike's backstory and how he came to New Mexico.

Yeah me too!  I don't know why now, but I thought they were gonna mess up a good thing.  While Saul was good on Breaking Bad, I just couldn't see how that character could be the main draw.  Guess I underestimated Bob and Vince.  I was totally hooked after the first show and it just seemed to get better and better.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 05:19 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Yeah me too!  I don't know why now, but I thought they were gonna mess up a good thing.  While Saul was good on Breaking Bad, I just couldn't see how that character could be the main draw.  Guess I underestimated Bob and Vince.  I was totally hooked after the first show and it just seemed to get better and better.

i'm in agreement. I couldn't believe how good better call saul is. vince gilligan is simply a genius show writer right now. but it helps when you have not only bob odenkirk, if anyone remembers back in the 90's old MR. SHOW on HBO with him and david kross was hilarious. then jonathan banks reprising mike, then there's tuco and his backstory. not to mention michael mckean his history with mr. show and the whole "spinal tap!" thing. we know we're gonna see gus and jesse and walt again at some point during their seasons.

I love house of cards and have not watched some of the more popular shows like orange is the new black, but i watch walking dead. hands down the writing on better call saul is better than anything anyone in the walking dead crew ever could be capable of imo.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:18 AM)WildCat Wrote: i'm in agreement. I couldn't believe how good better call saul is. vince gilligan is simply a genius show writer right now. but it helps when you have not only bob odenkirk, if anyone remembers back in the 90's old MR. SHOW on HBO with him and david kross was hilarious. then jonathan banks reprising mike, then there's tuco and his backstory. not to mention michael mckean his history with mr. show and the whole "spinal tap!" thing. we know we're gonna see gus and jesse and walt again at some point during their seasons.

I love house of cards and have not watched some of the more popular shows like orange is the new black, but i watch walking dead. hands down the writing on better call saul is better than anything anyone in the walking dead crew ever could be capable of imo.

'Orange is the New Black' is pretty good. It has good character development and some strong acting that hooks you in. The storylines aren't as strong as 'Better Call Saul', but they aren't bad.

'The Walking Dead' was originally a comic book. It roughly tries to stay to the story, which sort of limits the writers' creativity. I think that is why they started the spin-off show.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:18 AM)WildCat Wrote: i'm in agreement. I couldn't believe how good better call saul is. vince gilligan is simply a genius show writer right now. but it helps when you have not only bob odenkirk, if anyone remembers back in the 90's old MR. SHOW on HBO with him and david kross was hilarious. then jonathan banks reprising mike, then there's tuco and his backstory. not to mention michael mckean his history with mr. show and the whole "spinal tap!" thing. we know we're gonna see gus and jesse and walt again at some point during their seasons.

Yeah, I never really got into Walking Dead, but I didn't try too hard to do so.  I haven't watched House of Cards or Orange is the new black, but maybe I will later.  The writing on Saul is comparable / better to that on the Wire, which was another show that I loved.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:18 AM)WildCat Wrote:  we know we're gonna see gus and jesse and walt again at some point during their seasons.

How do you think they will work Walt into it?
Reply/Quote
Love this show. Can't wait for season 2 to start
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 04:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How do you think they will work Walt into it?

Very last episode...IMO.
Reply/Quote
Have not gotten around to watching it yet.

Is it on netflix by chance? Tongue
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 07:54 AM)magikod Wrote: Have not gotten around to watching it yet.

Is it on netflix by chance? Tongue

Just saw the first episode of the second season. It's absolutely awesome.

I heard netflix will show all the season 2 episodes Internationally one day after they air here. Also I can tell you that netflix does have all the episodes of season one available for all.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 03:05 AM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Surprised nobody has a thread about Better call Saul.  At least I couldn't find one.  If you're a Breaking Bad fan, this show hit the ground running much faster than BB, which took a year or two to really become riveting.  

Love that show. It's fun to watch and they do some amazing acting. 
Reply/Quote
Hoboken squat cobbler, full moon moon pie, Boston cream splat, Simple Simon the ass man, Dutch apple ass.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 01:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Hoboken squat cobbler, full moon moon pie, Boston cream splat, Simple Simon the ass man, Dutch apple ass.

"There's one tiny little chad. You're gonna have to make a video."
Reply/Quote