Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betting on games
Anyone do this ... legitimately?

I want to put down money on this Sundays game.

Thanks.
Reply/Quote
I'll take your bet and you're gonna regret 'cuz I'm the best there's ever been!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yep, but you can't live in America for most of the sites.
Reply/Quote
Local bookies are legitimate if you ask me.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
^ wish I knew one Sad
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:31 PM)Whacked Wrote: ^ wish I knew one Sad

Most have NE -9. Meaning that New England has to beat us by more than 9 points for you to win.
Reply/Quote
whats the line?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
This seems like a sucker bet. When 80% of the general pop money goes one way it is bad news.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:33 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Most have NE -9. Meaning that New England has to beat us by more than 9 points for you to win.

I would the house on that no brainer. A pissed off, fired up Tom Brady at home with a chip on his shoulder against a team spiraling downward, no leadership and ....relying on Marvin to get us back to form? lol

Easy bet. Guaranteed money.
Reply/Quote
I think rule number one in betting is don't bet your own team. GL though.
Reply/Quote
That's why I'm betting on the Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:43 PM)Whacked Wrote: I would the house on that no brainer. A pissed off, fired up Tom Brady at home with a chip on his shoulder against a team spiraling downward, no leadership and ....relying on Marvin to get us back to form? lol

Easy bet. Guaranteed money.

It's actually a horrible bet. I bet on football quite frequently and taking lines that are close to 10 is a bad deal. You want to avoid those type of games. Even if it's a horrible team vs the best team in the league. There's a saying "any given Sunday" for a reason, and that's to win a game. To give up that many points is just way too risky. You can do what you want with you're money though. I just wouldn't recommend it.
Reply/Quote
Thanks. I appreciate the advice Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 04:57 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone do this ... legitimately?

Thanks.

I do it all the time. I never bet ON the Bengals. It's a kiss of death. I usually bet against them to lose so if they do lose, at least I gain something financially. If they win, I'm even happier.

I made $250 this past weekend. Wish I lost.
Reply/Quote
If you do like risks, just bet the winner. Sure, betting that the Pats just win will only get you about $22 for every $100 you wager, but I think we can all agree that there is a very good chance the Pats win.

Sometimes, I do what's called a "Nightmare Scenario". I bet that the Bengals will LOSE and the Steelers will WIN. This week, since the Bengals are a huge underdog and the Steelers are a huge favorite, if you parlay them both you would get about $54 for every $100 you bet. I'm sure if the Bengals won you would be more than happy to lose some money. I am.
Reply/Quote
^Interesting. Thank you fellas!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 06:15 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I think we can all agree that there is a very good chance the Pats win.

[Image: screen-shot-2011-08-18-at-3-13-40-pm.png]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:01 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: [Image: screen-shot-2011-08-18-at-3-13-40-pm.png]

To rebut:

[Image: fCJM1qYZBr9i7mdLRkOaUSrMkdHAUhSu5uwW8a_c...76f15db3b8]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 04:57 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone do this ... legitimately?

Thanks.

Parlay the steelers to win and the pats to win outright.  It is a given and if for some reason, the steelers lose or the bengals win, I'm still happy.  Who said money can't buy you happiness?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:33 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Most have NE -9. 

and thats just the first quarter!  Ninja
Reply/Quote