Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Better...but, need to be better...again
(10-15-2023, 06:25 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Seattle does have great defensive backs that is true. But Joe just looked off in that second half more than anything. His accuracy wasn’t there and he made a pretty questionable throw on that pick. But at the same time I think a half like that is always a possibility because the looks like the first time he’s fully healthy and he’s still getting back into that more open playbook.

It was just really refreshing to see the defense pick the offense up when they struggled. Was great complimentary football at the right time.

But you’re right the running game just continues to be sluggish. I don’t know what the answer is but without it they are just going to keep coming after Burrow when he drops back. We need to get that ironed out.

I wonder if that blow to the head that the refs mysteriously missed scrambled him a little.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we win the game today? Maybe it's just me, but last time I checked the only thing that actually counts is the *final score.  *See the Stains/49ers game..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:27 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: To be fair SF was down Deebo and McCaffery. And their kicker isn’t going to miss too many of those.

Not to mention 2 horrible calls on the game winning drive 
Reply/Quote
I think running from behind center, combined with play action pass is a need.

But I’ll take an ugly win into the bye week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: At least we're 3-3. WE need to come out of the bye and actually play well on BOTH offense and defense. No more of this nonsense where one side balls out and the other one goes balls up (like today). Although tackling was AGAIN a big problem and so was explosive plays the D made enough big plays to overcome a horrendous performance by the offense.

I have a good feeling last year we kept saying we need to put a complete game together and play both sides of the ball, during the ten game win streak. We crushed the bills in the playoffs, it was our best game of the year.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I wonder if that blow to the head that the refs mysteriously missed scrambled him a little.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe Burrow wad hiding feeling concussed a bit? No trainers were working with him so if he was having issues ha wasn't telling anyone.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:37 PM)grampahol Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we win the game today? Maybe it's just me, but last time I checked the only thing that actually counts is the *final score.  *See the Stains/49ers game..

There's nothing wrong with analyzing the game and evaluating the team. If we just based it all on "final score" there'd be not point to these messages boards. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
In my opinion I think a couple things are sorely lacking...

Vertical pass game and a run game.

I get so tired of the horizontal pass game. Throw the damn ball verticly down field.

And the run game...well we all know it's not great.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 07:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: In my opinion I think a couple things are sorely lacking...

Vertical pass game and a run game.

I get so tired of the horizontal pass game. Throw the damn ball verticly down field.

And the run game...well we all know it's not great.

Yeah it was funny to me we went deep on the free play and it was a completion. Though chase pushed off like usually does lol
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 07:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah it was funny to me we went deep on the free play and it was a completion. Though chase pushed off like usually does lol

AJ Green made a career off being good at it.

The key is never fully extending your arm. Half extension pushes you'll get away with all day long, but once you fully extend that arm it becomes much more blatant and visible and they're significantly more likely to throw the flag.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The offense is 100% @$$ right now.

Soft. Vanilla. Predictable. One dimensional.

We won by 4 and Seattle had 3 empty red zone trips.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 07:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: AJ Green made a career off being good at it.

The key is never fully extending your arm. Half extension pushes you'll get away with all day long, but once you fully extend that arm it becomes much more blatant and visible and they're significantly more likely to throw the flag.

Tee otoh seems to get caught more often than not.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 07:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah it was funny to me we went deep on the free play and it was a completion. Though chase pushed off like usually does lol

Seattle played a lot of single high safety all game. Why we didn't take shots I just don't get. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:17 PM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: While we are playing better with Joe B’s calf healing the offense still misses Perine and Hurst.

This team needs a Tight End. They should have pick one up early in the draft last year because several were on the board
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 07:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The offense is 100% @$$ right now.

Soft. Vanilla. Predictable. One dimensional.

We won by 4 and Seattle had 3 empty red zone trips.

I disagree with this. They have had their moments where they have looked great. Mainly the first couple of scripted drives of the past few games. 

Good play design. Good play calling. Tempo, etc. 

After that it's like the offense gets completely stuck in the mud the rest of the game. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:17 PM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: While we are playing better with Joe B’s calf healing the offense still misses Perine and Hurst.

Definitely, and missing them with no replacements will be especially felt come playoff time, if they make it that is.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 07:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: AJ Green made a career off being good at it.

It felt like a full arm push-off, same as Tee's it's just the player went the other way and Tee dropped the ball as expected this year lol. I'll have to watch the replay, but yeah I find it funny Burrow really only went deep when he knew it was a free play. So are they designing any plays to let him do that consistently?
Reply/Quote
Maybe the wrong thread but this is why the Bengals need to be pro-active and move up in the draft.

You have to grab guys that you know will make an impact... can't just hope and pray they will be there at 25+
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 07:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I disagree with this. They have had their moments where they have looked great. Mainly the first couple of scripted drives of the past few games. 

Good play design. Good play calling. Tempo, etc. 

After that it's like the offense gets completely stuck in the mud the rest of the game. 

Agree here. I think what we’re seeing is 100 percent the progression of an offense with a QB getting over a nagging but impactful injury. We are going to take steps forward and a little back, but I am not ready to condemn the offense just yet by any means.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
I’ll tell you one reason why we don’t take derp shots
Cordell Volson

He needs to be replaced.

And all this talk that we only need a mediocre line? Bullsh!t. I want an excellent line.

Why screw around? We need
Burrow
Chase
A great OL
whoever else…

That’s where I am at.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote