Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Better, much better but I still don't believe they are there yet.
(10-10-2023, 09:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: The defense issues against the run have not been power related - getting blown back off the line. Rather it is tackling and getting burned by cutbacks and deception plays. So the issue is more one of backside contain and edge setting than anything else. coverage wise our secondary got burnt once on a flat out blown coverage and Battle had one play where he was single high in the end zone - not something he has experience doing.

Offensively our line should do its job pass protecting just fine. Seattle's sack numbers are for 4 games 11 sacks against the Giants and 5 (IIRC) against the other three opponents. Coverage wise they rank 31st in the league in pass yards per game surrendered. They do rank 6th in the league in run defense so running well will be a challenge. So in theory expect another Burrow 40+ drop back game with them using the pass as a run proxy while looking to take the top off whenever possible.

Completely agree with you, Joe. 100%
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 01:29 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Cincinnati has been using play-action all season and have likely been looking to push the ball down the field all season. It just hasn't been there or Burrow hasn't felt comfortable throwing it. 

A simple fake handoff from the shotgun isn't my idea of play action 
Reply/Quote
Missed Tackles this season

Mike Hilton 8
CTB 6
Nick Scott 6
Logan Wilson 5
Germaine Pratt 4
Dax Hill 3
5 other players with 2

Total 50
Half of them from the secondary

Source.

Reply/Quote
The Ravens could very well lose Sunday in London. They’ve been on the road 3-4 games. Them and us being 3-3 would be great
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
To the OP, we aint even close. We will eek this one out as we climb out of our hole. Still many things to correct, but think these guys will be the team that gels down the stretch at the right time.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 08:37 PM)KyBengalfan94 Wrote: Missed Tackles this season

Mike Hilton 8
CTB 6
Nick Scott 6
Logan Wilson 5
Germaine Pratt 4
Dax Hill 3
5 other players with 2

Total 50

Source.

Let’s hope our defensive line is on point against the run on Sunday because based on these numbers if either one of Seattle’s RBs are getting to the second level we are in trouble, for multiple reasons.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 09:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: To the OP, we aint even close. We will eek this one out as we climb out of our hole. Still many things to correct, but think these guys will be the team that gels down the stretch at the right time.

I don't understand how a veteran team like the Bengals all the sudden forget how to play.  This is their 3rd or 4th year under this system, mostly the same players minus a couple here and there.  Everything should be established.  The only thing I can look to is the huge change at safety losing Bell and Bates then the Joe Burrow injury.

Not having Perine is hurting also, I can't imagine why he decided to go to Denver for the same money but hey enjoy losing bro.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 08:34 PM)KyBengalfan94 Wrote: A simple fake handoff from the shotgun isn't my idea of play action 

Play-action is a fake handoff from either shotgun or under center. If your idea of play-action is something different, then it is irrelevant because it is wrong. 
Reply/Quote

Mike Hilton 8
CTB 6
Nick Scott 6
Logan Wilson 5
Germaine Pratt 4
Dax Hill 3
5 other players with 2

Total 50

Source.

Lou needs to put this on the bulletin board about all those missed tackles. Get this shit cleaned up.
Reply/Quote

Mike Hilton 8
CTB 6
Nick Scott 6
Logan Wilson 5
Germaine Pratt 4
Dax Hill 3
5 other players with 2

Total 50

Source.

This will have a lot more on there after today.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: This will have a lot more on there after today.

You are such a miserable person. LOL

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: This will have a lot more on there after today.

Sad we can't keep track of bone head play calls from Zac Taylor 
Reply/Quote
Until they get a competent OC. It will never be good enough! Look at his offensive rank when he was at UC!
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:08 PM)OUatown Wrote: Until they get a competent OC. It will never be good enough! Look at his offensive rank when he was at UC!

Injuries absolutely decimated them on offense
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:17 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Injuries absolutely decimated them on offense

Do they have the balls to make a key trade or two in bye week period?
We could use another RB a TE and  a DT to spell BJ or a edge guy to help our DEs.  
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You are such a miserable person. LOL

Why? For stating the obvious that a lot of tackles were missed again and as such that list will have more missed tackles on it?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:29 PM)KyBengalfan94 Wrote: So you think RPO is  "Play Action" then.  all of those are a fake handoff from the shotgun, so is that your definition of Play Action Pass?

Just asking to see how wrong you are in your own mind.  I'd call you something else but the baby sitters would ban me for being honest.  

Same baby sitters who take care of all of you on this board who obey just to get clout.  Pathetic all of you.

They are trying to ban me right now, they just need a reason.

Well, I'm not surprised to see this moron is suspended, but I will respond nonetheless.

No, an RPO is not a play-action pass, and no, RPOs don't always occur from shotgun. An RPO is a run play that has a pass option added on to it. A play-action pass is a pass play with a run fake. This is irrelevant to what I originally said, though - the Bengals have utilized more RPOs this season than they have play-action passes, but they have still ran play-action passes every single game, which is what I was commenting on. And yes, you can run a play-action fake from shotgun. QB depth doesn't matter. What matters is how it is blocked and whether you have WRs running a route tree down the field. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 10:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Seahawks are 3-1 for a reason, but they haven't played a QB like what we saw play against the Cardinals or a WR like what Chase is 
right now. Our Defense expected more pass once we were up big and that big run by Moore was a great misdirection play in desperation.

I think it will be a tough game against a vet QB in Geno Smith and some good RB's that Seattle has. DK Metcalf might get some big plays
but I expect us to hit him good with our Safeties and CTB and frustrate him. I think we can pull this one out if Burrow is getting better in 
health and his mind like he is showing. We also know now that we have a good backup WR/PR in Velveeta which is awesome and gives 
Defenses another thing to think about if Tee cannot go.

As far as elite Corners go, I haven't seen it with Seattle. They have the names, but they have played against running teams for the most
part and are one of the worst teams against the pass. We will see against a passing Offense with a recovering Burrow at the helm.

Damn, good call Nate!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote