Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Communication?
INteresting quote by Jesse. It confirms that Lou's communication style hasn't been working well. And improvement over the last couple of weeks implies that someone in Bengaldom took that article seriously

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
A 2x Pro Bowler forcing his way out and performing much better elsewhere, followed by national news heat from a report on how shitty the "culture" is during his 2 year incompetence was all it took for him to communicate with his players a little better.

Also want to hear that from a non-DB position player, as those are the groups Anarumo has no clue what he's doing with.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Too little, too late. He still needs to go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Bye Lou.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like somebody is afraid of being fired...
Reply/Quote
I wish we played a team like the Chiefs this year. I wanna see how bad this really is.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 04:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I wish we played a team like the Chiefs this year. I wanna see how bad this really is.

I think/hope the Chiefs topple the Steelers in the playoffs, but the Steelers are the #1 seed in the AFC at the moment and they are 11-0 and I can't imagine they aren't going to sweep us and blow us out twice this year, so there is enough evidence. Also, the Browns swept us when we still had Burrow...we aren't good.
Reply/Quote
I took this as good news, but not because the communication has improved. But because it verifies recognition of a problem within the building, and communication is one thing ZT has harped on. I fear that in all his naivete, ZT will be in denial that his DC (and OL coach) just plain sucks and not fire him. This report just calms my fears a little bit - that the organization's heads aren't completely in the sand about Lou being an awful DC.

(I mean, we know their heads are in the sand about many things, I'm just glad this isn't one of them).
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 04:55 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I took this as good news, but not because the communication has improved. But because it verifies recognition of a problem within the building, and communication is one thing ZT has harped on. I fear that in all his naivete, ZT will be in denial that his DC (and OL coach) just plain sucks and not fire him. This report just calms my fears a little bit - that the organization's heads aren't completely in the sand about Lou being an awful DC.

(I mean, we know their heads are in the sand about many things, I'm just glad this isn't one of them).

Yeah that was one of the things I liked about ZT at first. But it doesnt seem like his interview talk is reality behind closed doors.

I am just ready to end the ZT experiment altogether.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 04:55 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I took this as good news, but not because the communication has improved. But because it verifies recognition of a problem within the building, and communication is one thing ZT has harped on. I fear that in all his naivete, ZT will be in denial that his DC (and OL coach) just plain sucks and not fire him. This report just calms my fears a little bit - that the organization's heads aren't completely in the sand about Lou being an awful DC.

My concern is they think the issue with the poor defensive performance is lack of communication or miscommunication.
While I'm sure that's a part of it, I think there's (far) more to it.
I don't think the scheme is good, or at least players that fit the scheme.
I don't think the playcalling is good from play to play.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 04:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think/hope the Chiefs topple the Steelers in the playoffs, but the Steelers are the #1 seed in the AFC at the moment and they are 11-0 and I can't imagine they aren't going to sweep us and blow us out twice this year, so there is enough evidence. Also, the Browns swept us when we still had Burrow...we aren't good.

Well ya duh, we all know we aren’t good. I just want to know how much damage Mahommes and crew could do to us? Would Hill go for 250+? Does Kelce get 4TDs? CEH set a rookie record for rushing?
Reply/Quote
Hey, Lou. I wouldn't even bother at this point, the cat is out of the bag.

Mahybe work on that real estate liscense. Or maybe call up Dave Shula and see if get you set up in a management training program at Shula's Steakhouse. You could run your own store one day!

PS What are the chances this *supposedly* gets dealt right after a breaking story by Elise Jesse spotlights these exact problems??? Talk about a coincidence!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 05:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Well ya duh, we all know we aren’t good. I just want to know how much damage Mahommes and crew could do to us? Would Hill go for 250+? Does Kelce get 4TDs? CEH set a rookie record for rushing?

Or would we even score against Pittsburgh or Baltimore the second time with Burrow. they pretty much dominated us on defense the first time... more than they dominated us on offense. 
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 06:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Or would we even score against Pittsburgh or Baltimore the second time with Burrow. they pretty much dominated us on defense the first time... more than they dominated us on offense. 

I thought Burrow played better in the 2nd browns game which encouraged me to think he would play better in the 2nd matchup with those two teams as well.
Reply/Quote
Interestingly enough, I have a feeling the defense is going to look decent the next couple games, and have a chance of Hobspin talking the what if's with a health Burrow.

Will folks (MB et al) fall for a 2nd half improvement again?

I think it's too little too late and hope at the very least a new (experienced) DC is brought in. The communication issue is a killer for Lou.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 05:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Well ya duh, we all know we aren’t good. I just want to know how much damage Mahommes and crew could do to us? Would Hill go for 250+? Does Kelce get 4TDs? CEH set a rookie record for rushing?

The defense would collapse into a supermassive black hole and consume the earth, ending our misery.
Reply/Quote
Extension coming Ninja
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 06:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I thought Burrow played better in the 2nd browns game which encouraged me to think he would play better in the 2nd matchup with those two teams as well.

I think it is a pretty simple formula:  the steelers and ravens have enough talent on defense to shut down Higgins and Boyd.  With no speed option that generates immediate separation, Burrow is forced to hold the ball and it plays right in to their pass rush.  Cleveland doesn't have enough talent on their secondary to shut down all of our weapons, and they mysteriously still put their best DB (Ward) on AJ Green instead of Higgins.  

That is why I believe JaMarr Chase improves this team more that Sewell.  
Reply/Quote
Fire the entire coaching staff. It all starts at the top.
Reply/Quote
Taylor had a face to face with Boyd and Bates after the team landed in Cincy from Washington. It seems Zac listened to Bates if this is true.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote